Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is just clever marketing on an incentive. Which is code word for we’re priced too high in the current market. Jeep owners are probably 50% of the target market anyway. So it’s basically a coin flip rebate for them.
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the below in pic a legitimate bonus cash offer on Lightning? How or where can a dealer find the offer details in their system if still available? I’ve called Ford marketing and then transferred to EV reps and neither knows anything about it. Dealers that have had it posted on their own sites all look into it but they don’t how it works then give me some other bs.

Might be direct offers. I put in 60007 and looked at the incentives portal and it's not showing anything. That said, I'm not very good at using some of these sales tools so take it for what it's worth. They segregate our communications and what we can see somewhat based on region, market, zone.

If someone got an offer and it had a program number, I could probably look it up.
IMG_3043.jpeg

OP
OP
Lowcountry Bronco

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is the below in pic a legitimate bonus cash offer on Lightning? How or where can a dealer find the offer details in their system if still available? I’ve called Ford marketing and then transferred to EV reps and neither knows anything about it. Dealers that have had it posted on their own sites all look into it but they don’t how it works then give me some other bs.

IMG_3043.jpeg
Might be a good question to post over on the Lightning site...

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/

@FordVideoGuy might know here as well.

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford offering $1000 to Jeep owners who buy a Bronco (Jeep Competitive Conquest Bonus Cash offer) IMG_3043
That is a vin-specific rebate, meaning it's available on certain vin numbers. Basically 2023 Lightnings that were Demo units prior to the price decrease in the 2023 model year. That is why they receive the rebates. I was told by the Lightning brand team that it was given to 90 vehicles nationally. His luck trying to find one.

We have an XLT and a Platinum that is $15k off if you are looking for a good deal. $7500 rebate and $7500 dealer discount. https://www.long-mcarthur.com/searchnew.aspx

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a46525365/ford-offers-1000-to-jeep-owners-who-buy-a-bronco/

Ford Offering $1000 to Jeep Owners Who Buy a Bronco

JAN 24, 2024

Ever since the Ford Bronco returned to the market for the 2021 model year, the off-road SUV has had its sights squarely set on the Jeep brand. Ford hasn’t had too much difficulty tempting loyal fans away from the seven-barred grille, but it's looking to make the decision even easier in 2024 by way of a new incentive program. Known as the Jeep Competitive Conquest Bonus Cash offer, Jeep owners in certain regions can now qualify for up to $1000 off the price of a Bronco or Bronco Sport.

Not that this affects me but can't find anything on the interwebs about it ... @flip any truth to this?
Too late. I got my 2023 BD in 8/23 and traded in my Jeep Wrangler.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The list is short...very:

1. Instrumentation. The Jeep off-road pages are better and have more gauges (including oil pressure) and GPS coordinates.
You didn't even mention the Bronco's redundant speedo and lame bar graph tach. I feel like those deficiencies could easily be remedied with a software update at the mid-cycle refresh. Ford could even send it to existing owners if it really wanted to be nice. 🙂 That said, the GPS isn't a big deal, since my phone and watch can provide it.

2. Headlights. The Jeep LED headlights are much brighter than the Broncos. The Bronco taillights and backup lights are much better.
Signature headlights on the Bronco seem good to me, so those Jeep lights must be pretty impressive.

3. Windows. The full framed windows of the Jeep are much more stable than the Broncos.
This is a give-and-take. As we know, the frameless doors make for a better experience for removal and storage (as do the mirrors). But not many people take the doors off. I could see where Ford could have a fixed-roof, framed door Bronco. To simplify things, it could eliminate soft top Broncos and let those that want a soft top get it aftermarket for their removable top Broncos.

I've owned a convertible, so have experienced frameless doors, and that was before they invented the 1" drop upon opening. I have another frameless door car and don't have any problems with it or the Bronco as of yet.

4. Off-road Capability. A solid axle vehicle will always have more capability than IFS particularly while rock crawling due to the weaknesses and potential for breakage in IFS. But there are caveats that come with it. Most owners spend 95% + of their time just driving. No SFA vehicle will ever ride/drive as well as an IFS vehicle.
This is the one area I would debate heavily, as the Bronco can easily do level 7-8 in Badlands or Badlnds Sasquatch form, which is easily more than 99% of people do. The vast majority of Jeeps are mall queens anyway. I think Bronco wins and Jeep needs an IFS on the Sahara and optional on some other trims. It can still keep their solid axle badge of honor for the die hard customers. A win-win for them that could allow them to competitively hold its own against Bronco.

That's it. The Bronco is better in every other way (at least for me). There are too many negatives about the Wrangler to post...but, lack of engine power, auto start/stop battery failures, poor oil filter housing/cooler design, poor valve train design, poor front axle design, poor suspension components design, poor engine heat control, poor locker design, inability to solve paint corrosion issues are a few and something that is not rocket science...

Inability to design a rear window defogger where the power cable will stay connected for longer than one use.
Those are some significant issues.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the one area I would debate heavily, as the Bronco can easily do level 7-8 in Badlands or Badlnds Sasquatch form, which is easily more than 99% of people do. The vast majority of Jeeps are mall queens anyway. I think Bronco wins and Jeep needs an IFS on the Sahara and optional on some other trims. It can still keep their solid axle badge of honor for the die hard customers. A win-win for them that could allow them to competitively hold its own against Bronco.
Always an area of debate, but my point stems from the weakness in the IFS. If it were not weak (due to the strain they cannot handle after lifting which causes them to flex too much) then Dana would not offer an "extreme" aftermarket version and RCV would not have their offering.

A solid axle will tilt in varying situations like rock climbing whereas IFS will droop independently (which is the design for both). I would rather have a solid axle in that one condition, but an IFS for all others. The Bronco is very capable, but I believe the solid axle gives Jeep an advantage (mind you--perhaps the only one) over the Bronco under those conditions only. In all other conditions, all bets are off...

Last edited:

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Always an area of debate, but my point stems from the weakness in the IFS. If it were not weak (due to the strain they cannot handle after lifting which causes them to flex too much) then Dana would not offer an "extreme" aftermarket version and RCV would not have their offering.

A solid axle will tilt in varying situations like rock climbing whereas IFS will droop independently (which is the design for both). I would rather have a solid axle in that one condition, but an IFS for all others. The Bronco is very capable, but I believe the solid axle gives Jeep an advantage (mind you--perhaps the only one) over the Bronco under those conditions only. In all other conditions, all bets are off...
Yeah let's just discount the ridiculous amount of aftermarket upgrades specifically for weak Jeep drivetrains and the multitude of businesses these days that got their start catering to Jeep deficiencies. I've busted multiple axle shafts and u-joints on every single Jeep I've owned, stock to rear steer, Willys to JK, on and off road, I believe I was on my 7th Jeep before the Bronco. The only thing saving the drivetrain on a Jeep is the lack of power that all of them have minus the "oh shit Ford is embarrassing us let's put a 392 in" model, and those guys are snapping steel all over the trails like it was made out of candy canes.

If you screw with IFS geometry and don't know what you're doing, things won't end well in a multitude of ways. That's not the fault of IFS. If you screw with the registry of your PC and windows yeets all of your files into the ether, that's not the fault of Microsoft. The only weak point of the Bronco's front suspension is the steering rack, the rest is pretty well balanced with the powertrain and chassis, it'll hold up to just as much abuse as the 44 on the front of a rubicon. The Dana and RCS options are there for the same reason 1 ton conversions exist for Jeeps.

The drawbacks for IFS when rock crawling are primarily due to people being used to SFA crawling and driving them the same, and utilizing stock to mid travel IFS setups instead of long travel. Tons of flexy SFA's out there because they've had a few centuries to get it right and make it affordable for the average person to install on their Jeep. If you want a more apples to apples comparison, take a look at how well long travel IFS does in KOH compared to those flexy SFA's. IFS guys have always taken the lead in the flats, but they're starting to edge out SFA's in the rocks too.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah let's just discount the ridiculous amount of aftermarket upgrades specifically for weak Jeep drivetrains and the multitude of businesses these days that got their start catering to Jeep deficiencies. I've busted multiple axle shafts and u-joints on every single Jeep I've owned, stock to rear steer, Willys to JK, on and off road, I believe I was on my 7th Jeep before the Bronco. The only thing saving the drivetrain on a Jeep is the lack of power that all of them have minus the "oh shit Ford is embarrassing us let's put a 392 in" model, and those guys are snapping steel all over the trails like it was made out of candy canes.

If you screw with IFS geometry and don't know what you're doing, things won't end well in a multitude of ways. That's not the fault of IFS. If you screw with the registry of your PC and windows yeets all of your files into the ether, that's not the fault of Microsoft. The only weak point of the Bronco's front suspension is the steering rack, the rest is pretty well balanced with the powertrain and chassis, it'll hold up to just as much abuse as the 44 on the front of a rubicon. The Dana and RCS options are there for the same reason 1 ton conversions exist for Jeeps.

The drawbacks for IFS when rock crawling are primarily due to people being used to SFA crawling and driving them the same, and utilizing stock to mid travel IFS setups instead of long travel. Tons of flexy SFA's out there because they've had a few centuries to get it right and make it affordable for the average person to install on their Jeep. If you want a more apples to apples comparison, take a look at how well long travel IFS does in KOH compared to those flexy SFA's. IFS guys have always taken the lead in the flats, but they're starting to edge out SFA's in the rocks too.
I am NOT by any stretch of the imagination defending Jeep. I bailed on a Jeep that was built to higher degree than the vast majority of the Broncos on this site to buy a Bronco.

My point is that IFS is inherently weaker than SFA--no matter who the OEM is. CV joints typically break before u-joints will BUT it all depends.

Ford pushed Jeep to improve and without that competition, I can assure you the Jeep would be happy to sit on their laurels living on the reputation of the past.

I jumped ship...so I am on the side of the Bronco...if there needed to be such a statement. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am NOT by any stretch of the imagination defending Jeep. I bailed on a Jeep that was built to higher degree than the vast majority of the Broncos on this site to buy a Bronco.

My point is that IFS is inherently weaker than SFA--no matter who the OEM is. CV joints typically break before u-joints will BUT it all depends.

Ford pushed Jeep to improve and without that competition, I can assure you the Jeep would be happy to sit on their laurels living on the reputation of the past.

I jumped ship...so I am on the side of the Bronco...if there needed to be such a statement. :rolleyes:
Yeah we're in the same boat then, I got fed up with Jeep years ago. They did everything to a lackluster extent, because what else were you going to buy that could fit the same niche? There really wasn't much of an alternative.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah we're in the same boat then, I got fed up with Jeep years ago. They did everything to a lackluster extent, because what else were you going to buy that could fit the same niche? There really wasn't much of an alternative.
That was why I never got a Rubicon. I had hoped for improvements that never came until I gave up on the idea altogether. The Bronco rekindled that desire and we didn't hesitate to get in line on July 13. We enjoy off-reading to be able to get to interesting places and have some fun while doing so. But I don't need to take it to the extreme edge of just about breaking anything. The Badlands does everything it needs to and rewards us with great on-road driving behavior.

Ford could market paying Jeep owners who are in the market to buy a new car to test drive the Bronco. They could get a lot of conquests just showing Wrangler-driving moms how much better their experience could be. 😁

Aking325

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brinco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a46525365/ford-offers-1000-to-jeep-owners-who-buy-a-bronco/

Ford Offering $1000 to Jeep Owners Who Buy a Bronco

JAN 24, 2024

Ever since the Ford Bronco returned to the market for the 2021 model year, the off-road SUV has had its sights squarely set on the Jeep brand. Ford hasn’t had too much difficulty tempting loyal fans away from the seven-barred grille, but it's looking to make the decision even easier in 2024 by way of a new incentive program. Known as the Jeep Competitive Conquest Bonus Cash offer, Jeep owners in certain regions can now qualify for up to $1000 off the price of a Bronco or Bronco Sport.

Not that this affects me but can't find anything on the interwebs about it ... @flip any truth to this?
Hey Ford. WTF. I switched to Bronco after 25 years a Wrangler guy (5 wranglers). Why only give this to 4 cities? What a let down. I picked mine up Friday 1/26. LOVE my wrangler and am the poster child for the Wrangler/Bronco switch.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is just clever marketing on an incentive. Which is code word for we’re priced too high in the current market. Jeep owners are probably 50% of the target market anyway. So it’s basically a coin flip rebate for them.
This.

Reeks a bit of desperation too, to be honest.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I see this as a gimmick more than anything. Given that there are boatloads of Broncos on lots right now, they can give incentives on the lot to push their product. It ultimately depends on the dealer and letting their sales people be savvy on getting someone to switch over. That being said…

I owned 3 Jeeps. I was excited and stupid to give them that many opportunities. Each time it was like having faith that your ex would change 😅

After hearing about Bronco and the breath of fresh air it was bringing, I was all in. And man, I’ll never say it hasn’t bought me my headaches in the process but, I am in love with my Bronco. It’s amazing from top to bottom. Not everything is perfect but I haven’t had the issues I had with my Jeeps ( quality, electrical issues, powertrain issues, lack of acceptable customer service). I think obviously the Customer service is subjective, but each time Jeep salesman knew they didn’t have a competitor so why even try?

I wish they were more aggressive on pricing just to get people to try them but I know there’s a whole slew of things that have affected pricing. I always advocate to Jeep people to just try it, and see what they do. It truly is a blessing and joy to hop in my Bronco daily.
Sponsored