First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Contact has been made with Multimatic to get an allocation. My buddy and I will probably dump our Raptors for the DR. We definitely plan to race it. I’ll let you know how it goes.
I will visit and run the barbecue and cooler for your shop when it arrives, no charge.
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You think people are going to actually buy these? A $250,000+ bronco that is not street legal and was beat last year by the SCG Boot. I know I'd buy a SCG Boot over a Bronco if I lived in the southwest and was in the market for a $250K off road vehicle.
People doesn't buy this kind of things. People WITH MONEY make lines to buy this kind of thing.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok are you telling me putting a v8, new transmission, tires and suspension costs $200k. Seriously.
You really have no idea on how pricey can be the high performance parts market.

Reactions: RG7

gooby

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i M-Sport, Black-Diamond 7SPD on Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks like they're aiming directly at Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus's "Boot", which is a STREET LEGAL re-release of Steve McQueen's Baja Racer. Similarly priced at $258,750, it will be stiff competition for those that intend to compete.
Glickenhaus-5.jpg

Steve%2BMcQueen%2BBaja%2BBoot%2B1.jpg

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Reveals Bronco DR; Production Desert Racer With Coyote V8 1635863492309

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So the independent front suspension is for better on road driving, but ford made a non street legal bronco with a V8. Seems like a double wasted opportunity.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

" Purpose-built and turnkey, Bronco DR – Desert Racer – is intended for off-road use only. "

Sooooooo..... mid 200k and you can't even drive it down the street?

Honestly though, this seems like trolling on ford's part in that, they'll release this at its disposable income up the wazoo pricing, say "sorry its just a limited rare pet project", only to release a more pedestrian version in a few years as the top trim option later...

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe the ordering process will be fixed around then too

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sidenote, I'm not just enduring the delay, but they also did my order wrong and now i'm basically on a hope and prayer they fix it....

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You really have no idea on how pricey can be the high performance parts market.
I was doing some rough numbers in my head and assuming you started with a 4Door base I was figuring around 150-175k to do most of this yourself. Most medium to large scale teams have the skill to build these from what I've seen.

I think the big draw here for the teams looking to do this is the marketing. Ford is going to try and market the shit out of this. I would expect to see a couple at Baja next year but likely not many if you're looking at a mid summer for start of delivery there isn't much time for testing/shake down. You'll probably see a few but not many. I'd expect the following Baja to have a ton of them and many of the other organizations to see them showing up here and there for testing. All of the desert racing organizations in CA/NV/Baja are going to benefit from this a lot.
Sponsored