Sponsored

Ford needs to be careful in how they handle the reservations in the coming months.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why is everyone worried about your place in line? Don't worry about the line as it will move fast. Also most reservations will not follow through. Ford should have required a $500 deposit as $100 is too low. My dealer told me they had 50 orders but 38 will drop out. They have seen it before with the Raptor. I bet as soon as the order guide is released and guys see the pricing and how you can and cannot configure their Bronco ... then you will see a massive cancellation in reservations.

so i hadnt heard that, if you switch dealers you lose your place in line?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a lot of the frustration and drop off in reservations is due to lack of information. For those that have been following bronco for a while, the anticipation and build up was huge. The site crash on reveal night was disappointing but not the end of the world. We all got a taste of the bronco in the reveal and have had some great info come out in this forum. Until ALL of the information is available about pricing, specs, options and delivery dates, its hard to be critical. Ford's task now is going to be to communicate with customers AND dealers through this process. They are great at building cars, but time will tell how good they are at providing enough information to keep people interested.

psychwarfare

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, MGB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Speaking of the LR Defender...I saw one in the wild yesterday. Looked like a boxy plastic POS if I'm honest. I was throughly disappointed. Very little character.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speaking of the LR Defender...I saw one in the wild yesterday. Looked like a boxy plastic POS if I'm honest. I was throughly disappointed. Very little character.
It's just a better Discovery, that is all. Nothing special

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of the frustration and drop off in reservations is due to lack of information. For those that have been following bronco for a while, the anticipation and build up was huge. The site crash on reveal night was disappointing but not the end of the world. We all got a taste of the bronco in the reveal and have had some great info come out in this forum. Until ALL of the information is available about pricing, specs, options and delivery dates, its hard to be critical. Ford's task now is going to be to communicate with customers AND dealers through this process. They are great at building cars, but time will tell how good they are at providing enough information to keep people interested.
Ford gave everyone a big reveal but since they didn't reveal every single detail/price/configuration/option all at once, people are pouting and making things up....I'm as excited as ever and enjoying the ride

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, I think Ford will sell every Bronco they can make in 2021, regardless of how many reservations get cancelled.
Agreed! Cancel away. Every unit that is cancelled will end up on a dealer lot with ADM.

Ford will NOT not be able to make them fast enough.
Yup. Came here to say the same thing, but y’all beat me to it.

You might be thinking you’re showing Ford a big ol’ middle finger by canceling your reservation. The reality is you’re just shooting yourself in the foot. Ford will sell every Bronco they can build. I don’t think there will be a Bronco that sits on a Dealer lot for more than a few days for a long, long time.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

my take is I picked my current dealer that has treated me very well and worse case maybe I pay MSRP and not get the best out of state deal, but I think I will come out ahead when it comes to service, that is one area you really need a good dealer for. I know some of these dealers are big, but pumping out 500 orders is going to take time in both transport to dealer, dealer prep, and potential reship, that sounds painful. Next will be "wheres my Bronco" and its several weeks later. I am telling you the shipping side from the time it leaves the factory can be crazy depending if its going rail or truck. Tack on more shipping from said dealer if thats your route.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Always have a backup plan folks, nothing is guaranteed. Reserved a Wildtrack with my preferred dealers right after my FE reservation was confirmed .

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They’ve obviously received a lot of interest through refundable $100 dollar deposits. But that’s not nearly as good as selling a large number of Broncos.

At the end of the day, the appeal of the Bronco is what it can do. And there are other capable vehicles in the market.
Competitors.

Not all reservations are going to follow through, but Ford needs to make sure they don’t lose more.

Fords handling of this has obviously upset a large number of reservation holders (from the website issues, to the FE interior, to (especially this one) not allowing people to switch dealerships without canceling, etc.).

First Bronco deliveries are about an entire year away and Ford needs to do their best to keep reservation holders interests. Because those competitors are already out there and are more than ready to catch the people dropping from their Bronco reservation.
I've had no problem with the reservation process. I was on the reservation website when it went live before the site started crashing and allowed me to pick my preferred dealer (which I have a 20 year history with).

My only issue is how they handled the increase from 3500 to 7000 for the FE. I think Ford should have given an honest and direct answer as to why they made the increase, NOT just a "we're increasing the the production run for the FE to 7000" .

Ford should NOT have increased the number of FE's. The should have honored the 1st 3500 reservations and then offered some sort of a discount on a different model to the people that over booked for the for the FE.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford gave everyone a big reveal but since they didn't reveal every single detail/price/configuration/option all at once, people are pouting and making things up....I'm as excited as ever and enjoying the ride
This thread is a prime example of the impatient give it to me now society we live in now. I’m with you, the anticipation will make that delivery date so much sweeter.

Sponsored

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm on this forum, but grand scheme we are likely a vast minority of not only reservations, but those that are vocal about it.

Most people that reserved likely have no clue about our frustrations, nor would many of them even care.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my take is I picked my current dealer that has treated me very well and worse case maybe I pay MSRP and not get the best out of state deal, but I think I will come out ahead when it comes to service, that is one area you really need a good dealer for. I know some of these dealers are big, but pumping out 500 orders is going to take time in both transport to dealer, dealer prep, and potential reship, that sounds painful. Next will be "wheres my Bronco" and its several weeks later. I am telling you the shipping side from the time it leaves the factory can be crazy depending if its going rail or truck. Tack on more shipping from said dealer if thats your route.
Same here. I've had nothing but positive experiences with Bob Davidson Ford. Am sure that the best deal will be negotiated. I'm all about relationships, and the last 18 years have been great. Plus, they're a mile from where I work, so a huge convenience factor.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford should NOT have increased the number of FE's. The should have honored the 1st 3500 reservations and then offered some sort of a discount on a different model to the people that over booked for the for the FE.
Or they realized that their website screwed up, and they decided to turn lemons into lemonade for the customer’s that weren’t able to reserve an FE and themselves. They did what any multi-billion dollar company does, realize a unique opportunity in which they can make more money, and then capitalize on that.

Going from 3,500-7,000 on a Bronco that’s essentially going to be the same as the rest of the 193,000 Broncos sold in the first year isn’t that big of a deal...

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Or they realized that their website screwed up, and they decided to turn lemons into lemonade for the customer’s that weren’t able to reserve an FE and themselves. They did what any multi-billion dollar company does, realize a unique opportunity in which they can make more money, and then capitalize on that.

Going from 3,500-7,000 on a Bronco that’s essentially going to be the same as the rest of the 193,000 Broncos sold in the first year isn’t that big of a deal...
When Ford made the increase to 7000 those additional 3500 FE's were not available for people to reserve and this is my point about why Ford needs to explain why they made the increase. Part of the reason people were willing to pay a higher price for the FE was exclusivity. When Ford doubled the number FE's exclusivity was effectively cut by 50% with no price reduction announced by Ford.
Sponsored