Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I think this is 100% a troll video...
That seems ... optimistic. Being posted on the official Ford account means this is going to troll and confuse potential customers. I'm sure FIAT is capable of paying some spy photographer to get pics and videos of the real deal with a truck load of money if they want it. This video is aimed at us.

... we already know the IFS on the front of this isnā€™t final, itā€™s ranger carryover.
Oh really? How do we know that?
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That seems ... optimistic. Being posted on the official Ford account means this is going to troll and confuse potential customers. I'm sure FIAT is capable of paying some spy photographer to get pics and videos of the real deal with a truck load of money if they want it. This video is aimed at us.

Oh really? How do we know that?
-Teocali said the Bronco will have better suspension numbers than the Ranger Raptor... this IFS certainly isn't getting that.
-The press release literally says "powertrain and chassis" testing
-My source at Ford told me that this mule is powertrain/ chassis mule all those months ago
-The front suspension has zero camo on it... when the rear does. Why would they camo the rear suspension but not the front, when the front is arguably way more important?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-Teocali said the Bronco will have better suspension numbers than the Ranger Raptor... this IFS certainly isn't getting that. ...
No, he didn't. He said about two years ago they were targeting better numbers, but he hasn't been privy to what they actually accomplished since then.

-The press release literally says "powertrain and chassis" testing
How does that tell you where the suspension parts came from, or if any of them are shared with Bronco?

-The front suspension has zero camo on it... when the rear does. Why would they camo the rear suspension but not the front, when the front is arguably way more important?
They aren't making an effort to hide something that isn't a secret. Body, secret, hide that. New rear suspension, secret, hide that. Front suspension, same old shit, don't bother.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I 100% think they put that tire lifting in there because they knew Jeep would notice it.

So why show it off-roading? To maybe help try and keep Jeep occupied a little longer, make them analyze this video and waste time when there is nothing to actually see. I think this is 100% a troll video, we already know the IFS on the front of this isnā€™t final, itā€™s ranger carryover.

because Ford likes messing with our heads I still think the video is the baby bronco not the Bronco.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
because Ford likes messing with our heads I still think the video is the baby bronco not the Bronco.
This is definitely not the case. The solid rear axle alone confirms that, the baby Bronco will be independent front and rear.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, he didn't. He said about two years ago they were targeting better numbers, but he hasn't been privy to what they actually accomplished since then.

How does that tell you where the suspension parts came from, or if any of them are shared with Bronco?

They aren't making an effort to hide something that isn't a secret. Body, secret, hide that. New rear suspension, secret, hide that. Front suspension, same old shit, don't bother.
Only time will tell.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm wondering, and this may be a stretch, since they mentioned it. Do we see the camo-bronco prototype debut at KOH?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering, and this may be a stretch, since they mentioned it. Do we see the camo-bronco prototype debut at KOH?
I'm sure its no coincidence that they're doing it in Johnson Valley, and even mention KOH, but this demonstration isn't very inspiring regarding a potential KOH competitor.

KOH2020.jpg

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda weird that they would even highlight the Frankenbronco. That thing has always been quite the ugly duckling. Seeing it in some picturesque shots was kind of comical.

Still cool to see Ford slowly hyping the Bronco up. Not really sure how much we can take from this though. The back suspension looked flexy. Who knows if the front is what weā€™re getting. Hope not. Iā€™d like to see more flex then that.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
-Teocali said the Bronco will have better suspension numbers than the Ranger Raptor... this IFS certainly isn't getting that.
Wondering how new Bronc is getting better than RR travel without being even wider?
Thought I had vid of RR on tight trail, but it was F150 Raptor. I couldn't find any vid of
a RR on a tight trail really.

Interesting vid of just sand hills @ low speeds showing travel. RR does not have available lockers?

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Who knows if the front is what weā€™re getting. Hope not. Iā€™d like to see more flex then that.
Several reviewers of the Ranger have noted that it has a very stiff chassis with little flex, and from this video that seems to have carried over to the Frankenranger Bronco mule. That's fine, it makes sense that a fully boxed frame designed for a worldwide pickup is going to be stiff and rugged, but that means the articulation, if its going ot happen, has to come from the suspension ... and this definitely does not have much, just like the sad pics of Everest...

2016-Ford-Everest-Cutout-7-990x660.jpg

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
Wondering how new Bronc is getting better than RR travel without being even wider?
Thought I had vid of RR on tight trail, but it was F150 Raptor. I couldn't find any vid of
a RR on a tight trail really.

Interesting vid of just sand hills @ low speeds showing travel. RR does not have available lockers?

Nice job posting up that video because it points out how Ford will target this vehicle. That RR did it and it just had to work a little harder. If they give us an adaptable platforn we all can win with what we want. The aftermarket & Ford can offer products designed to enhance the vehicles capabilities for what the end user wants. Then they're going right at jeep and all the adaptability the wrangler offers but bear in mind you will be getting a better power plant and more comfort in the ride and those are two big factors that influence sales and that's what drives the whole enchilada. IF they offer it here with an oil burner they may pick up more market share in the overlanding segment. Just thinking outside the box but our market has predisposed bias against diesels so it most likely isn't an option. Of course they could just offer bigger tank capacity for the range and do it for less money to keep us happy and avoid more government regulation and that's the way I think they'll go. Then we have the carrot that knowing that Bronco Raptor is out there it only wets ones appetite to see more. The teaser video did a good job and Ox Dangled another carrot by bringing the RR clearly into the picture. Top Recon's Bronco R rendering brings it all around with the potential formula for a vehicle that will definitely be multiuse or specific use as the end user desires. Now it's up to Ford to deliver that adaptable platform to make it happen with looks that will kill and then the bean counters can sit back and smile and the design & engineering guys will know they made it happen and the end result could be one of Fords biggest selling vehicles of all time. Oh sorry I kind of get a little excited sometimes thinking about what could be with an SUV with so much potential if Ford gives us the Bronco we know they can make to take us where we want to go, in the sand, in the mud, on the rocks, on the highway, across our back roads allowing us hours of pleasure doing what we like driving a damn nice Bronco in the fresh air enjoying life with your friends and family.
Sponsored