First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more people keep agreeing to pay ADM of any amount, the more dealers will keep doing it. Zero reason to pay anything over MSRP other than lack of patience.
Sponsored

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine from Mullinax in Apopka. Zero mark ups and no add on dealer fees. Sorry this has been difficult. In addition Mullinax gave us 32K on our Wrangler Sahara, which we bought 3 years earlier for 36.
Mullinax in Kissimmee was the same, no add-ons or markup.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as I've been a member here I've watched others express outrage over surprise dealer markups. Well, today It's my turn. Ford of Clermont, a small local dealer was purchased last month by the Morgan Auto Group which, if I'm correct, has 50+ stores in Florida. Late last week I caught a whiff that they were surprising order holders w/ substantial markups at delivery. My wife went on line and found multiple negative reviews about these markups.

Our Bronco is supposed to arrive next week, although it hasn't been shipped yet. After requesting, I received my closing numbers this morning. The short story is my out the door price has been increased about $16.5k from original documents. About $1,500 of that is an increase in sticker price from when I ordered. So the surprise increases are about $15k comprised of several different line items and the tax on them.

So I called Ford Bronco Support Team this morning. The story there is I don't qualify for any sticker price protection and although they don't like and wish dealers wouldn't do it, there is absolutely nothing they can do about ADM. I've read here some folks have gotten help from Ford, but there was none for me.

As BB King used to sing, "The Thrill is Gone". Surprisingly, I'm not angry, just very disappointed and tired. I'll request return of my $500 deposit and move on. NEVER, EVER another Ford. A Jeep 4 dr Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon may be in my future.

I'm in my early 70's and one thing I don't have is unlimited time. Eight months into this and who knows how long to get a Jeep. So my Bronco internet friends, I'm out. It is what it is.

BTW, I will probably sell a brand new Rough Country Winch mount for the mod bumper and a brand new J-Tops bimini w/ pale blue and white flag. Oh, and a decal which says "This is not my husband's Bronco". :)

Take care. Contented

Update: Within four minutes of texting my sales advisor I was out, he called me and said make a counter offer and so I did - a minuscule amount. I know what a comparably equipped Jeep costs (at least $6k more) and I don't like to "bite off my nose.... " as the saying goes. About thirty minutes after that, sales advisor called me back again and said the whole $10k markup was a mistake and they removed it all. What they wouldn't take out is a $2,500 Advantage program which is the usual over priced high profit crap like fancy wax and fabric protection, roadside assistance, nitrogen filled tires, etc, etc. So with tax and everything else we're about $3k over original numbers. I'll live w/ that.

AS an aside, they were even discussing refunding the $10k to other customers that paid it.
This isn't a Ford issue, dealers of any brand do this when a vehicle is in demand. Jeep actually has higher markups than Bronco according to a report on this site awhile back. What do you mean by "original paperwork"? If this is the Ford build sheet it simply shows MSRP and is not an agreement of the selling price. This means nothing. You needed to have a signed purchase order with the selling price clearly displayed, or at a minimum a verbal agreement. I had only a verbal agreement, but I made it clear about 6 times before I placed the order that this was a straight MSRP sale. A few weeks before my vehicle arrived I asked the dealership for my final numbers, and they sent me a signed purchase order at this time. I was worried, but got lucky and am the happy owner of a base bronco -- and by base I mean really base (no sasquatch) but I love it.
Since it's no one's Bronco at this point, Ford could decide to not let this dealership screw you, and have you purchase it at another. Instead they sit back and laugh.
Not true! The only thing Ford can do is make adjustments to future allocation.
Ford made the Bronco to pull offroad market share from jeep and Toyota. But Ford dealers' customer interactions are pushing all potential customers to Fords' competitors, permanently. This will be the end of Ford in time, if they don't switch to direct purchases or reign in the bad actor dealers.
According to some reports both Jeep and Toyota (Tundra) have higher markups than Bronco. Down the road when lots are full of Broncos, few people going to base their decision on guys whining and complaining about markups and delays on a website. The product and Ford will be successful if people like it, and it seems there are plenty that do. If anything high markups and short supply make the product even more desirable, not less. That said, the Bronco is designed to compete with Jeep, but I think both brands win because of it. All the Bronco hype has no doubt increased the visibility of Jeep. For me on road manners is important, and in my opinion the Bronco is a home run in this area. I like Jeeps they are cool and unique, just not for me.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You're not fords customer, the dealer is. ford makes dealers do all kinds of crazy things to allow them to hang the blue oval out front but they will never put the screws to unethical business practices like this. As far as ford is concerned their responsibility is done when they unload the vehicle at the dealer. The only thing you can do is notify the BBB and post like this and when enough people bother to do their research on who not to do business with the dealer may voluntarily make changes....but until then.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as I've been a member here I've watched others express outrage over surprise dealer markups. Well, today It's my turn. Ford of Clermont, a small local dealer was purchased last month by the Morgan Auto Group which, if I'm correct, has 50+ stores in Florida. Late last week I caught a whiff that they were surprising order holders w/ substantial markups at delivery. My wife went on line and found multiple negative reviews about these markups.

Our Bronco is supposed to arrive next week, although it hasn't been shipped yet. After requesting, I received my closing numbers this morning. The short story is my out the door price has been increased about $16.5k from original documents. About $1,500 of that is an increase in sticker price from when I ordered. So the surprise increases are about $15k comprised of several different line items and the tax on them.

So I called Ford Bronco Support Team this morning. The story there is I don't qualify for any sticker price protection and although they don't like and wish dealers wouldn't do it, there is absolutely nothing they can do about ADM. I've read here some folks have gotten help from Ford, but there was none for me.

As BB King used to sing, "The Thrill is Gone". Surprisingly, I'm not angry, just very disappointed and tired. I'll request return of my $500 deposit and move on. NEVER, EVER another Ford. A Jeep 4 dr Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon may be in my future.

I'm in my early 70's and one thing I don't have is unlimited time. Eight months into this and who knows how long to get a Jeep. So my Bronco internet friends, I'm out. It is what it is.

BTW, I will probably sell a brand new Rough Country Winch mount for the mod bumper and a brand new J-Tops bimini w/ pale blue and white flag. Oh, and a decal which says "This is not my husband's Bronco". :)

Take care. Contented

Update: Within four minutes of texting my sales advisor I was out, he called me and said make a counter offer and so I did - a minuscule amount. I know what a comparably equipped Jeep costs (at least $6k more) and I don't like to "bite off my nose.... " as the saying goes. About thirty minutes after that, sales advisor called me back again and said the whole $10k markup was a mistake and they removed it all. What they wouldn't take out is a $2,500 Advantage program which is the usual over priced high profit crap like fancy wax and fabric protection, roadside assistance, nitrogen filled tires, etc, etc. So with tax and everything else we're about $3k over original numbers. I'll live w/ that.

AS an aside, they were even discussing refunding the $10k to other customers that paid it.
Well that was a quick turn around.

Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Still watch for your price protection from Ford.
Also, try to get something useful for your $2500, at least ask. Like drop VIN etch but giver me ceramic tint and front PPF.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man if I was in my 70s and knew I didn’t have unlimited time, I would’ve just bought the thing and not let it bother me than wait longer for a Jeep and make a forum post about it.

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Zero reason to pay anything over MSRP other than lack of patience.
While I don't agree with your statement, he admitted that he doesn't have the time (patience), so he's laid out the reasoning right there.

Man if I was in my 70s and knew I didn’t have unlimited time, I would’ve just bought the thing and not let it bother me than wait longer for a Jeep and make a forum post about it.
Really? You'd pay 16.5K over and not want to complain about it a bit? Would you pay 25K over?

And FYI, you don't have unlimited time either. Tomorrow could be it for all you know.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This isn't a Ford issue, dealers of any brand do this when a vehicle is in demand. Jeep actually has higher markups than Bronco according to a report on this site awhile back. What do you mean by "original paperwork"? If this is the Ford build sheet it simply shows MSRP and is not an agreement of the selling price. This means nothing. You needed to have a signed purchase order with the selling price clearly displayed, or at a minimum a verbal agreement. I had only a verbal agreement, but I made it clear about 6 times before I placed the order that this was a straight MSRP sale. A few weeks before my vehicle arrived I asked the dealership for my final numbers, and they sent me a signed purchase order at this time. I was worried, but got lucky and am the happy owner of a base bronco -- and by base I mean really base (no sasquatch) but I love it.

Not true! The only thing Ford can do is make adjustments to future allocation.

According to some reports both Jeep and Toyota (Tundra) have higher markups than Bronco. Down the road when lots are full of Broncos, few people going to base their decision on guys whining and complaining about markups and delays on a website. The product and Ford will be successful if people like it, and it seems there are plenty that do. If anything high markups and short supply make the product even more desirable, not less. That said, the Bronco is designed to compete with Jeep, but I think both brands win because of it. All the Bronco hype has no doubt increased the visibility of Jeep. For me on road manners is important, and in my opinion the Bronco is a home run in this area. I like Jeeps they are cool and unique, just not for me.
The problem is that people ordered from Ford and picked a dealer and can't change it. I bought my jeep for 4 percent under invoice. You pick the right dealer and you can get a deal on a jeep. With the constraints on Ford's order system you are at the mercy of the dealer.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There should be an option to order direct from the manufacturer. Here is the sticker this is what you pay. If you want to buy off the dealer lot, and maybe get some rebates, go ahead. But I'd gladly forgo that 1k$ rebate to not have to work with a sneaky salesman, a greedy dealership, and a crooked finance guy.
That day is coming. Dealers are in for a rude awakening.

Sponsored

i4Scooter

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Public Transport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Take care. Contented

It is not just Ford, I was speaking with the Honda Dealership about 5 miles down from Ford of Clermont on Highway 50 and they want a 20k markup over MSRP (50%) on a Honda Type R that I probably would not get delivery until next year. Glad things worked out for you.

These dealership are not fostering brand or dealership loyalty.