Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@USAGUY
-playback? Can I playback videos on my iPhone? no the playback is on the mirror unless you pull the SD card.
-parked motion detection? How well does it work? It provides shock detection with the video being saved for a specified time length. The default is one minute. It is pretty sensative you can trigger it buy closing a door or bumping the vehicle.
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have reactivated my old Hero 3+ and the wifi remote. With the iPhone connected to Car Play I was unable to get the GoPro App to function. The GoPro power cord tucks nicely behind the windshield trim.
Ford Bronco Dashcam options? 1B7BA649-1D5E-4EA3-A6F9-934068D169AB

Ford Bronco Dashcam options? 9B877633-5B65-47CD-A5B3-3EEBBAF672D0

The wifi remote’s battery was dead but it can just stay plugged in.
Ford Bronco Dashcam options? CBB985E4-8965-44E1-AFCC-90A94D08801A

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have reactivated my old Hero 3+ and the wifi remote. With the iPhone connected to Car Play I was unable to get the GoPro App to function. The GoPro power cord tucks nicely behind the windshield trim.

The wifi remote’s battery was dead but it can just stay plugged in.
I'm thinking about using an old GoPro 4 Silver. I'd mount it to the center screw and power off the port in front of it. On some GoPros you want to remove the battery when on constant power.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought this and the dongle for Ford to plug it into my mirror. (often back ordered). I can hide the camera behind the mirror and I don't even see it when I'm driving.

The only issue I would complain about is the slow connection speed when trying to review footage. But then again I've not really had reason to review it.
Only downside of that is some people want constant power (mirror power is only by key) so dash cam can record if vehicle is hit etc while parked,camera turns on and records but otherwise it is minimalist.

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@USAGUY
-playback? Can I playback videos on my iPhone? no the playback is on the mirror unless you pull the SD card.
-parked motion detection? How well does it work? It provides shock detection with the video being saved for a specified time length. The default is one minute. It is pretty sensative you can trigger it buy closing a door or bumping the vehicle.
Thx

Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the Viofo A119 V3 and will be hardwiring it this week. What amp fuses did you use? On viofo forums they say to use 2A and 5A but not to go above, but on some tutorials on here people have used 15A fuses before. Does it matter?

If I need to use 5A and below, my plane was to use Fuse 8 and 35. If not, the tutorial I saw used Fuse 29 and 35.
for my wife's A129 I didn't care about parked operation and just used a dongar adapter, though that was for a Telluride. If I don't get the fullvue digital rear view mirror and do get a separate dashcam I'll get this adapter to wire it in - https://www.stickerfab.com/products/dongar-usb-power-mirror-tap-2021-bronco-with-auto-dimming-mirror

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

for my wife's A129 I didn't care about parked operation and just used a dongar adapter, though that was for a Telluride. If I don't get the fullvue digital rear view mirror and do get a separate dashcam I'll get this adapter to wire it in - https://www.stickerfab.com/products/dongar-usb-power-mirror-tap-2021-bronco-with-auto-dimming-mirror
I'd do that too, but I have a manual transmission so no mid-package on my BD, so my only nice looking solution (so, no cables dangling) is to hardwire it.

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2, liked the price and size. Didn't need anything fancy, just enough for what I need. I also got the Dongar dongle that allowed me to use the rearview mirror power to power it, clean minimalist installation.
Here's another vote for the Garmin Mini 2. Have them in all my cars and my kids cars. Great size, and no screen to distract you while driving. With the optional hard wire kit you get the ability to capture anything that happens while the vehicle is off. Local police used footage from my camera to catch a thief who broke into a car parked near by!

Love this as a dash cam, but it isn't a great trail cam. It saves all recordings in short individual mp4's - 1 or 2 minutes each. This is great when you're searching for something specific, but if you wanted to string together anything longer than 2 minutes it would be a huge pain to edit.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any 1440+ resolution, wide angle dashcams will work.
You don't really need a display as 99% of us don't look at it.

Bronco's windshield view is as terrible as my Camaro. Get a low profile ones.
You will need all the view you can get lol.

I'm not a big fan using the front USB ports. I'm kinda OCDed. Can't stand any exposed wirings in my view.

I routed mine up to the roof liner, down into the passenger A pillar cover, behind the glovebox all the way to the center console port. Well hidden.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just Posted on my Dash Cam set up here Dash Cam Post

After doing a ton of research I found the Thinkware U1000 was the best for me needs and one of the cleanest set ups out there.

image0.jpeg

Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Blackvue dr900x

has both front and rear cameras and parking mode

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got from Costco a TypeS 4k Dashcam. Plugged it into the cigarette plug in the center console. On sale for $99. Awesome quality and functionality so far. It has a gps box on the power cord I lay around my dash cell phone mount. Definitely not a clean install but I’m testing it out for now lol.

Ford Bronco Dashcam options? CD509484-9833-4BA7-A233-5A4B8DB09796

Ford Bronco Dashcam options? 35EEAD8C-4591-4DCE-889E-9C9A879A318D

Danielims

Raptor
First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache- GT
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got a Mercylion hidden dash cam about 3 years ago and it's worked well. Very easy to run the power cable to the fuse panel so it's hidden, and powers both active and parking modes. A rear camera is availble but I don't have it. The only issue I've had with it, is overheating on a few extremely hot sunny summer days.
Sponsored