First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Changed my oil at first 1000 miles. I now have 4900 miles and ford pass indicates oil life remaining at 0%, but I only drove it 3900 miles since oil change. Is ford pass accurate on this? Did my oil life only last 3900 miles and should I get another oil change now and disregard ford pass?
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not ignore the OLM. It uses multiple factors to calculate oil life used. It sounds like you do very short trips. I've never had one pop off that early, may be a malfunction, however I'd change the oil and see how fast it does it next time, if to quickly then take it in to the dealer.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are talking about the app, it randomly goes to 0%, and then goes back to whatever it's supposed to be. Yesterday mine was showing 60%. Today it shows 0%. Will probably be back to 60% tomorrow.

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you reset the indicator when you did the 1000 mile change. Also, how long ago was it changed?

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine shows 0% too and then it kinda gets connected to the car and updates the numbers, including tire pressure.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See what the vehicle says as opposed to Ford pass.

OP
OP

cb123

Big Bend
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just do short to medium trips but did I did not reset any indicator at first change. Had it done at local ford dealer and I assumed they would reset indicator. Maybe they did not.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The oil life sensors are smarter than us; have to be.

A few questions come up based on yours. First, what type of oil do you run? Conventional or synthetic? Conventional doesn’t last long at all, so since you did it yourself, hope you went with a good high performance synthetic. It’s still oil, but better, so, yeah; lasts longer too.

Then, have to ask how you drive? If you lead foot, have taken it off-road, towed, driven with high payloads, then you‘ll likely need oil changes faster.

Now, if you have a good synthetic, 3K or so miles is normally far too soon unless you’re leaking, which I truly hope is not the case.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ignore the Ford pass ...it goes back and forth...last several days mines at 0...then went back to 90 percent today then right back to 0

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just do short to medium trips but did I did not reset any indicator at first change. Had it done at local ford dealer and I assumed they would reset indicator. Maybe they did not.
Quite possible they did not reset BUT from experience the app will warn you much sooner than when it gets to 0 that it is time to schedule an appointment.

Reading absolute zero is an anomaly even at 4900 miles.

Just checked mine. Had to update the app to continue. When first viewed at 51% which is about right now it reads 0.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reset the indicator yourself when you change the oil. The app is useful, but always verify with the indicator on the dash.

If I were in your situation, I would:

1. Check the indicator on the Dash
2. If it truly is 0%, I would change it, otherwise skip to #4
3. Reset the indicator
4. Drive until time OLM indicates time to change the oil again

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Changed my oil at first 1000 miles. I now have 4900 miles and ford pass indicates oil life remaining at 0%, but I only drove it 3900 miles since oil change. Is ford pass accurate on this? Did my oil life only last 3900 miles and should I get another oil change now and disregard ford pass?
Mine came on at 600 miles. I googled how to change that. They have a video to show how to go back to 100%. Every time you start your Bronco the oil life goes down a notch. So for me just warming it up to keep Battery charged brought mine down to 0%. I talked to the Dealership about this and they didn’t have time to correct it. So I did my own investigation online and corrected it myself.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in my 60’s, which means I have owned vehicles waaaaaay before some techno geek program had any knowledge of my vehicle. I change my oil when I want to change my oil. Regardless of what the owners manual states, I change my oil every 5K miles. In the past I have changed oil at 3K miles. It is the cheapest insurance for ones vehicle life.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The tech didn't reset the oil life...no big deal.
Sponsored