Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.3L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just ordered my tuner. Let's hope there are no problems loading the Tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First off I'd like to thank all of the members of the forum here for all of your orders. We appreciate you guys very much and hope you all get to enjoy all of the benefits this product has to offer.

On another note I want to address something that has come up a few times in emails sent in to our customer support email.

We have been receiving batches of these directly from Ford Performance and have realized that the clear sticker seal that keeps the box closed was broken on all of them. I spoke directly with my Ford Performance rep who has been awesome to deal with. He's the one that has helped us answer all of the questions you've been asking us in this thread so cheers to him! He explained that the devices come to them from another location where they are then opened up so that the Ford Performance voucher for tuning as well as the EO information can be included in it.

So for anyone that receives one of these from us and see's the sticker seal was broken on the packaging there's no need to worry. These are brand new units we purchase directly from Ford Performance as one of their Authorized Distributors.

Ford Performance will be working on a solution for this to give our customers a little more assurance when they receive their item that it wasn't opened or tampered with.

If you guys have any other questions in the meantime please feel free to give us a shout.

Thanks!

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off I'd like to thank all of the members of the forum here for all of your orders. We appreciate you guys very much and hope you all get to enjoy all of the benefits this product has to offer.

On another note I want to address something that has come up a few times in emails sent in to our customer support email.

We have been receiving batches of these directly from Ford Performance and have realized that the clear sticker seal that keeps the box closed was broken on all of them. I spoke directly with my Ford Performance rep who has been awesome to deal with. He's the one that has helped us answer all of the questions you've been asking us in this thread so cheers to him! He explained that the devices come to them from another location where they are then opened up so that the Ford Performance voucher for tuning as well as the EO information can be included in it.

So for anyone that receives one of these from us and see's the sticker seal was broken on the packaging there's no need to worry. These are brand new units we purchase directly from Ford Performance as one of their Authorized Distributors.

Ford Performance will be working on a solution for this to give our customers a little more assurance when they receive their item that it wasn't opened or tampered with.

If you guys have any other questions in the meantime please feel free to give us a shout.

Thanks!
Getting mine installed at the dealer right now. Can any body tell me if the rev matching is already installed with the tune or is there a setting I need to turn on through the tuner box? Will give my butt dyne review on my way home. Thanks.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting mine installed at the dealer right now. Can any body tell me if the rev matching is already installed with the tune or is there a setting I need to turn on through the tuner box? Will give my butt dyne review on my way home. Thanks.
Can't help with your question, but if I may ask, how much is the dealer charging for install?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the instructions for toggling the rev matching are in the installation pdf.
the procal is not required for toggling once the tune is installed.

Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't help with your question, but if I may ask, how much is the dealer charging for install?
240$. Little pricy but only took an hour. whatever. Thing rips now for sure. and the rev matching is awesome.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

240$. Little pricy but only took an hour. whatever. Thing rips now for sure. and the rev matching is awesome.
$240 for that!?!
Nope. Not taking it to a dealer.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$240 for that!?!
Nope. Not taking it to a dealer.
If it's any consolation, and peace of mind... when they install it... you get some form of warranty with it...🤷‍♂️.... not sure what it covers... if it.doubles as a safety net, I'm not sure...

GypsyDRB

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just got a procal 4 software update. quick internet search didn't reveal anything...does anyone know if this is just bug fixes or more substantial?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's any consolation, and peace of mind... when they install it... you get some form of warranty with it...🤷‍♂️.... not sure what it covers... if it.doubles as a safety net, I'm not sure...
if installed by the dealer or an ASE certified shop, you are covered by 3/36k mile warranty so if the engine goes POP or other powertrain claim, you should be covered. If you install it yourself, there’s potential for dispute to get warranty coverage and you may end up coming out of pocket for a repair.

looks like By installing this, even by Ford Dealer, your power
train warranty is reduced from 5 years 60k to the 3 years 36k so it’s still a risk say your motor lets go in 4th year where it would have been covered if you stayed stock, you might have to pay to fix it if you have the FP tune.

I had the tuned installed regardless because having had multiple turbo cars, I can’t pass up a cheap 30 hp and 60 tq or whatever it is😀

Sponsored

Narrator

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr bAsEsQuAtCh
Your Bronco Model
Base
looks like By installing this, even by Ford Dealer, your power
train warranty is reduced from 5 years 60k to the 3 years 36k so it’s still a risk say your motor lets go in 4th year where it would have been covered if you stayed stock, you might have to pay to fix it if you have the FP tune.

I had the tuned installed regardless because having had multiple turbo cars, I can’t pass up a cheap 30 hp and 60 tq or whatever it is😀
Morning!

In regards to this statement, would you mind humoring me and tell me what your warranty page looks like on the Ford site now that you've done the tune? https://www.ford.com/support/warranty/

I'm interested to find out if they do actually remove the powertrain section. I've done a lot of searching and I can't seem to find a straight answer on that from any official source. If this does indeed invalidate the powertrain 5yr/60k, I would have expected Ford to state that explicitly in the FPP warranty pdf that has circulated here.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Morning!

In regards to this statement, would you mind humoring me and tell me what your warranty page looks like on the Ford site now that you've done the tune? https://www.ford.com/support/warranty/

I'm interested to find out if they do actually remove the powertrain section. I've done a lot of searching and I can't seem to find a straight answer on that from any official source. If this does indeed invalidate the powertrain 5yr/60k, I would have expected Ford to state that explicitly in the FPP warranty pdf that has circulated here.
The Warranty page isn‘t a document that changes for each owner and your warranty doesn’t technically change, just what may be covered should damage occur after installing Ford Performance product. This is under the Ford Performance Limited Warranty.

“Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48025, provides a Limited Warranty on select Ford Performance Parts and as described herein when installed on late model Ford vehicles. This warranty works in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. It is valid for the original retail purchaser of the vehicle and is transferable to subsequent vehicle owners.
Performance Packs and Component Parts
Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or endorsed by the Red Seal Program (RSE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Ford Performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.”

link to full doc:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

Narrator

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr bAsEsQuAtCh
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Warranty page isn‘t a document that changes for each owner and your warranty doesn’t technically change
Huh? Are you logged in? Check out this screenshot, they've got all the active warranty types with dates specific to my vehicle. I just wanted to know if yours changed at all. Like I said, I read the FPP warranty paperwork and it makes zero mention of the powertrain 5yr so I was curious as to how you arrived at that conclusion.

warrantypage.JPG

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh? Are you logged in? Check out this screenshot, they've got all the active warranty types with dates specific to my vehicle. I just wanted to know if yours changed at all. Like I said, I read the FPP warranty paperwork and it makes zero mention of the powertrain 5yr so I was curious as to how you arrived at that conclusion.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.3L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance warrantypage.JPG
No, there is no change to my info on ford.com or Fordpass app and there wouldnt be because it doesn’t change your warranty, only supplies a Limited Warranty which covers you for damage caused by the Ford Performance part during the Ford Performance Limited warranty period which is 3yrs/36k miles.

After the 3 years, it would be like any other aftermarket part and if it causes damage , you may have to pay whereas if you left it stock and the same damage occurred, you would likely be covered up to 5 years under the power train warranty.

Narrator

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr bAsEsQuAtCh
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, there is no change to my info on ford.com or Fordpass app and there wouldnt be because it doesn’t change your warranty, only supplies a Limited Warranty which covers you for damage caused by the Ford Performance part during the Ford Performance Limited warranty period which is 3yrs/36k miles.

After the 3 years, it would be like any other aftermarket part and if it causes damage , you may have to pay whereas if you left it stock and the same damage occurred, you would likely be covered up to 5 years under the power train warranty.
Thanks for checking, and for the insight. Never owned a Ford, or a vehicle with a warranty for that matter. Seems very much up to dealer/shop discretion as to determining causality for potential damage from the tune. Guess I need to make friends with the service guys at the dealer..
Sponsored