Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would of been fine doing this if it was required as part of the COVP, but Ford would never do that so again the dealers are the issue so your back to find different dealer to work with and hope they don't deny you some lube.
Sponsored

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That agreement is poorly written. I doubt it's enforceable, and even if it was, I don't think Sewell would want it to be enforced as written.

1. Sentences 3/4 of paragraph 2 are contradictory. Sewell states they will buy back at the selling price and also states they may offer you less than the selling price. Which one is it?
2. Paragraph 3 may be Ford's policy with the dealership, but it hardly has anything to do with a third-party buyer entering into an arms length transaction. As we've been reminded multiple times during the ordering process, your agreement is with the dealership, not Ford.

Also, if you read the linked article, the dealer either made the guy sign or they're going to charge him an additional $20k, or lose the order. So the whole thing feels scummy to me. Only slightly less than charging an add on fee.

Last edited:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dealers are such garbage

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That agreement is poorly written. I doubt it's enforceable, and even if it was, I don't think Sewell would want it to be enforced as written.

1. Sentences 3/4 of paragraph 2 are contradictory. Sewell states they will buy back at the selling price and also states they may offer you less than the selling price. Which one is it?
2. Paragraph 3 may be Ford's policy with the dealership, but it hardly has anything to do with a third-party buyer entering into an arms length transaction. As we've been reminded multiple times during the ordering process, your agreement is with the dealership, not Ford.

Also, if you read the linked article, the dealer either made the guy sign or their going to charge him an additional $20k, or lose the order. So the whole thing feels scummy to me. Only slightly less than charging an add on fee.
smells like extortion to me.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford has for years done this with the Ford GT. 3 yr minimum of ownership before you can sell.

Sponsored

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Common practice for A-plan buyers. Cannot sell until after six months from purchase date.

BroncoMTB

Raptor
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The hottest car on the market right now is the Z06. Chevy has told all customers >> if you flip it in the 1st 6-months, we will void the warranty.
Good luck enforcing that GM. Courts do not generally support these type of clauses unless included in the overall warranty contract language. As an addendum GM would struggle legally enforcing this.

That saidā€¦ who want to go to court vs. GM. Theyā€™ll drag it out and drown you in legal fees.

Kseannau

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just remember for the most part, dealers only have power that you give them.

They know you're scared of losing that allocation because they're hard to get, but that's your order. Assuming it's an order and they know that Ford is pissed about this and they know that we are pissed about this and they should know if they pull this crap but they're going to lose customers and you need to make sure they understand that in the calm rational tone

Hey mister such and such dealer this is my order. I put it in at such and such time. This was not part of the agreement and if I don't get my vehicle at MSRP I'm not only going to go to Ford and let them know what you're doing. I'm also going to go to every bronco forum and Ford forum there is and let them know what you're doing as well as all my friends and family and you will never see another dime from us ever again.

Also knowledge is power. Make sure you're reading up on how price protection works because I've heard of people getting screwed on that and the dealers get reimbursed for the price protection so they're just double dip in if you're not getting your price protection.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford has for years done this with the Ford GT. 3 yr minimum of ownership before you can sell.
Not this. A person has to apply to purchase a GT and the application process is extensive. All the conditions are explained up front and must be met by the applicant.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not this. A person has to apply to purchase a GT and the application process is extensive. All the conditions are explained up front and must be met by the applicant.
Yes you are correct, my reasoning was to point out that FORD has these requirements on specialty vehicles.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screw that. After you buy an item, itā€™s yours.
Agree. It's not a lease and he's paying MSRP.

Imagine the argument, after ownership has been transferred, that the buyer paid the asking MSRP but somehow the dealer has some other magical market value adjustment that they can collect upon their determination ...

Last edited:

BroncoMTB

Raptor
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All I read is ā€˜donā€™t do what we want to doā€™
Since theyā€™re not making enough money, you canā€™t make any.

Also, if itā€™s ā€˜Fordā€™s policyā€™, why is it on Sewell letterhead?

Ultimately unless you plan on reselling the vehicle it shouldnā€™t be a huge worry. Theyā€™re likely doing this to discourage resellers.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There a Laws against Ticket Scalpers in most places. This seems in line with that. Not trying to cause any hate here, and certainly not on this Dealers side. The problem, as I see it, was started by Dealers charging ADM. I guarantee you that if you find a Dealer charging ADM on a Bronco or GT350 and you type up a similar contract for them to sign and sell to you at MSRP they will laugh you out of the Dealership.
This decade will probably (probably not) be the end of the Dealership model and we will go to sales direct to consumer (or not). I cannot be any more ambivalent.
Sponsored