Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full size trucks are the exception to this. Even full size SUV's like the Suburban or Expedition do not give you that much legroom when the front seats are all the way back.
Yes, that is true! The amount of room in this picture is pretty tiny, though. It's just a few inches, unless the angle is off.
Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes me wonder if Ford is even committed to the 2-door long term.
The 2 door is the heart and soul of the Bronco. The first one introduced. It will never
Clearly you haven't owned an F150 then. I can store a small house in the back seat with plenty of legroom when my 6'2" husband is driving - and he will be driving my Bronco with the seat all the way back, more than likely. That means there won't be enough room for a passenger behind him.
You should get a 2020 Escape. "More rear legroom than a Suburban" :ROFLMAO:

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Everyone thinking about the 4 door bronco as a family hauler should read this, as I am going to walk you through some key points. Sorry BroncoChicken, this isn’t all directed at you, just trying to figure out the legroom situation and the results are pretty important to share.

Spelling everything out so this could easily be referenced in other threads regarding a concern with rear leg room.

as a reply to above, some rear leg room numbers are misleading. Someone mentioned that as well on the 4 runner, listed as 34” and thought they could get 2” more with a bronco. I googled this and it sounds like legroom dimensions are sometimes wonky given they could be measured with the front seats in the back of their tracks or in a normal driving position. In the case of 4 runner and GX I think those are with the seats all the way back. Read below. In no way does the GX actually have 2” less rear legroom than the 4 door bronco. By the time you’re done reading and reviewing the photos it looks like the GX actually has a good 4-5” more rear legroom, not 2” less, which goes back to my point that those measurements are probably with the seats in the back of their tracks.

let’s allow the photos to do the talking

comparing photos -
Step 1 - look at the driver seat front edge and compare to bottom of the steering wheel. That locks in the position of the front seat for reference.

step 2 - now look at rear seat room. Compare the length of the knee room to the length of the seat cushion

here are the results
For the GX photos (same car on car guru with front seats unmoved in both photos - figured that would give an honest look). You see the Front seat front edge is aligned with the bottom of the steering wheel. A typical driving position if anything the seat is pushed back an inch since a normal driving position has a small overlap between the bottom cushion and the steering wheel. Then look at the rear. TONS of legroom. Rear knee room is almost equal to the seat cushion depth. I tested this out in my own outback and the rear seat was the same, seat cushion was 19”, almost half of the overall measurement.

NOW look at the Ford side profile below (4 dr not the 2 dr). the front seat front edge has an inch or two of overlap with the bottom of the steering wheel (keep in mind some of the front seat is hidden by the shifter). So it’s actually showing the front seat slightly more forward than the GX photo. And then look at the corresponding rear seat legroom compared to the GX. It’s night and day. GX looks like a freaking limo. The rear knee room is only half of the depth of the seat cushion, a 0.5:1 ratio, not a 1:1 ratio like in the GX.

And here’s the optical illusion that everyone should be made aware of...

The front seats in the bronco 4 dr are always behind the b pillar. Every photo I have seen of the 4 door shows this even the marketing materials. It seems like you could push the front seats forward a ton, and free up space in the rear. But that’s not fully the case. It’s almost an optical illusion because I think the B pillars on the 4 dr are just pushed forward more than typical cars to make way for the rear doors since the rear area is so cramped. Attached is a two door you will see the difference in the b pillar. But more importantly, using the GX photo for reference, the front seats are actually pushed back some since the front seat lip is aligned with the steering wheel (not overlapping by 2 inches) and STILL the seat back is slightly in front of the B pillar. In the 4 door bronco side profile, the seat is overlapping the steering wheel. So the seats aren’t pushed back. It’s just that the B pillar is positioned forward a good 4” compared to other suvs. The b pillar is just throwing off ppls point of reference. Which is why when the rear seat shot that was posted in this thread (included below) scared the shit out of me. One would think of the front seats are super pushed back behind the b pillar. But not true. What you see is what you get for rear legroom. I don’t think you could move the front seats forwards nearly as much as you think.

so again really hard to make the call to order without seeing in person. Or until we get a YouTubein depth review of the 4 door

did ford drop the ball? Maybe. I do find it odd that they are clearly showing misstated legroom numbers given the overall legroom is visibly not identical between the 2 dr and 4 dr. Maybe this was a major sacrifice in order to remove the space bar (a big selling point over the wrangler for open air feel). But Broncos roll cage results in a shorter cabin than the wrangler given it doesn’t have the mid support bar. Putting numbers aside, just look at the wrangler. It’s bigger.

wrangler is 41/38, bronco is 43/36. But given the front upright dash I’m not so sure you could just scoot the front seat up a full 2-3 inches in the bronco. Your limited on knee room not legroom. At the end of the day I think you’re left with around 36 in the rear which is very poor. And if you hear guys that say my 4 runner is listed at 34” take that with a grain of salt because I think some cars have measurements with the seats back. We just proved that going from a GX to a 4 door bronco looks to be a loss of 4-5” of rear legroom, not a gain of 2”

so not yet sold if this is accommodating for young families w car seats, especially rear baby seats. Which is a big deal if you buy this site unseen. Not sure how well this would serve as a family suv / road trips etc.

order of photos is thrown off. Below is - Bronco 2 dr, Bronco 4 dr, GX, wrangler

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor rdanecook_tourgasm

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor rdanecook_tourgasm

I agree, which is why I added the caveat about the accuracy of the numbers being shared. I did go back and look at the pictures of that guy that is 6’7” sitting, and he has the seat pushed back so that it’s showing behind the b-pillar, like some of those pictures. In the end, we are all speculating about a lot of things and we’ll be able to see a real one live soon enough.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clearly you haven't owned an F150 then. I can store a small house in the back seat with plenty of legroom when my 6'2" husband is driving - and he will be driving my Bronco with the seat all the way back, more than likely. That means there won't be enough room for a passenger behind him.
:oops: I guess you'll have to get a shorter husband.
:unsure: I don't see any other possible solution for this.
:ROFLMAO: lol

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took the the 2nd row out of my tundra and made a plywood carped flat shelf dog loves it and storage underneath i will be doing this day one on a 2dr.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took the the 2nd row out of my tundra and made a plywood carped flat shelf dog loves it and storage underneath i will be doing this day one on a 2dr.
I'm thinking the same especially if it allows me to store the doors, roof panels and maybe side windows back there???

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No kidding. Did you look at the numbers.

I saw it and started a thread calculating why that number is wrong. Still no resolution

It’s identical to the 2 door. 36” sucks. The sectional shots clearly show more overall total FR legroom on the 4 door. Either

A

the 4 dr legroom on the website is understated

B

the 2 dr is overstated

C

the website is showing the average of the 2 dr and 4 door and its applied to both.

...while I’d love to believe legroom beats the wrangler benchmark there is no telling since the b pillar ceiling bar is pushed back behind the rear seats potentially compressing the seating length for structural purposes. Ford may be covering up and/or figuring out. Such as the recent news that the rear seats doesnt fold flat.
Both the front and rear legroom on the 4dr bronco are better than what the 2nd gen Xterra has and I (at 6'1") can easily sit there without my knees against the seats/dash. I dont think any of those numbers could be considered a bad thing and are certainly way more than enough for a rear facing child seat.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The front seats are all the way back. There is no legroom in any car when you put the front seat all the way back.
PLEASE Look at my post in page 5 regarding the deception of the B-pillars. Everyone needs to stop thinking that every photo of the 4 door has the seats pushed back all the way and that is why the rear leg room sucks. Those seats are not as far back as you think. The B-Pillars on the 4 door are pushed forward to make room for the rear doors. Look below at the B-Pillar on the 2 door vs the 4 door.

See the side profile (see 4 door, LOWER photo...top photo is the 2 door)...see how the driver seat front edge is overlapping the steering wheel by an inch or two (which is a normal driving position). The backside of the front seat (shoulder area) is BEHIND the B-Pillar. That seating position is no different than the photo posted on this thread showing minimal rear leg room.

Disregard the lines, i was just proving that fords website is wrong in showing identical legroom for the 2 door and 4 door, and we dont have the correct numbers yet.
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor Untitled (1)

Sponsored

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
PLEASE Look at my post in page 5 regarding the deception of the B-pillars. Everyone needs to stop thinking that every photo of the 4 door has the seats pushed back all the way and that is why the rear leg room sucks. Those seats are not as far back as you think. The B-Pillars on the 4 door are pushed forward to make room for the rear doors. Look below at the B-Pillar on the 2 door vs the 4 door.

See the side profile (see 4 door, LOWER photo...top photo is the 2 door)...see how the driver seat front edge is overlapping the steering wheel by an inch or two (which is a normal driving position). The backside of the front seat (shoulder area) is BEHIND the B-Pillar. That seating position is no different than the photo posted on this thread showing minimal rear leg room.

Disregard the lines, i was just proving that fords website is wrong in showing identical legroom for the 2 door and 4 door, and we dont have the correct numbers yet.
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor Untitled (1)
Except the guy who took the picture said that the seats were all the way back.

It does not matter what CGI picture of the interior looks like.

Here's a picture of the ford explorer and it looks just as cramped but in real life it's very good.

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 1595345412681

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No kidding. Did you look at the numbers.

I saw it and started a thread calculating why that number is wrong. Still no resolution

It’s identical to the 2 door. 36” sucks. The sectional shots clearly show more overall total FR legroom on the 4 door. Either

A

the 4 dr legroom on the website is understated

B

the 2 dr is overstated

C

the website is showing the average of the 2 dr and 4 door and its applied to both.

...while I’d love to believe legroom beats the wrangler benchmark there is no telling since the b pillar ceiling bar is pushed back behind the rear seats potentially compressing the seating length for structural purposes. Ford may be covering up and/or figuring out. Such as the recent news that the rear seats doesnt fold flat.
Not sure if this helps but here are some better pictures from today's thread:

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 109294290_4677685115582346_8035484983602067330_n

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 115682221_4677685875582270_6799084454508637142_n

Looks like the driver's seat is pushed all the way to the rear and still looks like plenty of leg room. I wonder how challenging it is for rear passengers to get in and out or getting a car seat into the base.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door is the heart and soul of the Bronco. The first one introduced. It will never

You should get a 2020 Escape. "More rear legroom than a Suburban" :ROFLMAO:
haha I'm spoiled with the F150.