Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is bs and to anyone being ok with this agreement you are what’s wrong with America.
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a 1 year deal is fair as long as they aren't selling it over MSRP in today's market. Dealerships get a lot of grief for ADMs, but then see buyers flipping them for large amounts which equals lost revenue. So I think this is a good thing for most in the long run. Keeps flippers in check and allows more people to buy a Bronco at a more affordable price.

You can't be against this and against ADMs. Can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a dealer thing and not Ford directly.
Exactly.

If this gets me/someone a vehicle I/they want for no ADM, which it seems it does, I'm all for it.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly, so where is the lose in this equation.
If you decide after 3 months or 6 months or whatever that you don't like it and you want to sell it and it's still worth $20k more than you paid, you're committed to selling it back to the dealership at MSRP so they can make the $20k instead of you.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

zrockin

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Midnight
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am fine with what the dealer is doing for the most part, but would negotiate a time limit to the right of first refusal. Say 1 year maybe. If we could agree on the length of time for the right of first refusal, I would sign and save the $20k. If the guy who posted the info doesn't, he was probably gonna flip it anyways.
Ford has this type of agreement with purchasers of the Ford GT, but it's for at least a 2 year period. There was a lawsuit a few years back with an auction house over this.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right to/right of first refusal is simple to work around.
Nowhere does it state they dictate the selling price if/when you decide to resell.
If they want it, make it at a price that either suits you, or they will refuse.

Two can play the ADM game.

They simply state they will offer what you paid less taxes/fees.
If you want more than that, you are not obligated to sell it to them for less than your asking price.
Looks like they are implicitly refusing to pay more than what you bought it for less taxes/fees, so the letter itself is an out.
lol exactly what I was thinking, offer them first dibs at a ridiculous price. Then tell them to kick rocks.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This place is full of barracks lawyers.

302bronc

Raptor
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BRAVO TO SEWELL...........If the Dealer is willing to sell you a vehicle for 20K below what the market demands... why should the Buyer be able to turn around and sell the vehicle and capture that 20K for themselves? I don't understand why it requires so much thought.............sign the form or pay the 20K.....................either way, something will happen that has never happened to you before...............this time next month you will have ZERO dollars in negative equity..........weather you pay 85 or 105.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnt have to sign anything like this. I can flip mine tomorrow if I wanted. But I love big blue. Picked it up from the dealer 3 weeks ago.

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the same thing when I was on the list to buy a Lightning. The only thing they need to add is a timeframe. If this helps keep the flippers away I am ok with it.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bought my WT from Sewell, after 925 days. They honored the 2021 pricing, without even having to discuss it. They are a pretty stand up organization from my perspective. We all know the market value, they are choosing this over gouging us with an ADM, I say good on them. I would not accept an open ended agreement, but let’s be honest, after year this used raptor won’t be worth more than he’s buying it for anyway.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inter-party contracts generally have few limits (like signing yourself into slavery isn't allowed... generally), so you can freely sign away your right to sell your vehicle to who you bought it from, or even someone else, and you'd have to prove to a judge there was something wrong with the contract formation and not the contract stipulations (for instance, they literally held a gun to your head, and there's witnesses). In Texas at least, a handshake is an unbreakable contract. 🤠

Strong due process aside, I think generally in the hot seller's market some stipulations to cool it off are better than hell-you-say style "free markets". I would never (willingly) sign away all my rights to sell it in the future, and would try to have a lawyer at least review it first (if I was dead-set).

On the Chevy Corvette side, denying the next owner rights to a warranty is bizarre. I guess another way to go would be a (secret) credit-like score where all dealers refused to sell to you if you flipped it (software can be made that figures this out) and they could slow-walk any sales to those people to deter irrational second-party sales. Then you'd have straw buyers...

In other words, pick your poison. Generally most of it's legal unless you got well-connected lawyers and a budget to wear the dealer down.

On the other hand, STOP PAYING STUPID PRICES FOR STUFF.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A year ago I bought my Badlands SAS at sticker and no more. I wasn’t required to sign anything, nor would I have, even though I have no intention of selling it anytime soon. (I kept my last jeep 10 years). Some dealers like mine - Koch 33 Ford in Easton PA - do the right thing by their customers. I guess this one, and based on the comments, many others, do not.
I don’t know if the enforceability of this or not. I’m guessing probably not so much. But who needs the headache. I would find another dealer. Besides what happens if you get this Bronco and decide that you want to upgrade or change the color or even I don’t like it after a month or two. I wouldn’t want to be restricted in my ability to buy and sell. This is America dammit - get your feet off my freedom.
Sponsored