Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had to share my first world problem.

Ford picked me to have the option to convert my Wildtrak to a Raptor and my dealership is taking advantage of me. This is the true problem.

My dealer promised me a Bronco, any model at MSRP 18 months ago.
Raptor didn’t exist and wasn’t available 18 months ago, your dealer is still honoring the MSRP agreement for the Wildtrack, I don’t think you’ve got any legal standing here. Just my take on your situation. Sorry it’s not working out the way you want it too.
Sponsored

michaelyager

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel for those who are charged an ADM but most of the people here would never have paid MSRP for any new vehicle 18 months ago. Most people went to the dealership and demanded rebates, financing offers and discounts because fair market value was below MSRP. Now that fair market value is over MSRP, you think the dealership is stealing from you and they have no values. Have you even thought that the dealership might be struggling just to stay in business. Even high volume dealerships are struggling for inventory and I feel for some of those that are not high volume and only getting 20-50 allocations per month. It is not just about you.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are a early reservation holder/hand raiser, then you should be getting price protection, ie MSRP. My dealer flat out told me Ford is watching them and they can't put ADM on my order. They did tell me they are putting $30k ADM on their non-GT allocation of BRap
I have seen in writing from Ford that the price of the Raptor is between the buyer and the dealer. And I have heard but have never seen in writing that Ford is mandating the GT Raptors are to be sold only at MSRP. Is it in writing somewhere?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have seen in writing from Ford that the price of the Raptor is between the buyer and the dealer. And I have heard but have never seen in writing that Ford is mandating the GT Raptors are to be sold only at MSRP. Is it in writing somewhere?
Yes, it is in the MSRP that they gave me after telling me that they have to sell GT BRaps at MSRP. I believe it when people say dealers are tacking on ADM. I can only speak to my deal and nobody's elses

Sponsored

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford picked me to have the option to convert my Wildtrak to a Raptor and my dealership is taking advantage of me. This is the true problem.

My dealer promised me a Bronco, any model at MSRP 18 months ago. Now @Ford Motor Company gave me the option to upgrade my Wildtrak to Raptor for a MSRP increase of $18k and now my greedy Ford Dealer wants $25k on top of MSRP. This is Bait and Switch at the Corporate level. At least my Father-in-law who has 33 years on law enforcement thinks. I have already made one complaint to @Ford Motor Company Bronco line because the dealer was not following up with my emails to get the paperwork, they gave me a deadline of 13th and sent me the paper work yesterday. But wait, they used the wrong email address. Seems the last 18 months of email correspondence was a fantasy and magically my email has changed in there system. This is classic used car salesmanship.
Ford Bronco Hotline is closed today, now what? I can sign and deal with it in the future. I can not sign and stick to my Wildtrak order and wait another year for delivery.

Edited:
1647207912135.png

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m sorry bro…. I too had a problem…You’re dad’s right…. Could be the reason for Ford E online buying

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, it is in the MSRP that they gave me after telling me that they have to sell GT BRaps at MSRP. I believe it when people say dealers are tacking on ADM. I can only speak to my deal and nobody's elses
Can you post the document? And are you referring to a dealer commitment or a Ford company document?

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford really dropped the ball on this one by essentially screwing over their reservation holders. They initially allowed Golden Ticket holders the right to switch dealers, basically protecting the consumer. They later changed their mind giving dealers the ability to screw over their reservation holders. If you have anything in writing from the dealer from months ago that shows they will sell you at MSRP(any Bronco) , you have a legal case. If not, I’d call them and tell them you are most likely going to proceed with original order. (The dealer will end up losing a little money). Then call Ford and file a complaint. You have until the 28th to finalize and maybe Ford will straighten out this mess they caused By then. On another note, it seems most GT holders are paying MSRP for the Raptor.

Bronco2025

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford really dropped the ball on this one by essentially screwing over their reservation holders. They initially allowed Golden Ticket holders the right to switch dealers, basically protecting the consumer. They later changed their mind giving dealers the ability to screw over their reservation holders. If you have anything in writing from the dealer from months ago that shows they will sell you at MSRP(any Bronco) , you have a legal case. If not, I’d call them and tell them you are most likely going to proceed with original order. (The dealer will end up losing a little money). Then call Ford and file a complaint. You have until the 28th to finalize and maybe Ford will straighten out this mess they caused By then. On another note, it seems most GT holders are paying MSRP for the Raptor.
I have an email stating MSRP on my original order and an email stating MSRP on my GT Raptor. But then the GSM intervened and added $25k after the fact. I don't think an email will suffice for a legal case to claim MSRP "damages" in a legal suit. But happy for someone to prove me otherwise.

Sponsored

Crue68

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are a early reservation holder/hand raiser, then you should be getting price protection, ie MSRP. My dealer flat out told me Ford is watching them and they can't put ADM on my order. They did tell me they are putting $30k ADM on their non-GT allocation of BRap

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just got screwed royally by Ford of Upland. They strung me along for weeks now after multiple trips to the dealership, emails and phone calls where they would never give me a straight answer regarding MSRP. It was always "shouldn't be a problem" or "95% chance it will be but I'm not 100% on it". Then today I get the call that it will be $25k over. I'm livid at them. I have already called Ford with no help. They said it's a dealer issue. I have never been so bait and switched in my life. I wrote a letter to the dealership cust service manager to see if I can get anywhere.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer promised me a Bronco, any model at MSRP 18 months ago. Now @Ford Motor Company gave me the option to upgrade my Wildtrak to Raptor for a MSRP increase of $18k and now my greedy Ford Dealer wants $25k on top of MSRP. This is Bait and Switch at the Corporate level. At least my Father-in-law who has 33 years on law enforcement thinks. I have already made one complaint to @Ford Motor Company Bronco line because the dealer was not following up with my emails to get the paperwork, they gave me a deadline of 13th and sent me the paper work yesterday. But wait, they used the wrong email address. Seems the last 18 months of email correspondence was a fantasy and magically my email has changed in there system. This is classic used car salesmanship.
Ford Bronco Hotline is closed today, now what? I can sign and deal with it in the future. I can not sign and stick to my Wildtrak order and wait another year for delivery.

Edit #2:
This is starting to smell like a classic Bait and Switch at the Corporate level. Ford is offering a Bronco at below market prices(MSRP) that no one can get. Then sending out a GT email to get a different Bronco at Market prices and you will get it a year earlier.
This seems like a good definition of Bait and Switch, I wonder what my DA would say about this? I wonder if this is a possible class action, all those people who walked away because of excessive ADM and are still waiting for there Bronco.

1647207912135.png
What does your relative being a cop for 33 years have to do with anything? This is a dealership level issue, not corporate.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have to wonder if the entire GT thing was simply to lure people away from their original orders. Almost seems like a corporate bait and switch. Waiting for a very experienced lawyer to be one of the screwed with GT holders. I cannot believe a corporation can interact with individual customers as they have and then wash their hands as if they had no idea.
I'm personally at the point where I really could care less about Bronco, Raptor or whatever. Ford has a problem and I don't think it's all just accidental anymore.

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After many years racing a Ford Bronco, I'm pretty well connected with Ford and the Ford Bronco community. I told my dealership that. I know what buttons to push to let the public know what's going on as well. I also heard that the Ford CEO recently warned dealers not to rape their customers like this. It's not fair to be strung along until no changes can be made, then switch to +25k. We'll see how all this plays out.
Sponsored