First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have to wonder if the entire GT thing was simply to lure people away from their original orders. Almost seems like a corporate bait and switch. Waiting for a very experienced lawyer to be one of the screwed with GT holders. I cannot believe a corporation can interact with individual customers as they have and then wash their hands as if they had no idea.
I'm personally at the point where I really could care less about Bronco, Raptor or whatever. Ford has a problem and I don't think it's all just accidental anymore.
This is exactly why they did the hand raiser thing. Convert early reservation holders and free up their regular bronco builds for others who are waiting. The benefit of raising a hand and ordering a BRap was supposed to be no ADM. Mine worked out this way. Others aren’t as lucky.
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are a early reservation holder/hand raiser, then you should be getting price protection, ie MSRP. My dealer flat out told me Ford is watching them and they can't put ADM on my order. They did tell me they are putting $30k ADM on their non-GT allocation of BRap
ford already said there no price protection { 2021 MSRP ] for Raptors or Everglades plus price protection is For 2021 MSRP dont mean dealer can't add ADM to it .

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ford already said there no price protection { 2021 MSRP ] for Raptors or Everglades plus price protection is For 2021 MSRP dont mean dealer can't add ADM to it .
There can’t be price protection for the Raptor or Everglades because there isn’t a previous MSRP that’s increasing

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There can’t be price protection for the Raptor or Everglades because there isn’t a previous MSRP that’s increasing
thats what said , I was not the one who said the was price protection on them . Ford going suck as much money out of people they can for them and I think Ford is taking there time to build people with reservations orders because of the price protection

BradenOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler, 21 Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These dealers Will do anything to make an extra dollar

A good friend of ours had a two-door base on order already she decided she didn't want it so she agreed to sell it to us as soon as it came in . Yes we were going to spend a little extra because of Tax but no ADM and no wait.

The dealer keeps telling her that it hasn't showed up yet and she may have to re-order because of all the delays and it was a 21

but when I finally took the Vin number and had it searched at the dealer showed that they actually sold it three months ago and we're just jacking her around hoping she forgot because they had heard that she was just going to sell it to us

Sponsored

Deleted member 31057

These dealers Will do anything to make an extra dollar

A good friend of ours had a two-door base on order already she decided she didn't want it so she agreed to sell it to us as soon as it came in . Yes we were going to spend a little extra because of Tax but no ADM and no wait.

The dealer keeps telling her that it hasn't showed up yet and she may have to re-order because of all the delays and it was a 21

but when I finally took the Vin number and had it searched at the dealer showed that they actually sold it three months ago and we're just jacking her around hoping she forgot because they had heard that she was just going to sell it to us
That sounds like something they would do in Morgantown not Wheeling....Haha!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Technically it isn’t fords fault, it’s the dealer. Ford as well as other manufactures will be rid of dealerships within 5 years. This pandemic paved the way for them to do it. It’s shit like this which will make it easier to do. It sucks for the dealers that are doing the right thing but oh well. Ps if anyone things the savings of cutting the middle man dealership out will lower the price of vehicles your wrong.

Sitdown

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 23 Raptor, 21 MachE GTPE, 86 SVO, 65FB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the same boat here with my day 1 Reservation, $15k ADM for bRaptor or $5k ADM to go back to Wildtrack. Wish we had more official clarity on the hand raiser allocation & who retains possession/rights to use. Best semi-official info from a regional FORD rep is that the dealership essentially hit the lottery when we got selected. That additional raptor allocation stays with them no matter what:

*If we walk... they keep it
*If we transfer our initial non-raptor reservation... they still keep the raptor allocation

Sad to learn as I would have preferred to torch my Res/allocation altogether than let them keep it and make $15k...Sadly that's not even an option

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
While I agree this is a shitty thing for any dealership to do we all must remember a few things:

1. MSRP is what the manufacturer suggests the vehicle should sell for. The final transaction price is between the dealer and the customer. Once the vehicle hits the dealership the manufacturer no longer has any control over the final selling price, other than rebates and incentives. That is how the system has worked forever. I don’t recall anyone refusing market value discounts and insisting on paying MSRP. I assume most of us have purchased vehicles at heavily reduced prices.

2. The Bronco is a luxury item. It is not a necessity in any way. Therefore the dealer can sell them for whatever the market will bear. I feel this will prove to be shortsighted and could possibly hasten the push to eliminate the current car dealer model in general. Perhaps Ford and others understand this and are letting it happen so they can eventually implement consumer direct sales. Cutting out the middle man and keeping the dealer markup would certainly work in their favor.

3. Most importantly, life’s not fair. It never has been and never will be. If you don’t like the price don’t buy the vehicle. As long as people pay the ADM the dealers will keep adding it.

For those of you going through this crap and potentially not getting the vehicle you have been waiting for, I truly hope things work out in your favor.
For those of us that were lucky enough to have been able to purchase a Bronco at MSRP, at least that shows there are still reputable dealers out there that understand the long game.

And for those that say Ford should be ashamed of themselves for not being able to bring a desirable vehicle to market in a reasonable time and in adequate quantity, I say “give them a break, they’ve only been doing this for well over 100 years! It takes time to work out the bugs.”

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After many years racing a Ford Bronco, I'm pretty well connected with Ford and the Ford Bronco community. I told my dealership that. I know what buttons to push to let the public know what's going on as well. I also heard that the Ford CEO recently warned dealers not to rape their customers like this. It's not fair to be strung along until no changes can be made, then switch to +25k. We'll see how all this plays out.
Yea, Ford CEO warned against ADM publicly. That said, that was all talk for the media. It's obvious that Ford is not taking dealer to task for 25K mark ups on the Raptor, or even mark ups on the regular Bronco. Sad people waiting Since July 14th, with an agreement for MSRP, have it come in 1 year and 7 or 8 months later to find out they will pay 10K over the agreement or they do not get it. Ford will not step in. They just keep telling the media they are punishing dealers for this. We know they are not.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where I am from "law enforcement" and the "DA" would have nothing to do with it. It's all civil. Get a lawyer....waste your money.

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
where I am from "law enforcement" and the "DA" would have nothing to do with it. It's all civil. Get a lawyer....waste your money.
lol jokingly told my friends, lets make sure they get proper enforcement of all traffic laws coming in and out of the dealership. You are totally right in this is civil, but doesn't stop a guy from working harder to enforce the laws. All things said, i eventually agreed to a 10k ADM, the sales manager is a retired state trooper, cut me some slack once i identified myself.

silent700

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 LTD Country Squire
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the same boat here with my day 1 Reservation, $15k ADM for bRaptor or $5k ADM to go back to Wildtrack. Wish we had more official clarity on the hand raiser allocation & who retains possession/rights to use.
Would you mind sending me a PM with your dealer's name? I got a call from mine today, saying that "the Ford guy" was there and I was "first on the list" (unlikely since I have a relatively late reservation) to be able to upgrade my Wildtrak order to a Raptor, but they needed an answer because the guy wants to go home.... 🤔

I went to Ford's site and priced out a Raptor...about $13K up from my current WT order, but maybe I can do this...called the dealer back, pushed him on ADM and they admitted (points for honesty I guess) that there would be a $15K upcharge on any Raptor order. I waffled a bit and took a pass. I don't think I'll regret it but there's always a "what if."

One thing they couldn't tell me is how switching would affect my order time. My spec is already full of constraints and I will probably get pushed to a '23, but they had conflicting stories...."hopefully by the end of this year but maybe next year" vs "if you get your build tomorrow, it will be a Raptor." I guess that "if" is doing a lot of work there.

As you said, I suspect the dealerships are anxious to get these conversions, because it means another Raptor allocation, and one they can potentially yank from a res holder and put on the lot for $150K.
Sponsored