RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
are you sure? installation cost for brake controller is $252. Doesn't sound like simple plug and play...
The brake controller is plug and play (the button or dial needs to be mounted.
The trailer control module ( what is the lumen package) could be $250.

The lumen tow package is a great value (my opinion) as it is essentially what you get from the factory, and cheaper than you could buy the parts individually, look at my post when I did it for this was available.

The FDRS programing changes could also be done via forscan with the correct settings.
I did did confirm this by adding and removing the tow programming via FDRS and seeing the changes made in the asbuild.
Sponsored

SuperFLY91

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WT Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m assuming your are talking about the 4 pin not the 7 pin with the 4 pin correct?
I got a 4-pin harness, and I use a 4 to 7 pin adapter depending on what I'm towing. There are 7-pin harnesses available though.

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I got a 4-pin harness, and I use a 4 to seven pin adapter depending on what I'm towing. There are 7-pin harnesses available though.
The issue is going from a 4 pin to a 7 pin through an adapter still only gives you lights, brake lights, and turn signals. Same as going from a 7 pin to a 4 through an adapter.

SuperFLY91

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WT Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The issue is going from a 4 pin to a 7 pin through an adapter still only gives you lights, brake lights, and turn signals. Same as going from a 7 pin to a 4 through an adapter.
I guess that depends on what you are towing. I have a separate Bluetooth brake controller, but I never use it towing light loads. With only a 3500 lb limit, I doubt I'll ever use it with the Bronco. I don't have a need to send 12v to the trailer for anything, so 4-pin is good to go for me.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still struggling to find lots of practical use for 7 pin tbh. Most trailers use 4 pin or no?

Sponsored

SuperFLY91

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WT Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still struggling to find lots of practical use for 7 pin tbh. Most trailers use 4 pin or no?
Some bigger new trailers are 7 pin only, but that's where a 4 to 7 pin adapter does the trick.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's the setup that Ford is charging $252 to install. Looks simple to install, except maybe finding the right spot for what I think is the sensitivity control knob.
For anyone who has installed this, where did you install the knob?

Herb

trailer.JPG

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

SuperFLY91

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WT Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like it could be mounted in the factory location, just right of the headlight knob??

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I guess that depends on what you are towing. I have a separate Bluetooth brake controller, but I never use it towing light loads. With only a 3500 lb limit, I doubt I'll ever use it with the Bronco. I don't have a need to send 12v to the trailer for anything, so 4-pin is good to go for me.
Most trailers today over 2.5k have electric brakes. Over 3k it’s required. As long as you have a brake controller, you are good. Just putting the information out here as many don’t seem to understand why you need a 7 pin.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It looks like it could be mounted in the factory location, just right of the headlight knob??
Some put it in the console next to the window switches.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Most trailers over 2.5k is a 7 pin now except those with hydraulic surge brakes like the big 4 wheeled u hauls.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed my Curt 4-Pin wiring yesterday and am at Gosch Ford Escondido this morning ot have the 4/7-pin kit installed. The instructions look like it has two mounting plates, one to put the plug in that OEM hitch location off the left, and another bracket for aftermarket hitches.

Will drop a note in here on total time and cost. I had initially also ordered the OEM hitch but it went to backorder.
Sponsored