Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the Brandmotion FVMR-1120 FullVUE® Rear Camera Mirror for Ford Bronco FVMR-1120 - (brandmotion.com). It is not just a dash cam it is also a Digital Review mirror. It has both forward and rear cameras, does parking monitoring, digital playback on the mirror. It is so nice to have when the soft top is in the down position. Kind of pricey, but worth it in my opinion.
Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the Brandmotion FVMR-1120 FullVUE® Rear Camera Mirror for Ford Bronco FVMR-1120 - (brandmotion.com). It is not just a dash cam it is also a Digital Review mirror. It has both forward and rear cameras, does parking monitoring, digital playback on the mirror. It is so nice to have when the soft top is in the down position. Kind of pricey, but worth it in my opinion.
Did you use the provided rear view camera, or were you able to integrate the Bronco rear view camera into the rearview mirror system?

Herb

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@351W-Bronco Yes you have to user the provided rear camera. It comes with a pretty slick adjustable bracket and the vertical angle of the view is adjustable on the screen by swiping you finger up or down. @RoLyMa27 You do not lose the backup camera function
Ford Bronco Dashcam options? FVMR-1120_01
Ford Bronco Dashcam options? 1669434316694

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@351W-Bronco Yes you have to user the provided rear camera. It comes with a pretty slick adjustable bracket and the vertical angle of the view is adjustable on the screen by swiping you finger up or down. @RoLyMa27 You do not lose the backup camera function
Thanks Shane.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No error codes at all. Just plug and play. The rear view camera connects to the dash cam and remains mounted to the dash cam, pointing out of the back window. There is not a great mounting point in the back of the Bronco, especially with a soft top for a camera.

In our Jeep, we have the rear camera mounted to the back window and wired by the A pillar, along the roof liner and out the back. Really easy install with both options.
I have the same setup
I mounted my camera to the roll bar so when I take the top off I don’t move it. Also it’s mounted with a jtop installed too

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed the A229 version of this camera along with hardwiring my radar detector, so far so good. I used fuse taps for the install and removed the airbag trim cover to help run the wire. I also attached the mute button for my DS1 to the steering column just in front of the adjustment lever. I may move the mute button as a cop at the window might see it.

I use the Dongar mount in the Tacoma and F-150. They seem a little fragile to me, but they do work as advertised.
That's awesome detail! Thanks for the info🤙

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Edit: I now realize you probably asking for recording trail riding. GoPro would be my bet for that.

Checkout this video from LTT if you have not already seen it.

Basically, all dash cams use the same processors and camera -+ a few options and then the specific software.

I have a Rexing in my truck, it works, seems reliable. Kinda a pain to transfer videos to my phone.
The ABSOLUTE review .... thank you for posting

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/QU. This does seem pretty cool. I’ve searched YouTube and all I can find are videos that brandmotion produced. It leaves me with a few questions.
Like;
-playback? Can I playback videos on my iPhone?
-parked motion detection? How well does it work?
. Hmmm I do like what I see. Probably will wait for some reviews.

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed the A229 version of this camera along with hardwiring my radar detector, so far so good. I used fuse taps for the install and removed the airbag trim cover to help run the wire. I also attached the mute button for my DS1 to the steering column just in front of the adjustment lever. I may move the mute button as a cop at the window might see it.

I use the Dongar mount in the Tacoma and F-150. They seem a little fragile to me, but they do work as advertised.
I have the Viofo A119 V3 and will be hardwiring it this week. What amp fuses did you use? On viofo forums they say to use 2A and 5A but not to go above, but on some tutorials on here people have used 15A fuses before. Does it matter?

If I need to use 5A and below, my plane was to use Fuse 8 and 35. If not, the tutorial I saw used Fuse 29 and 35.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Viofo A119 V3 and will be hardwiring it this week. What amp fuses did you use? On viofo forums they say to use 2A and 5A but not to go above, but on some tutorials on here people have used 15A fuses before. Does it matter?

If I need to use 5A and below, my plane was to use Fuse 8 and 35. If not, the tutorial I saw used Fuse 29 and 35.
I used 5 and 7.5, it was what I had on hand.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2, liked the price and size. Didn't need anything fancy, just enough for what I need. I also got the Dongar dongle that allowed me to use the rearview mirror power to power it, clean minimalist installation.
I bought this and the dongle for Ford to plug it into my mirror. (often back ordered). I can hide the camera behind the mirror and I don't even see it when I'm driving.

The only issue I would complain about is the slow connection speed when trying to review footage. But then again I've not really had reason to review it.
Sponsored