Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am fine with what the dealer is doing for the most part, but would negotiate a time limit to the right of first refusal. Say 1 year maybe. If we could agree on the length of time for the right of first refusal, I would sign and save the $20k. If the guy who posted the info doesn't, he was probably gonna flip it anyways.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So charging you a extra 20k won’t negatively impact the value of Ford. Per Ford. But if you try and sell it, now it’s a issue?

Sounds like someone trying to strong arm the market. Ford definitely hitting some new lows this year.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another scum dealer move. Wow. Isn’t a car dealer a flipper? I can sell whatever I want when I want for any amount. Just a new dealer tactic to make money. Only reason people flip is because dealers started with the ADM driving up prices.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not new and has been mentioned here before. Don't agree with it but if you are not a flipper and there is a time limit of no more than a year, shouldn't really be much of an issue.

This is a dealer thing and not Ford directly. I suppose their hands are tied from stopping this to some extent due to dealer agreements and such.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I signed a similar contract from Woodhouse Ford when I purchased my Badlands at MSRP. The contract stated that I had to give Woodhouse right to first refusal if I wanted to sell the Bronco in my first year of ownership.

My wife, who was very tired of me buying and selling cars every other month, offered to make that a blood oath contract.

I love my Bronco, so it wasn’t an issue for me to sign.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm OK with the manufacturers and dealers going after flippers - too many people are placing orders for hot new vehicles that they have no intention to actually drive and instead are just hoping to make a quick buck when it comes in. Heck, I wonder how many people here still don't have their Bronco that they'll keep vs how many flippers already flipped one or more.

That being said, I would add 2 terms to the contract: first, a time limit, preferably a year. Second, a clause that states the dealer ship must meet any trade in value plus taxes - basically saying if I get fed up with the wipers not working or a software update every other day and deiced to trade in on something else, they must meet the deal the other dealership is giving me.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I signed a similar contract from Woodhouse Ford when I purchased my Badlands at MSRP. The contract stated that I had to give Woodhouse right to first refusal if I wanted to sell the Bronco in my first year of ownership.

My wife, who was very tired of me buying and selling cars every other month, offered to make that a blood oath contract.

I love my Bronco, so it wasn’t an issue for me to sign.
I signed something when I bought mine up here in Canada that I wouldnt sell it outside the country for 6 months (12 maybe?)

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Surprisingly it's fair. Usually, I am against any control limiting what I can do with my property, but in this case, it makes sense. The unfortunate truth is that right now, MSRP is below market value. Someone will pay $20k+ over sticker for that, so if the dealer is willing to be fair and sell it at MSRP to an enthusiast, that person should also agree they will not flip it and take what the dealer could have gotten anyways.

As mentioned, it should have a time limit and not be open-ended.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would have 0 issues with signing one on my Wildtrak, let alone that Raptor, especially if I am getting a Raptor at MSRP.

I wouldn't be flipping it so it isn't an issue. But I would 100% make sure there is a concrete length of term, as others have said,

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sell you my house. Would you sign a contract similar to this basically saying “if you ever decide to sell the house, you must allow me to buy it back from you at what you paid me for it”? Obviously not.

I question the enforceability of this. So, were I this customer, I’d probably sign it and then do whatever the hell I wanted with the Bronco anyway.

Knowing that I had signed this paper - I would just be aware of that if/when I decided to sell my Bronco. e.g. advertise in nearby cities rather than my local town. To try to save the hassle of a legal challenge. But if push came to shove….I’d fight it out in the courts. Making sure to keep the local media informed every step of the way.

Nothing like a big corporation suing the little guy for a good human interest story - and some negative attention for the dealership that would effect future sales.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing like a big corporation suing the little guy for a good human interest story - and some negative attention for the dealership that would effect future sales.
This is the dealer doing this, not Ford Corporate. Big difference.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what recourse does the dealer think they can inflict? They get the vehicle back? Are they going to try and sue for the mark up? Pay lawyer fees to try and get more money? The negative publicity acquired by the dealership and Ford over this tactic being applied? BTW, how would they even know the vehicle was sold to another person? Private detectives watching your home 24/7?
Sponsored