Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hello fellow Bronco 6G’ers.

I ordered a ’24 2 door Heritage with a manual trans from my local dealer on August 24. The salesman said I’d get an email from Ford confirming my order. After a week of no email or dealer contact I contacted the salesman. He said his ordering manager confirmed it had been ordered. After another week of no word, I contacted the salesdude again. This time he told me Ford “kicked back” the order because it was a 2 door! Interestingly I only learned this because I contacted them. Who knows when they were ever going to tell me.(?) Salesguy even asked if I wanted to change the order to a 4 door! “ABSOLUTELY NOT”.

I have been reading the 6G news and threads here for a couple weeks and honestly am still confused how the reservation and order programs work. Is it true Ford is not accepting 2 door orders or is this dealer playing games? Since it seems the latter and I have no reservation or order, I guess I’ll just tell them I want my deposit back. Maybe go somewhere else and order.
Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would go with another dealer. Place the order and when confirmed, cancel the first and get a refund. Plus, the manny tranny seems be nearly impossible to get these days. Good luck and hang in there. The manual is DEFINITELY worth it!

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As of now, they are not taking order for 2 door Heritage editions. It's on "pause" which means they may resume taking those orders in the near future. To my understanding, this only affects the 2 door Heritage edition only so you might be able to order a 2 door if you go with another trim.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My uneducated guess would be the top for the Heritage two door is the culprit causing the non order status. If in fact there actually is a non order status on Heritage two doors.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought Ford wasnt doing manuals for the rest of 2023 until they got the issues squared away? Either way it doesnt sound like it is your dealer from the posts above.

Sponsored
OP
OP
65CarryAll

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ok, thanks emkay and TX. I'm scheduled to talk with "The Order Guy" at another dealer tomorrow. I'm not interested in changing my order just to get it sooner. If Ford can't get me what I want I'm fine with passing on a Bronco. Dad had a '72 with a 302 and 3 speed manual trans when I got my license...

OP
OP
65CarryAll

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I thought Ford wasnt doing manuals for the rest of 2023 until they got the issues squared away? Either way it doesnt sound like it is your dealer from the posts above.
Thank you, hemiblas.

So if I leave my deposit with the dealer will they order it when it becomes available? It doesn't seem to me like anyone would even be monitoring it. They haven't been very proactive so far. The short time I've been researching this shows me dealers are only interested in quick sales... look what we have on the lot.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you, hemiblas.

So if I leave my deposit with the dealer will they order it when it becomes available? It doesn't seem to me like anyone would even be monitoring it. They haven't been very proactive so far. The short time I've been researching this shows me dealers are only interested in quick sales... look what we have on the lot.
If you leave the order, I'd keep checking the forums to see when it does become available to order and then get with them. The guys on the forums know more than most dealers....Agreed, they will forget and they only care about selling what is on the lot, but that is most dealers now adays though.

OP
OP
65CarryAll

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If you leave the order, I'd keep checking the forums to see when it does become available to order and then get with them. The guys on the forums know more than most dealers....Agreed, they will forget and they only care about selling what is on the lot, but that is most dealers now adays though.
This makes sense. Where is the quickest place on the forum to check on particular availability? Without posting or searching new threads? Thanks!

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This makes sense. Where is the quickest place on the forum to check on particular availability? Without posting or searching new threads? Thanks!
You are going to have to keep checking by searching through threads...or keep this post alive by asking the question again in a month or so.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name