James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for dashcam recommendations for the new bronco. Preferably something that will alert me if it’s been hit and/or some sort of gps on there. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks all

viva la bronco
Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, one of those links presumably only takes video on front and the other in rear. I’ve seen people that set cameras to record video 24/7. How would either of these help a theft in any way? Genuine question. I just assumed all of the front cameras were less versatile GoPros. The rear I can understand - especially with tinted rear, large tire and those without 360. The safety features on the Black Diamond leave a lot to be desired when in reverse.

My Bronco came with LoJack subscription while under warranty - perhaps other dealers offer something similar?

Sponsored
OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, one of those links presumably only takes video on front and the other in rear. I’ve seen people that set cameras to record video 24/7. How would either of these help a theft in any way? Genuine question. I just assumed all of the front cameras were less versatile GoPros. The rear I can understand - especially with tinted rear, large tire and those without 360. The safety features on the Black Diamond leave a lot to be desired when in reverse.

My Bronco came with LoJack subscription while under warranty - perhaps other dealers offer something similar?
I'm a little less concerned with theft than I am with a hit and run, but your post raises a good question. As someone who has never owned a Ford before, what are the safety options re: theft that someone with a lux package might receive?

I saw a video of the guy from Town and Country mention that his friend's Raptor was stolen but they were able to track it with his phone? But I've not seen anything else about that...

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a little less concerned with theft than I am with a hit and run, but your post raises a good question. As someone who has never owned a Ford before, what are the safety options re: theft that someone with a lux package might receive?

I saw a video of the guy from Town and Country mention that his friend's Raptor was stolen but they were able to track it with his phone? But I've not seen anything else about that...
Ford pass app on your phone shows you current location of vehicle.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been running this 70mai pro dashcam in 3 of my vehicles and have zero complaints using it: https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_3004892161985013.html?wid=2000001

It has a built in battery as well so when the car is parked it doesn't need any external battery or to connect to the car battery, and it has the parking sensor built in as well which auto records if the car is bumped. I got mine last year when they were only ~$60 so now with the price going up there may be better options but again these have worked perfectly for me.

I also installed one in my father in law's vehicle and no issues there either.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a similar note.. anyone with a soft top doing a rear cam? And if so...........how?

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've gone through many of the cheap brands and honestly I've had the best luck with the BlackVue cameras. If you're running with soft-top (or no top) this could be problematic....somehow locking it up or just realizing it might get stolen; not sure how I'd handle this.

Another thing to consider is looking for capacitor based cameras, they deal with the extreme temperature fluctuations a lot better than battery models. If you want it to record even when the vehicle is off, there are solutions to run off of your car battery with voltage cutoffs so it doesn't drain your battery too much.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes. You'll have the Fordpass app which you can view your bronco's location. As a jeep owner w/ a soft top for the last 9yrs, living in both FL and CO during this time, one thing I learned was do not keep valuables inside and do not lock your doors with a soft top. You would rather they open your door than to slash your windows. Although idiots may still do that.

There are many different types of tracking devices out there that will give you alerts should the vehicle leave a preset geofence. I can locate & track any of my vehicles (truck, jeep, wife's suv, trailer and even the 2 dogs) at any given moment as long as I have cell service and/or wifi.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have been looking at the DR750x for awhile. Will be curios to see what people come up with for a rear camera mount. Don't really want to be bothered with relocating the camera twice a year.
Sponsored