Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Soooo... took the Bronco into my local dealer for recalls as well as to get the rear driver door looked at. It never closed right from day 1 and would require you to slam the door in order for it to close fully.

Left the Bronco overnight as the service advisor stated they needed more time for the door. The next morning he reached out and said it would be done that afternoon. Around 3p I was dropped off by my wife to pick it up and found it strange that the Bronco wasn't in front of the service bay where it seemed like other cars were being picked up. I also found it strange that the advisor chose not to show me the repairs or go out to the vehicle at all. Instead he said "yep no charge. warranty covered it, parked in spot A5".

I walk over and open the rear door and notice the weatherstrip is sitting cockeyed above the door. I push it back in place, fine. I attempt to close the door and the rear window doesn't do the roll down/up thing that it does normally for the frameless door so it won't close. I get in and reset the rear window by rolling it down and holding for 5 seconds and back up and holding for 5 seconds.

I then get ready to go back out to close the rear door and notice the interior B Pillar trim that gives access to the hinge bolts is hanging off. I investigate further, there's a broken clip and all of them are mangled. At this point I'm starting to get pissed.... so I take the Bronco up to the service door and grab my advisor. Show him the broken clip. He's questioning that it's actually broken and runs inside to grab a flashlight.

Here's the great part...... As he's inside I finally got a chance to step away from the vehicle as the spot they parked it in prior was super cramped with cars on either side.

That's when I notice these lovely gems.

Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** Gouge and chi
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** Hinge and chi
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** Rear rear door
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** Gouge again
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** Rear Door Chi
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** Rear Fender
Ford Bronco Ford dealer caused damage... Final update video** Gouge

Service manager comes out.... his concern somehow is if the door is closing correctly now (it's literally worse than before and the body lines are miles off). I kindly told him that the least of my worries is how the door closes... he took pics, said they will get it handled and that "for things like this" the body shop will call me to schedule it out...

At this point I was kinda in shock. Wondering how TF this happened and also what that means for repair. I don't want it blended. They'll have to repaint both doors and the fender and the jamb is my assumption.

Manager calls me back the next day while I was at work. Says on the voicemail that the body shop wants him to schedule it and for me to drop it off. I'm just weary on the whole thing at this point and haven't called back to schedule... I mean they can seriously devalue my nearly new vehicle if they haven't already.

ANY advice on moving forward is welcome.
Sponsored

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bummer, continue to document and give the body shop a chance to make it right. Those paint chips arenā€™t in easy to get ā€˜door dingā€™ zones. Iā€™d like an honest explanation from the service manager on how all this shit came to pass and if there might be some offset Ford bucks coming your way for the inconvenience.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let them fix it, its white and will match perfect. Be thankful they are not putting it on you as having that damage already. (looks like the door was off and dropped)

Move on and enjoy the Bronco.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing you can do at this point but let their body shop fix their mistake. Frustraiting I know. I had a similar issue when I first got my Bronco a year ago, but I talked directly to the General Manager of the Ford dealership and he took care of everything and I even squeezed him to agree to a full ceramic coating after the paint was fully cured. Took the bronco back a few months after paint and they kept it for the day to do the ceramic coating and she was beautiful when I got her back. šŸ»

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunate this has happened to you. I feel your rage, but that will not solve a damm thing except give you an ulcer. Let the body shop make it right. Stress to the body shop manager that this was messed up by their mechanic shop and he has an opportunity to be the hero and make it look brand new. Other than that you really donā€™t have any options. Good luck.

Sponsored

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's not "heavy damage." Heavy damage is ruining a body panel. What options do you think you have? You can let the dealership fix it or, take it to an independent body shop. This is an insurance claim, either YOUR insurance or the dealer's. The dealer would rather have their body shop fix it because they would rather write it off than make an insurance claim. If you want money from the dealer - you won't get that.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not "heavy damage." Heavy damage is ruining a body panel. What options do you think you have? You can let the dealership fix it or, take it to an independent body shop. This is an insurance claim, either YOUR insurance or the dealer's. The dealer would rather have their body shop fix it because they would rather write it off than make an insurance claim. If you want money from the dealer - you won't get that.
Dealer can fix it and it may not carfax

or you can claim it on yours and get some carfax points

itā€™s like reverse bonus points when you sell

Sponsored

a.smith

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A decent shop should be able to match white no problem. I had a repair on a car with pearl white tricoat and the shop got the match better than factory on the plastic bumper.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A decent shop should be able to match white no problem. I had a repair on a car with pearl white tricoat and the shop got the match better than factory on the plastic bumper.
Pearl white tricoat is one of the hardest colors to match and many shops hate it.
I think, the only color Iā€™ve heard them complain about more is the flat colors.

a decent shop should be able to get it close, and a decent shop should be able to tell itā€™s been repainted. Thatā€™s just how it isā€¦

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sucks but with where the damage is and the color I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make sure to check the repairs in all types of light at a few angles though. My brother had his tailgate keyed by some POS and even though it looked great in lower light and indoors out in direct sunlight the repair was obvious even though the whole tailgate was repainted(black Ram).

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I clicked on this I expected to see heavy damageā€¦ which there isnā€™t. Somebody dropped it.. Just let them make it right (which they seem to be doing?) Thems the breaks
Sponsored