mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed. I was 2dr manual or bust. Got mine in early '21. I know they are out there, but I have not personally seen another 2dr manual In the 2 years I've had mine. Come to think of it, I haven't seen another manual at all...

Mine is a 2022 base 2-dr/7-spd. I have yet to see another one, especially in EG in my area. I saw one Badlands 2-dr EG almost a year ago but it was an automatic. The driver congratulated me on getting the stick.
Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is a 2022 base 2-dr/7-spd. I have yet to see another one, especially in EG in my area. I saw one Badlands 2-dr EG almost a year ago but it was an automatic. The driver congratulated me on getting the stick.
Manual gearbox is the only way I roll. It's a great anti-theft device. Lol!

OP
OP
65CarryAll

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes, there are a few Heritage 2 doors with MT listed here and there. I spent hours on Ford inventory search putting in different zip codes to cover much of the country. (thanks to the 100 mi. radius max) Hereā€™s what I found:

Many are customer ordered. Dealer usually has multiple backup buyers in line incase original customer bails out. Actual vehicle may not even have been delivered to the dealer! Apparently, dealers rush to post anything on their sites, just to drum up traffic. Some of the dealer website links for a 2 door Heritage listed on Ford inventory search actually take you to a completely different 4 door vehicle! ā€œOh, that one was soldā€ I was once told. Yet there it is on both Ford and dealer websites.

Sometimes the listing color doesnā€™t match photo. Another case of "post anything" to garner attention. When you see a photo of a vehicle in front of rail cars you can be certain the dealer does not have it and may not ever. BTW, the salesman in the video above did not return my call. Either the vehicle is gone or there are so many inquires that he canā€™t reply to them all. No wonder dealers are getting over MSRP for them. Not sure I want one bad enough to compete with this. Especially after:

Last night I found and read the manual transmission rattle thread where not only most owners reported the issue, but many suspect ALL the transmissions have it to some degree eventually. Many noticed it early on. Also, that Ford has not developed a proper fix. After driving manual transmissions for decades and hundreds of thousands of miles completely issue free, I wonder why I would subject myself to this type of issue. I am very sensitive to vibrations/rattles and am sure it would bother me greatly.

Thank you very much to all who replied!

Last edited:

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Manual gearbox is the only way I roll. It's a great anti-theft device. Lol!

So true, I even have a sticker on the back window outlining a stick shift with the caption: "Equipped with Anti-Theft Device" It's funny watching drivers behind me read it and start laughing.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, thanks emkay and TX. I'm scheduled to talk with "The Order Guy" at another dealer tomorrow. I'm not interested in changing my order just to get it sooner. If Ford can't get me what I want I'm fine with passing on a Bronco. Dad had a '72 with a 302 and 3 speed manual trans when I got my license...
If you're patient, eventually you'll be rewarded with a vehicle you love. I had to wait until November, '22 after making a reservation on July 13, 2020. It was no fun playing the long game, but I've been enjoying it since the day I picked it up.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, there are a few Heritage 2 doors with MT listed here and there. I spent hours on Ford inventory search putting in different zip codes to cover much of the country. (thanks to the 100 mi. radius max) Hereā€™s what I found:

Many are customer ordered. Dealer usually has multiple backup buyers in line incase original customer bails out. Actual vehicle may not even have been delivered to the dealer! Apparently, dealers rush to post anything on their sites, just to drum up traffic. Some of the dealer website links for a 2 door Heritage listed on Ford inventory search actually take you to a completely different 4 door vehicle! ā€œOh, that one was soldā€ I was once told. Yet there it is on both Ford and dealer websites.

Sometimes the listing color doesnā€™t match photo. Another case of "post anything" to garner attention. When you see a photo of a vehicle in front of rail cars you can be certain the dealer does not have it and may not ever. BTW, the salesman in the video above did not return my call. Either the vehicle is gone or there are so many inquires that he canā€™t reply to them all. No wonder dealers are getting over MSRP for them. Not sure I want one bad enough to compete with this. Especially after:

Last night I found and read the manual transmission rattle thread where not only most owners reported the issue, but many suspect ALL the transmissions have it to some degree eventually. Many noticed it early on. Also, that Ford has not developed a proper fix. After driving manual transmissions for decades and hundreds of thousands of miles completely issue free, I wonder why I would subject myself to this type of issue. I am very sensitive to vibrations/rattles and am sure it would bother me greatly.

Thank you very much to all who replied!
There's multiple posts in the transmission thread describing the fix and that it was trouble free (at least up to this point). There is a revised transmission number that should have whatever the fix was (synchro's?) and everything I've read from new deliveries is that there are no issues, no rattling! I hope that's the case, mine's sitting at the dealer now finishing up finance and then it'll get shipped to me here.

And no, mine's not for sale unless you want to bump it up to 6 figures from the 5 it is now, it would take an insane amount after waiting 3 years to pry my fingers off the steering wheel!

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Actually kind of surprised to hear (or read, I guess) that.

Auto Start-Stop is the most seamless experience ever with a manual transmission, because it only kicks on when you your in neutral with the clutch disengaged. As soon as you press in the clutch pedal engine kicks on again. Basically gives you complete control over when the engine turns off.

Now on the automaticā€¦ wooo manā€¦.itā€™s annoying on automatic. Has a brain if itā€™s own.
I can't deal with it on manuals. I've had my share of manuals, know how to drive them, and yes, stall them out on steep incline starts sometimes. Anyway, when the whole engine cuts out with ASS, my brain subconsciously makes me think I stalled out. It's not a huge deal, but I just don't like it. Maybe I'd get used to it, but I'd rather just throw in a $50 fob that stops it altogether.

OP
OP
65CarryAll

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There's multiple posts in the transmission thread describing the fix and that it was trouble free (at least up to this point). There is a revised transmission number that should have whatever the fix was (synchro's?) and everything I've read from new deliveries is that there are no issues, no rattling! I hope that's the case, mine's sitting at the dealer now finishing up finance and then it'll get shipped to me here.
Thanks, LCB. I too hope that's the case. I'm certain you've more experience and knowledge on this issue than I. The two threads I looked at (one had a poll) were quite long and not at all comforting. A manual transmission. Something so basic that has been sorted out a long time ago.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks, LCB. I too hope that's the case. I'm certain you've more experience and knowledge on this issue than I. The two threads I looked at (one had a poll) were quite long and not at all comforting. A manual transmission. Something so basic that has been sorted out a long time ago.
I followed the long thread for awhile until the new deliveries were reported as being good and as was just built in August I quit following it. I'll have mine in a couple of weeks, hit me up then and I'll let you know if there's any issues!

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't deal with it on manuals. I've had my share of manuals, know how to drive them, and yes, stall them out on steep incline starts sometimes. Anyway, when the whole engine cuts out with ASS, my brain subconsciously makes me think I stalled out. It's not a huge deal, but I just don't like it. Maybe I'd get used to it, but I'd rather just throw in a $50 fob that stops it altogether.
As long as you are in gear, the ASS does nothing on the manual. The only time mine has ever shut off is when shifted into neutral with the clutch out, such as exiting the vehicle to open a garage door or when stopped on the street to BS to a neighbor while in neutral. Starting on a hill is a breeze in the Bronco as the brake holds for 3 seconds. Crawler gear is great for heavy traffic situations (which i try to avoid). Believe me when I say you will be pleasantly surprised how easy they have made driving a stick.

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I placed an order for a two-door Big Bend the day the order banks re-opened in August. Like others said I would ask around to other dealers. Don't settle if you can help it!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as you are in gear, the ASS does nothing on the manual. The only time mine has ever shut off is when shifted into neutral with the clutch out, such as exiting the vehicle to open a garage door or when stopped on the street to BS to a neighbor while in neutral. Starting on a hill is a breeze in the Bronco as the brake holds for 3 seconds. Crawler gear is great for heavy traffic situations (which i try to avoid). Believe me when I say you will be pleasantly surprised how easy they have made driving a stick.
Yeah, the only time I ever have the stupid A/SS go off is if I stop to put bills in the outgoing mail, or when I pull into the drive up ATM.

I turned off hill hold before I left the dealership. When I hit the clutch on my driveway I want it to roll.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never had auto stop/start before and had some degree of trepidation about it going in but, now that I have had the truck for a while, I have to say it's made no difference worth noting to me. I don't get what gets everyone's panties into such a tight bind on this but to each their own I say. I procured a laptop and Forscan specifically so I could tweak vehicle settings (esp audio but had just assumed ASS as well) but won't be bothering to do anything about auto stop as it's been such a non-issue - again, for ME. YMMV applies as always.

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m STILL stunned I found my ā€˜23 A51 2-dr non-Squatch BL 7-spd on a dealerā€™s lot a month ago!!! The 3 weeks I waited to pick it up was painful (yeah, I know, waiting 3 weeks is NOTHING compared to a year or more!). But now Iā€™m thrilled to have it!!
Sponsored