Sponsored

Ford Extended Warranty - Zeigler v. Flood?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So $1570 for 8yrs/100 thou w/$200 deduct a good price?
I would say go lower on the deductible. After 2 visits at $200 you are at the same price as the $50. On the good side you can modify your plan up until the 3/36 warranty expires. If I start racking up a bunch of miles I’d upgrade to 125K or 150K. Here is what I posted in the other thread:

Doing some quick math, the $50 deductible is where I land. Here are the prices for the 8 year 100K plans from Flood. 8/100 is the sweet spot for me, the 125K plan price jumps $700 on the $50 deductible plan. These prices do not include the LED or key coverage.

$0 Deductible $2060,
$50 Deductible $1755, $1855 after 2 visits, $2055 after 6 visits
$100 Deductible $1605, $1805 after 2 visits, $2205 after 6 visits
$200 Deductible $1470, $1870 after 2 visits, $2670 after 6 visits

I’m paying a little more up front for the $50 deductible gambling that I’ll have more than two but less than seven warranty visits from 36K to 100K miles. I’m also gambling that I’ll have more than $1855 worth of covered repairs, but in today’s world the radio screen or safety system could potentially cost that much.

I ended up buying first day rental for the extra $50. It may be $50 wasted because most of the time I wouldn’t need a rental. I purchased it because I want to be covered if we take a trip and something happens.

For anyone buying, absolutely get the additional lighting coverage for $70. The LED headlights and other LED’s aren’t covered by the standard warranty, and they are expensive.
Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what’s the thought on 3rd party warranties? I work for a certain large commercial insurance company that also sells many F&I products at dealerships including extended warranties. I can get at cost so for example on an 8 year 100k mile plan I can get for 39% below Flood’s price. Only downside I see is $15k limit on my company’s for the life of vehicle versus a limit of the value of vehicle per visit (big difference) of Fords.
I've only had one third-party warranty and the experience was less than spectacular. I will only buy a Ford ESP on the Bronco.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed my order with Flood last night. Got the big one (8 years, 150k mi) plus all the upgrades for rentals, lights, and keys. Caught it before it went up. Peace of mind.

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you all getting the key coverage? Seems unnecessary but I could be missing something.

OP
OP
TX-Hans

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you all getting the key coverage? Seems unnecessary but I could be missing something.
I ended up getting it. Normally, that's something I would not buy but I figured for $80 to cover it for 8 years...$10 per year...makes sense given the $350-$400 cost of replacing a damaged or lost key FOB with an OEM FOB.

Others on the board have recommended the exterior/interior light coverage for $50 for 8 years and that makes sense given the high cost of LED replacements. But, I'm not sure how often LEDs burn out. Also, I'm not sure but do not think the factory 3yr/36k miles warranty covers the LED lights (absent some defect) as it sees those like brakes...wear and tear item...but this extended coverage option would cover you from day one. You would want to verify that last part.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did. Replacement keys that need to be cut are $100 and can be programmed yourself if you have two (go buy and program a third key now!), but on a trip I wouldn’t have it with me.

E_Cups

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife's Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can anyone provide any insight on how to research these extended warranty costs? I'm expecting delivery in the next week and definitely want to purchase something, just need some direction. Thank you

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Flood has pricing on their website. Consider how many miles per year you will drive. Earlier in the thread I posted about the comparisons between time and mileage, the really long terms don't seem to pay off.

I gave my dealer the opportunity to match Flood, they got within $50, so I gave them the business.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone provide any insight on how to research these extended warranty costs? I'm expecting delivery in the next week and definitely want to purchase something, just need some direction. Thank you
No need to stress. You can purchase anytime within the first year/12K miles for the same price, from years 1-3/36K miles for $100 more. The price may increase a little over time, but nothing radical.

I priced Flood Ford, Ziegler, Grainger, and maybe one more online. $50 deductible is my sweet spot and I recommend LED and key add ons. First day rental is a good idea if it’s your only vehicle.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly.... Your Bronco is covered under factory warranty for some time. ESP do not provide anything extra. For the insignificant price hike, get your Bronco, make sure it's not a problematic lemon, and buy your ESP 6-12 months from now.

Most issue are being discovered in the first 5,000 miles ... Maybe a tad more.

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No Bronco yet. I have a 2016 Rubicon that I purchased a lifetime Mopar warranty for around $3k and it has already paid for itself. We do a lot of driving and already have more than 150k miles. So I would be more interested in higher mile coverage than years but it seems no one offers lifetime anymore. I've taken it in 3 times for warranty work and one of the times they basically rebuilt the entire engine. We go from Texas to Colorado 2 times a year and adds to our mileage that is about 25k per year. So will have to figure all that out if I ever get my Braptor (now converted to a 2023)

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the coupon “paidinfull” on Ziegler and got $250 off. Ziegler’s pricing on first day rental was also marginally less.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would say go lower on the deductible. After 2 visits at $200 you are at the same price as the $50. On the good side you can modify your plan up until the 3/36 warranty expires. If I start racking up a bunch of miles I’d upgrade to 125K or 150K. Here is what I posted in the other thread:

Doing some quick math, the $50 deductible is where I land. Here are the prices for the 8 year 100K plans from Flood. 8/100 is the sweet spot for me, the 125K plan price jumps $700 on the $50 deductible plan. These prices do not include the LED or key coverage.

$0 Deductible $2060,
$50 Deductible $1755, $1855 after 2 visits, $2055 after 6 visits
$100 Deductible $1605, $1805 after 2 visits, $2205 after 6 visits
$200 Deductible $1470, $1870 after 2 visits, $2670 after 6 visits

I’m paying a little more up front for the $50 deductible gambling that I’ll have more than two but less than seven warranty visits from 36K to 100K miles. I’m also gambling that I’ll have more than $1855 worth of covered repairs, but in today’s world the radio screen or safety system could potentially cost that much.

I ended up buying first day rental for the extra $50. It may be $50 wasted because most of the time I wouldn’t need a rental. I purchased it because I want to be covered if we take a trip and something happens.

For anyone buying, absolutely get the additional lighting coverage for $70. The LED headlights and other LED’s aren’t covered by the standard warranty, and they are expensive.
Is the Light Coverage, just for the bulbs? Or for the whole light housing - for example if they start to fog up.
I thought LEDs were supposed to last tens of thousands of hours - which has me asking, why should I have a service plan of bulbs that are only around $100 and last 30,000 hours

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the Light Coverage, just for the bulbs? Or for the whole light housing - for example if they start to fog up.
I thought LEDs were supposed to last tens of thousands of hours - which has me asking, why should I have a service plan of bulbs that are only around $100 and last 30,000 hours
The bulbs in the LED housings are not necessarily serviceable, so if an LED fails they would have to replace the entire light.

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone know if the paidinfull discount still works at Ziegler?
Sponsored