Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, my local dealer did this to my Mustang. Took them two months to finally get it fixed right. At least they knocked a few hundred off of the extensive maintenance/repair work that I was having them do.

I should have asked for a replacement car to drive while they had it, but didn't because I have two other cars for only two drivers. It would have given them an additional incentive to hurry it up. It cost the dealer more to fix that door than I paid for the rather expensive stuff they were supposed to do. At least they told me about it rather than letting me stumble onto it myself.
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** 3C4j461
Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let the dealer perform the repair, but show up at the body shop with doughnuts. When you go to pick it up, if it isn't perfect then refuse to accept the vehicle back and call your insurance company and place a claim for "loss of value" due to the damage.

Also, take better photos of the damage with a ruler in view to show scale.
Damn in Maine you can sue your own insurance for diminished value? Thats crazy. In my state if you use your insurance there is no diminished value claim.

milojah

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn in Maine you can sue your own insurance for diminished value? Thats crazy. In my state if you use your insurance there is no diminished value claim.
I had the same thing happen, but it was in Florida, and it was a VW. The body shop told me to do exactly as I posted. I got $3k from the dealer, $2k from insurance and then VW took the vehicle back in trade for a new one.

Don't skip the doughnuts.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A decent shop should be able to match white no problem. I had a repair on a car with pearl white tricoat and the shop got the match better than factory on the plastic bumper.
How do you make it ‘better than factory’ when that’s what you’re matching. Your comment makes no sense at all.

a.smith

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you make it ‘better than factory’ when that’s what you’re matching. Your comment makes no sense at all.
:rolleyes:Painted plastic often doesn't look exactly the same as painted metal on a car. Brand new cars will often have bumpers that aren't exactly the same color as the rest of the car.

Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
“Heavy” damage? Heavy damage would be falling off a lift or t-bonong a car on a test drive. Of you consider this to be heavy, I would hate to see you after a fender bender.

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wowzer that is very frustrating. Sorry you had to experience

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep an eye out for them just touching it up. Take bets thats what they try and do?

OP
OP
Maverickxj

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alright, after reading through everyone's responses, I decided to go with the consensus and let the dealership attempt to repair the Bronco.

A month after the initial damage I dropped off the Bronco and got the F150 loaner. It had been a week and a half and I got the call to go pick it up.

Arrived and saw the Bronco parked in the lot and was eager to check it out. Immediately I notice the hue of the driver rear door being warmer than the rest of the Bronco. I dig deeper.... There are literal RUNS in the paint. lol. I don't know what else to do at this point other than laugh at the idiocy of the dealership.

Besides that, the driver door was untouched and original chips not repaired. The rear fender looks like they tried to hit it with a paint pen and the chip is still there. There's also overspray on the soft top.

Here are some pictures. I'm at a loss at this point and the options seem to be let them "fix it again" as the manager suggested or.... talk to my insurance company and see about taking it to another body shop. I told the manager that I had zero faith in their body shop and he said he can't approve repairs anywhere else.

Ford corporate was zero help and said I can call around and see if another dealer can fix it. Anyways.... feel free to chime in as we journey through this mess together.

PICS

Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** IMG_1852 Medium
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** IMG_1861 Medium
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** IMG_1855 Medium
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** IMG_1853 Medium

OP
OP
Maverickxj

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“Heavy” damage? Heavy damage would be falling off a lift or t-bonong a car on a test drive. Of you consider this to be heavy, I would hate to see you after a fender bender.
I mean ok, not HEAVY... but so far it has cost the dealership over $2000 for the repair. In my mind that's a lot of damage to adjust a hinge. lol.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good lord brother. The repaint looks like dog shit.
Frankly if it was me I'd just pay of pocket and bring to your trusted bodyshop and leave a very honest review for that dealership.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maverickxj

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good lord brother. The repaint looks like dog shit.
Frankly if it was me I'd just pay of pocket and bring to your trusted bodyshop and leave a very honest review for that dealership.
Doesn't it? I didn't realize how horrendous the match was till I looked at the pics. Seriously considering something like that. It just feels awful having only taken it in for light warranty work/recalls..

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Turn it into your insurance. pick your body shop and the insurance will go after the dealership for damages. You won’t even pay the deductible once the dealership pays your insurance.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doesn't it? I didn't realize how horrendous the match was till I looked at the pics. Seriously considering something like that. It just feels awful having only taken it in for light warranty work/recalls..
I can tell you from a Jeep perspective I never bring my Wrangler to the dealership unless it's major motor/electrical/tranny work that I am certain will covered under warranty. Otherwise I do the work myself or bring to a trusted indie Jeep shop and pay out of pocket.

OP
OP
Maverickxj

Maverickxj

Outer Banks
First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Turn it into your insurance. pick your body shop and the insurance will go after the dealership for damages. You won’t even pay the deductible once the dealership pays your insurance.
I think this is the way. And maybe a "diminished value" claim as mentioned above. Live and learn I guess.
Sponsored