Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t want Alexa in my bronco. I have no interest in Amazon listening to every word I say and tracking me every place I go. FYI my buddy is a IT cyber security expert and says don’t have those. If they control the locks, hackers can unlock your doors or lock you out and control anything they are connected to.
I disagree. Alexa runs on AWS (their home brewed cloud service). Amazon pumps a LOT of money into their cloud services, and from a financial standpoint... it's the cornerstone of their business strategy.

There's NO WAY a hacker will care to crack the AWS system just so they can hack into your 50k SUV. A hacker with that skill is trying to bring down governments, not steal your car
Sponsored

Last edited:

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's shocking that people are hating on this from a privacy perspective, when none of us have any containment of our privacy. You'd be shocked to know what Ford, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple and every other company out there already knows about you.

Opting out of this technology will have zero effect on your ability to retain your privacy.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There's NO WAY a hacker will care to crack the AWS system just so they can hack into your 50k SUV. A hacker with that skill is trying to bring down governments, not steal your car
I beg to differ lol

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t want this

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's shocking that people are hating on this from a privacy perspective, when none of us have any containment of our privacy. You'd be shocked to know what Ford, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple and every other company out there already knows about you.

Opting out of this technology will have zero effect on your ability to retain your privacy.
Not to mention all the companies that track your purchases and that sell that data. There are tons of companies that share this info with each other.
https://www.fastcompany.com/9049092...ide-the-next-phase-of-surveillance-capitalism

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where's my Bronco the hell with Alexa

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feeling lazy... not checking the entire thread yet... anyone do this guy?

I’d rather have this guy as a copilot. He may kill astronauts, and he has no megalomaniacal ambitions to take over the world.
“Open the soft-top panels, HAL...”
AABDC262-9C93-4589-A72A-05415F0FF3C3.gif
I'm sorry Ezra. I'm afraid I cannot do that.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree. Alexa runs on AWS (their home brewed cloud service). Amazon pumps a LOT of money into their cloud services, and from a financial standpoint... it's the cornerstone of their business strategy.

I really hate the basis of this argument. If you try to prove your case by narrowing down the scope to just "me and my bronco" you've already missed the point. I do not want that POS data collection system that provides me no personal value whatsoever in my place of solitude and escape, period.

If a company can make this adjustment over the air without needing to manually install the upgrades then they should then make this an option for the end user, which would certainly appease most everyone on both sides of the fence from this thread.

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Visiting Ford.com, in itself, subjects you to 26 tracking pixels with 20 of those being advertising related where your data is co-mingled and sold. If you're really worried about your privacy, Alexa in your Bronco is the least of your worries.

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update This Fall Will Bring Alexa to the Bronco Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 12.01.37 PM

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really hate the basis of this argument. If you try to prove your case by narrowing down the scope to just "me and my bronco" you've already missed the point. I do not want that POS data collection system that provides me no personal value whatsoever in my place of solitude and escape, period.

If a company can make this adjustment over the air without needing to manually install the upgrades then they should then make this an option for the end user, which would certainly appease most everyone on both sides of the fence from this thread.
As with all things alexa enabled, you need to opt in. This is entirely optional. Sorry I thought that was obvious but I guess if you're a consumer who avoids "all things alexa", you wouldn't know that .

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As with all things alexa enabled, you need to opt in. This is entirely optional. Sorry I thought that was obvious but I guess if you're a consumer who avoids "all things alexa", you wouldn't know that .
You're right, I'll trust Amazon to hold their end of the bargain by being transparent.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update This Fall Will Bring Alexa to the Bronco peanut

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

p.s. F that. No Alexa for me.