BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need help troubleshooting the proper LED function on the Ford OEM version of the RedArc Tow Pro Elite brake controller. I installed the Ford OEM version and when a trailer is connected the LED only shows up on the control knob when I press it in, as if to manually brake the trailer. From everything I have read and seen in videos online, the non-OEM versionā€™s LED is on at all times when a trailer is connected. As shown in the video below.

For those that have installed the OEM version, is your LED always on or only on when you press the control knob?

I purchased a brake force meter and verified that my controller is working properly. Just curious about the LED.

Sponsored

sshalliburton

Badlands
First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever figure this out? Mine does the same thing.

OP
OP
BRBlue

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever figure this out? Mine does the same thing.
That must be the way the OEM version is designed to work. The documentation is misleading.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does yours cause solenoids to clunk long after the vehicle is off? Mine seems to be going through a send procedure or something similar. Like itā€™s testing the brakes or for a trailer every 30 seconds. I installed the OEM Redarc onto a BD with tow package. Curious if Iā€™m missing something.

OP
OP
BRBlue

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard those sounds long before installing the controller. Not sure if Iā€˜m hearing the same things you are but the Bronco has so many automated systems. It is always on even when youā€™re not driving. Sounds like pumps priming and other solenoid type sounds.
Sponsored