Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here you go. My apologies for the horrible lighting in my garage. As you can see I installed it a tad bit crooked. I meant to go back and fix it but it’s so hard to notice it I forget it’s even there! Also the vid come out really good so the slight angle being off doesn’t make too much of a difference.

cant see it all from the driver’s seat. IIRC it was about $60

75B67B06-9879-42D4-A0AE-A80973B0A78F.jpeg

078077E3-5D07-496C-AB1C-B0A48A063562.jpeg

3598F9B2-CA96-475D-BA7A-7E8EAD6E952F.jpeg
Cheers!!! Wow you really can't notice it at all eh?
Sponsored

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope!! Whenever your power up the Bronco it comes on and says “Start Recording” to let you know it’s on. Other than that it’s set it and forget it lol
That is awesome. I'm ordering one man.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope!! Whenever your power up the Bronco it comes on and says “Start Recording” to let you know it’s on. Other than that it’s set it and forget it lol
The brand is IIRC? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Just want to make sure I got that right.

AIGAD

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The brand is IIRC? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Just want to make sure I got that right.
He didn't list the brand. IIRC means, "if I recall correctly."
I typed it in as a brand too, but then googled IIRC...lol

Sponsored

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hahaha I appreciate that. Lol I would have spent an hour tonight looking for iirc cams haha cheers man! 👊

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahaha I appreciate that. Lol I would have spent an hour tonight looking for iirc cams haha cheers man! 👊
i would have given y’all the direct link but it’s not on Amazon any longer.

It’s prob made by some Chinese company. I’ll try to find a similar one

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I searched and really never found anything here. If I missed it please enlighten me! Now that I finally have a build date I am considering a camera for when I do go out on trails. I currently have a PIXPRO, because I liked the 360 degree option. Trust me though, it is a pain in the ass to work with.

I do not feel like I need a Go Pro level since I am not really an extreme sports guy :) I am looking for one I can plug into the USB port on the dash so I don't have to worry about charging it and it would able to fit either on a rail or screw into the mounting point on the dash. Thank you for your input.

Since you have the dash USB, the setup that I have would probably work great. I have been using this for over a year with zero issues. I purchased the short USB cable on Amazon and stuck a 128 micro SD card in it and it does it's thing anytime the car is running. Totally automatic, I don't touch a thing. It records for many hours before over-writing. Since it is not hot when the car is off, you don't get the security type recordings, but for me I mainly wanted it for when I drive so it fits the bill.

Ford Bronco Dashcam options? Dash Cam 2

Ford Bronco Dashcam options? Dash Cam 1

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since you have the dash USB, the setup that I have would probably work great. I have been using this for over a year with zero issues. I purchased the short USB cable on Amazon and stuck a 128 micro SD card in it and it does it's thing anytime the car is running. Totally automatic, I don't touch a thing. It records for many hours before over-writing. Since it is not hot when the car is off, you don't get the security type recordings, but for me I mainly wanted it for when I drive so it fits the bill.

This is awesome!!!! Thank you for your share🤙

Sponsored

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive had this for over a year and it works great.

https://a.co/d/ekHhPPZ
I havn't put it in my wife's bronco, just picked it up last week. Ive had it in my F150 and I have it hard wired with a tap a fuse option. Parking mode is great and when i need a file I just connect directly to it and download the file.

I'm going to put it in wife's bronco in a couple of weeks but I would probally tap into the fuse the same way I did in my truck but for the rear camera I haven't figured out where to mount that yet. I know you can grab this https://www.4dtech.com/12v-pnp-power-accessory-harness/

and get power off the rear mirror which is also a simple way.
I just installed the A229 version of this camera along with hardwiring my radar detector, so far so good. I used fuse taps for the install and removed the airbag trim cover to help run the wire. I also attached the mute button for my DS1 to the steering column just in front of the adjustment lever. I may move the mute button as a cop at the window might see it.

I use the Dongar mount in the Tacoma and F-150. They seem a little fragile to me, but they do work as advertised.

Last edited:

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use a Nextbase 4K GW622 in ours with a rear facing camera as well. This is how I've powered it as well off of the rear view mirror.

And while this video is predominantly recorded with my iPhone in 4K, at the 21:10 mark in this video, the footage is purely from my dash cam, and at the 21:30 mark is the rear cam footage as well, going through a deep ditch to give angle and perspective of how steep the ditch was!

Links:
Dashcam on it's own: https://amzn.to/3zy6oWL
Dashcam + wired rear view window cam (attaches to back of vehicle): https://amzn.to/3gNG1FN
Rear View Camera (attaches directly on the dash cam): https://amzn.to/3FvVPrd
Ford Bronco Compatible Mirror Power Adapter: https://amzn.to/3SVGALb

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use a Nextbase 4K GW622 in ours with a rear facing camera as well. This is how I've powered it as well off of the rear view mirror.

And while this video is predominantly recorded with my iPhone in 4K, at the 21:10 mark in this video, the footage is purely from my dash cam, and at the 21:30 mark is the rear cam footage as well, going through a deep ditch to give angle and perspective of how steep the ditch was!

Links:
Dashcam on it's own: https://amzn.to/3zy6oWL
Dashcam + wired rear view window cam (attaches to back of vehicle): https://amzn.to/3gNG1FN
Rear View Camera (attaches directly on the dash cam): https://amzn.to/3FvVPrd
Ford Bronco Compatible Mirror Power Adapter: https://amzn.to/3SVGALb
Did the bronco give you any errors after connecting the camera to the rear view mirror. Also. An you do a video doing the rear end camera installation meaning incase someone slams you in the back . Is there a camera for that . Where you install that to ? Like the socket in the back ?

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did the bronco give you any errors after connecting the camera to the rear view mirror. Also. An you do a video doing the rear end camera installation meaning incase someone slams you in the back . Is there a camera for that . Where you install that to ? Like the socket in the back ?
No error codes at all. Just plug and play. The rear view camera connects to the dash cam and remains mounted to the dash cam, pointing out of the back window. There is not a great mounting point in the back of the Bronco, especially with a soft top for a camera.

In our Jeep, we have the rear camera mounted to the back window and wired by the A pillar, along the roof liner and out the back. Really easy install with both options.
Sponsored