Sponsored

Ford says Maverick “orders are scheduled in the order in which they are received, regardless of dealer”

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For the Maverick...this may be known here, but I just came across this article.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...heduled-in-the-order-they-are-received.13421/

“”Ford recently posted in the Maverick Truck Clubforums to let customers know that 2022 Ford Maverick orders are in fact being scheduled when they’re received. “Traditionally, we have allocated vehicles to dealerships based on historical sales data, which helped determine the scheduling of orders,” the post reads. “While we initially followed this process for Maverick, we quickly pivoted when customer demand exceeded expectations. As a result, orders are scheduled in the order in which they are received, regardless of dealer, pending any capacity and commodity limitations. Oldest Maverick retail orders are prioritized first, provided the Dealer has completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) AND the order can be scheduled within existing supply and optional features/package availability.””
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

in 'Ford speak' that means:
- ' we can change our minds and throw you under the bus anytime we feel like it '

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why do I feel like I have seen this movie before....

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order the order is received, not the reservation timestamp order like us. Glad for the Maverick folks. Makes sense; They are paying half what we are, so should get double the attention. That is the Ford math. Makes one wonder if the reservation bait and switch on the Bronco was mostly, if not entirely, punitive on the Granger/Stephens/similar dealers and not primarily based on favoring other dealers.

Edit; did Ford cave to the big dealers or is Ford management that petty and vengeful?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Order the order is received, not the reservation timestamp order like us. Glad for the Maverick folks. Makes sense; They are paying half what we are, so should get double the attention. That is the Ford math. Makes one wonder if the reservation bait and switch on the Bronco was mostly, if not entirely, punitive on the Granger/Stephens/similar dealers and not primarily based on favoring other dealers.

Edit; did Ford cave to the big dealers or is Ford management that petty and vengeful?
Thats what I thought after reading it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s just wild to me that someone at Ford would actually state this again, granted it’s a different vehicle model but with how much of a disaster the Bronco reservation/ordering has been they just keep saying this garbage.

Montague19??

Base
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
AND the order can be scheduled within existing supply and optional features/package availability.””

Still has the caveat of constrained items pushing you build back. Unless you change your build.

Sponsored

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup, and kind of funny since dealers have been selling below invoice for decades. If Ford doesn't do something before 23MY I suspect there will be a rather large exodus of reservation holders that got tired of waiting. Nobody should have to wait 2+ years for a mass produced vehicle, it's absurd.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup, and kind of funny since dealers have been selling below invoice for decades. If Ford doesn't do something before 23MY I suspect there will be a rather large exodus of reservation holders that got tired of waiting. Nobody should have to wait 2+ years for a mass produced vehicle, it's absurd.

That is crazy talk! You are crazy.

You think that Ford wants reservationists to chose to go away just because they are due expensive price protections, cause bad press, complain all the time, aggravate dealers that are tired of dealing with folks arguing over MSRP, and the like?

A company wanting to make a large problem that potentionally will blow up in their face, one that costs them money (as they sell every Bronco they make) go away with no liability or negative press? That is just nutty. Next you'll be wearing tinfoil hats and telling me the government and facebook are spying on us.

Get help, my Friend, get professional mental health help.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course they did, wow.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford doesn't do something before 23MY I suspect there will be a rather large exodus of reservation holders
Ford: "Oh no, please don't, not that."

They'll still sell every one built, but not have to lose money on price protection.
Sponsored