Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the dealer doing this, not Ford Corporate. Big difference.
That’s why I said “local media”. The negative press would be directed at “JONES FORD”, not FMC.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s why I said “local media”. The negative press would be directed at “JONES FORD”, not FMC.
But you also said " Nothing like a big corporation suing the little guy" which would be Ford no? Doesn't really matter, I get what you are saying.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sell you my house. Would you sign a contract similar to this basically saying “if you ever decide to sell the house, you must allow me to buy it back from you at what you paid me for it”? Obviously not.

I question the enforceability of this. So, were I this customer, I’d probably sign it and then do whatever the hell I wanted with the Bronco anyway.

Knowing that I had signed this paper - I would just be aware of that if/when I decided to sell my Bronco. e.g. advertise in nearby cities rather than my local town. To try to save the hassle of a legal challenge. But if push came to shove….I’d fight it out in the courts. Making sure to keep the local media informed every step of the way.

Nothing like a big corporation suing the little guy for a good human interest story - and some negative attention for the dealership that would effect future sales.
Actually "right of first refusal" clauses are commonplace in real estate deals, that's where this idea came from. Usually they do have an expiration date tho

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So what recourse does the dealer think they can inflict? They get the vehicle back? Are they going to try and sue for the mark up? Pay lawyer fees to try and get more money? The negative publicity acquired by the dealership and Ford over this tactic being applied? BTW, how would they even know the vehicle was sold to another person? Private detectives watching your home 24/7?
I would assume, running the VIN through Carfax? But are they going to be checking up on it weekly? Monthly? LOL

I do think it's wild that it's open ended. There needs to be a time limit on that.

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sell you my house. Would you sign a contract similar to this basically saying “if you ever decide to sell the house, you must allow me to buy it back from you at what you paid me for it”? Obviously not.
If you sell me your house at 15-20% below market value and I turn around and immediately sell it for market value, would you be okay with that?

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right to/right of first refusal is simple to work around.
Nowhere does it state they dictate the selling price if/when you decide to resell.
If they want it, make it at a price that either suits you, or they will refuse.

Two can play the ADM game.

They simply state they will offer what you paid less taxes/fees.
If you want more than that, you are not obligated to sell it to them for less than your asking price.
Looks like they are implicitly refusing to pay more than what you bought it for less taxes/fees, so the letter itself is an out.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is pretty normal for Ford's "limited production" vehicles like the GT350 etc. Normally it should have a 12 month or 24 month limit on it.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"can negatively affect the value of franchises"

you mean because somebody else in the free market made a dollar?

Honestly I'm not the guy who picks the little fights, but I'd be going over every word on every contract and calling lawyers.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you sell me your house at 15-20% below market value and I turn around and immediately sell it for market value, would you be okay with that?
This is what I thought as well.

As for the dealer enforcing the contract, they may or may not be able to. My Bro in Law lives in Charlotte, and he said their is a dealer chain there that has several different brands, and they will do custom orders for MSRP and ask for this agreement. While they can't really come after you for the difference, they can and do find out that you sold the vehicle, often when someone else brings it in for service. And if that happens, they will put you on their list and you won't buy a car from them again. ;)

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I'm keeping this and there's a clear time limit, all too happy to sign this. But did I miss an expiration in this case?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than a time limit, I don't see any issue with this. There should however be a clause that they can't resell it with a mark-up should you want to sell it back and that they must pay your original purchase price with taxes. Unless you ordered it to flip it what's the problem. I'd have a Raptor parked out front if it wasn't for the $20K mark-up my dealer wanted (I did get my '21 at msrp through the same dealer).

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why wouldn't I be?

Too many people spend too much time worrying about how much money the other guy is making. It truly is one of the great ills of society today.

Obviously, I wouldn't be selling you anything unless it was at a price that I thought was fair to me. So we can assume that I got what I wanted out of the deal.

Now if it turns out that you're smarter than me or have better connections than me or whatever - and you resell the thing for double what you paid me for it...that shouldn't change my perception of the money I made.

My attitude has always been, "you can never go wrong in taking a profit". I made my money. Now go forth and do likewise, young man. Life is shorter than you think. Enjoy your lawn. Stop worrying about how big the other guy's lawn is.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am on the free market side of things. But I would sign it to get it at MSRP.

Ford keeps increasing new values anyway.

Even if you are a flipper, buy it, sit on it a year, sell it 12 months from now.

In less than a year Ford increased MSRP on the Bronco Raptor almost $8,000.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another scum dealer move. Wow. Isn’t a car dealer a flipper? I can sell whatever I want when I want for any amount. Just a new dealer tactic to make money. Only reason people flip is because dealers started with the ADM driving up prices.
THIS!

absolutely why I support the dealers being able to sell it for whatever they can too. They waited longer than anyone here to get the vehicle !
Sponsored