Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t wait until we all finally unite and kill the dealership model.

Be careful who you vote for. It’s the topics like this that seem little, that actually make all the difference in your day to day lives.…..

WAKE UP AMERICA!
Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes you are correct, my reasoning was to point out that FORD has these requirements on specialty vehicles.
Ford has it for the GT. Ford doesn't have it for any other vehicle. That was really my point. This is a garbage dealer trying to scam a customer

Peaches

Heritage
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Another scum dealer move. Wow. Isn’t a car dealer a flipper? I can sell whatever I want when I want for any amount. Just a new dealer tactic to make money. Only reason people flip is because dealers started with the ADM driving up prices.
You are exactly right, Dealers just don’t want the little guys to gain anything.

Peaches

Heritage
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Actually "right of first refusal" clauses are commonplace in real estate deals, that's where this idea came from. Usually they do have an expiration date tho
You must be that crooked realtor that my Grandpa warned me about.

Peaches

Heritage
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Last time I checked this is AMERICA not commie china. Free market baby!!!

GOD BLESS THE USA!!

Sponsored

Peaches

Heritage
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So dealers should be allowed to charge ADM's then?
What do you mean allowed? This is a free market if you don’t want to pay what they are asking then you find another one or you can negotiate the price. Nothing is set in stone, people have forgotten that these days and think you have to just pay what someone is asking.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So dealers should be allowed to charge ADM's then?
Absolutely. They’re not overcharging you for milk, food or heat for your house. It’s a luxury item. Not a necessity. If you decide you want it, then pay what the market will bear. Otherwise you’re free to find another dealer, wait until the markups are over, or just don’t buy it.

by the way, I’m not the guy to pay over sticker. Philosophically it doesn’t sit well with me. But there are plenty of people who want a Bronco bad enough, right now - and if they’re willing to pay for that privilege then so be it. If it’s worth it to the customer, and the dealer seizes that opportunity, more power to them both. In my case, I waited till I found a dealer that charged MSRP.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If this gets me/someone a vehicle I/they want for no ADM, which it seems it does, I'm all for it.
In looking at this more carefully, I am modifying my 2 cents above.

This WOULD be OK with me as part of an initial price/no ADM commitment agreement. It is much slimier when imposed as a surprise requirement upon deal closing. That said I doubt the buyer had an inked deal at a specified price, as the dealer couldn't legally add these additional requirements.

Do I like this approach, definitely not, would I personally agree to it to get a hot vehicle with no ADM, yes.

Lastly, I too also doubt it is enforceable and probably would not even be attempted to be enforced.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This decade will probably (probably not) be the end of the Dealership model and we will go to sales direct to consumer (or not). I cannot be any more ambivalent.
The bicycle industry is moving to the direct sales model. Not entirely analogous, but similar.

I think that dealers have quite a bit of power and protection in the law, unfortunately...

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So charging you a extra 20k won’t negatively impact the value of Ford. Per Ford. But if you try and sell it, now it’s a issue?

Sounds like someone trying to strong arm the market. Ford DEALERS definitely hitting some new lows this year.
Fixed that for you.

First Name
Jaybird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Ford dealer also tried to pull this on me when I picked up my Bronco (after waiting two years). I told them that was never part of the deal and laughed in their faces. I told them I would not sign it and dared them to make an issue of it. And you know what? They backed down.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford has for years done this with the Ford GT. 3 yr minimum of ownership before you can sell.
That program is way way different than what we have with the Bronco and is 100% controlled by Ford not the dealers.
Sponsored