V3N4T0R

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro / Many mods
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m finally getting my 2-door Wildtrak with Lux and some other packages, and I’m curious about dashcams. Ford has one on their website, but it doesn’t say much about the primary purpose of a dashcam: covering your ass in the event of an accident. It mentions things like “capture all the action,” but I’m not sure if that means it is primarily meant for offroading or something.

Does anyone have this installed? How well does it work, and how was installation?

Ford dashcam link: https://accessories.ford.com/products/dashcam-140-dash-camera
Sponsored

OP
OP

V3N4T0R

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK, I see. Hopefully there’s no “action” to record, but I’d rather have it and not need it. The placement seems kind of obstructive, but I’ll learn to live with it since I’m somewhat tall and can already barely see anything near the rearview mirror.

If anyone has this specific model installed, I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m finally getting my 2-door Wildtrak with Lux and some other packages, and I’m curious about dashcams. Ford has one on their website, but it doesn’t say much about the primary purpose of a dashcam: covering your ass in the event of an accident. It mentions things like “capture all the action,” but I’m not sure if that means it is primarily meant for offroading or something.

Does anyone have this installed? How well does it work, and how was installation?

Ford dashcam link: https://accessories.ford.com/products/dashcam-140-dash-camera
There is someone who installed it on YouTube. Part 1 front and part to is rear install. Just purchased it. See too many accidents were nobody wants to take responsibility.

Sponsored

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i have a BlackVue 900x dual camera setup installed. I had it hard-wired for parking mode in my last truck, but didn't feel like going through all the effort this time. I'm using the 12v in the back center console, which usually stays on a few minutes after parking.

IMG_7800.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

OP
OP

V3N4T0R

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is someone who installed it on YouTube. Part 1 front and part to is rear install. Just purchased it. See too many accidents were nobody wants to take responsibility.
I’ll try and search for that on Youtube. I was hit by a car while riding my bike a few months ago, and it was 100% their fault. I now want dashcams on my cars, my bikes, my shoes, my dogs, etc.

OP
OP

V3N4T0R

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i have a BlackVue 900x dual camera setup installed. I had it hard-wired for parking mode in my last truck, but didn't feel like going through all the effort this time. I'm using the 12v in the back center console, which usually stays on a few minutes after parking.

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Dashcam IMG_7799

That seems less obtrusive than the OEM dashcam. Can you still wire it for the parking mode if you want to?

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That seems less obtrusive than the OEM dashcam. Can you still wire it for the parking mode if you want to?
Yea, I'd just have to figure out if the correct wires exist behind the mirror. To properly use a parking mode, you need to have both a constant 12v and a keyed 12v, and I think at the very least I could get those from the mirror and the lights there, maybe I'll get around to it soon.

As far as being obtrusive, it's not very. I can see them both, but they don't block anything, and I love having the peace of mind.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK, I see. Hopefully there’s no “action” to record, but I’d rather have it and not need it. The placement seems kind of obstructive, but I’ll learn to live with it since I’m somewhat tall and can already barely see anything near the rearview mirror.

If anyone has this specific model installed, I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.
I have an older Roav, an Anker company that I don’t think makes DashCams anymore.

Roav DashCam S1, by Anker, Dash Cam, Dashboard Camera, Full HD 1080p Resolution, 60 fps, Nighthawk Vision, Sony Starvis Sensor, Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi, Wide-Angle Lens, 2-Port Charger, 32GB microSD Card https://a.co/d/60EU0Db

I installed it in my pre Bronco vehicle and just moved it over when I took delivery. It’s not super fancy, only does 1 channel, but it’s a nice compact unit giving me recordings of the things happening in front of me. When I moved it to my bronco I sprung for the Dongar…

Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter (16-pin Type A) for Ford Vehicles. Compatible with Select Bronco, F150 and more. Built-In USB Power Source, Connects to Rearview Mirror, Easy to Install https://a.co/d/60bgVNI

…adapter so I wouldn’t have to run cables. It works great and cuts on/off when I start my car.

It has a built in battery (really a super capacitor) so it has the parking mode detection. I’ve noticed a lot of the newer models require special power units for those features.

On the bronco I installed it tucked up tight behind the rearview mirror so I hardly notice it there.

I would say the best feature of having a dash cam is that I know I’m being recorded, so I found that my driving became a little more controlled and calm. No more racing yellow lights and aggressive a-hole maneuvers.

When it fails I will be shopping for a 3 channel one with wireless and cloud connections for that piece of mind.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see any reason why you couldn't mount that camera behind the rearview mirror. That is where I mounted my black vue. As far as the Ford camera, unless you have points to burn, that particular camera can be found cheaper elsewhere.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if this works with the Bronco Trail App, so that you don't have to use your phone? I would buy for that. It could still save video to your phone via Wi-Fi/Bluetooth.

Ford?

wyatt358

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had one in my Explorer when I got hit. Proved everything. I have one in the Bronco and I hope it never needs to be used. I have the one from Ford that I had the dealer install.

JBKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had one in my Explorer when I got hit. Proved everything. I have one in the Bronco and I hope it never needs to be used. I have the one from Ford that I had the dealer install.
Likewise - had one in my F150 when some crap fell off of a guy's trailer, flew up and tore my mirror right off. He denied it, I showed the highway patrol the video, and he was cited on the spot. His insurance paid out for repairs with no questions asked when I sent them the same video.

I've only had to use the camera once in that situation, but based on the cost to repair my truck and the headaches it saved me, that one incident covered the cost of the cameras I've installed in each of my vehicles.

Calcifer

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I highly recommend the Dongar USB plug for the rear view mirror. I added one for my garmin camera and it helps hide everything. The small camera and no cords makes it look like nothing is there which is good when you have a soft top.
Sponsored