Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This email did so much more damage than good. Such an own-goal by Ford and 100% avoidable.
Sponsored

1TNgirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel your pain, but hard to feel sorry for you. I have a folder full of disappointment emails. I received mine on day 1,008. WORTH IT!!

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also received the email telling me they wanted to give me a update on my Bronco Badlands order. Huh, I didn't have a BL order, I had a WT order. I bought a abandoned order WT a few months back and canceled my WT order with the dealer, don't know if they actually canceled the order and don't really care but I found it funny that Ford was telling me about my BL order.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I believe this is happening as a deliberate way to avoid price protection certificates, which all expire in early July.

Supply chain constraints have eased and many of us (me included) saw our modules pop in Michigan months ago.

$2.5k x a big number of broncos = an even bigger number of dollars, concurrent with Ford’s margins shrinking as a result of rate increases, inflation and the unprofitable EV capital they have burnt the last few years. Thomas j Henry
Correct.

Those new orders don't have thousands of dollars in price protection that expires soon. It makes sense to let those orders die and have the buyer reorder at the new, much higher price. All the while redirecting resources to new orders that bring in much higher profit.

IMHO, the email is sign that Ford see a near future where interest the Bronco wanes and they must do something without looking desperate.

The new offerings from Toyota for example are likely to be plan B for many impatient order holders.

So an email to order holders keeps them on the hook in an attempt to keep them from switching brands for as long as possible.
The PP "expires" every quarter, but Ford extends it again each time. It won't actually expire until the MY24 rollover. All these built but not shipped Broncos are MY23s and technically if you have a VIN already, that's a MY23 too. I would be really worried if I had PP but didn't have a VIN yet

Ford knows that if people lose their PP, then most 9f those orders are getting cancelled.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Ford leadership right now, but I do think it's mostly incompetentance, not malignancy.

Also, there is a big difference between the Bronco supply chain vs the wrangler and F150 because those have well established supply chains and demand expectations but the Bronco was launched during the pandemic, so the supply chain was still getting established.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

... we'll let you know that we still can't build your Bronco.

Sry for the click-bait.

The last time I chatted with Ford, at the end I was asked “What can we do to serve you better?”

My answer was “schedule and build my Bronco soon”.

This is their response..
Screenshot_20230616-172618.png
lol
I wonder what parts are causing back-ups? I seem to see alot of non-SAS Outer Banks being delivered . . .

Sponsored

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
C'mon Ford. I'm trying to stay pumped, but all
I got was an email ! Where's the Swag ?

Haha. Swag? I haven’t gotten shit. Day one reservation holder still having hope of getting one of these damn bronco’s.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In otherwords....every 45 days we are going to send you an email to upset you all over again.

This has been going on now for over three years....will there be an end to these supply chain issues?

BenWaiting41

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW I4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You would best be served by taking a break from reading the doom/gloom on the forums. While some have experienced issues, the vast majority have not. Those that have issues have taken the time to vent on public forums. Others are out enjoying their Bronco.
I’m good. I’m waiting just like everyone else. I was just stating an opinion based on the multiple recalls and do not drives that have occurred over the last 3 years. Ford is a massive company. They don’t need defending. People should not be discouraged from voicing their concern. After all, it’s a forum. I’m glad you’re enjoying your bronco. I can’t wait to get mines.

60sIron

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This email pushed me the last bit over the edge. I bought a Bronco off the lot today (an abandoned special order). This one is very close to my order except Hot Pepper instead of Green and no tow

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m good. I’m waiting just like everyone else. I was just stating an opinion based on the multiple recalls and do not drives that have occurred over the last 3 years. Ford is a massive company. They don’t need defending. People should not be discouraged from voicing their concern. After all, it’s a forum. I’m glad you’re enjoying your bronco. I can’t wait to get mines.
My intention wasn't trying to defend Ford. Just that if you read these forums one might think that you can't drive in the rain with the wiper issue or the 2.7 is a ticking time bomb. Not saying that people haven't had real issues. But rather they are a very small subset of owners.

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey @Ford.

Me again. Yeah, how about you assign the same people who are flooding the market with unsold and stockpiled F150’s to right the ship with the Maverick and Bronco line. Just a thought. You don’t seem to have any sourcing problems with the truck line, now do ya?

In manufacturing, if it doesn’t work, try a new hammer….

Your Best Pal,
Doug

Last edited:

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was “produced” on 4/15. Already bought one off the lot.

BenWaiting41

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW I4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My intention wasn't trying to defend Ford. Just that if you read these forums one might think that you can't drive in the rain with the wiper issue or the 2.7 is a ticking time bomb. Not saying that people haven't had real issues. But rather they are a very small subset of owners.
I’m getting my bronco. Lemon or not. Lol. I’ve always loved them. I once owned an expedition and took it to over 250k miles. The tune ups were pricey, due to motor configuration, but it lasted a long time.

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got this info from Customer Service Chat

Thank you so much for patiently waiting, Ken. According to my system, your vehicle primary status shows In Production and your secondary vehicle status shows Produced. Also, the lasted known vehicle location is Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI. Furthermore, I am showing an ETA for your vehicle order on Jun-21-2023 through Jun-27-2023. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
I’m exactly the same. Also, I’ve found that calling ford main line and them transferring to me to the marketing team has provided me with the best updates and most detailed updates and information. Although chat told me today mine is also produced and at Ford MI assembly plant, when I spoke with marketing the day before, they gave me more info. They said it moved to Canton, MI which I think is a holding area before being picked up by a truck for delivery. Hopefully delivered soon! Chat provides some info but unlike marketing, doesn’t have access to much information like price protection offers or updates on delivery/shipping status. Calling is best IMO and it’s actually quite quick.

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m exactly the same. Also, I’ve found that calling ford main line and them transferring to me to the marketing team has provided me with the best updates and most detailed updates and information. Although chat told me today mine is also produced and at Ford MI assembly plant, when I spoke with marketing the day before, they gave me more info. They said it moved to Canton, MI which I think is a holding area before being picked up by a truck for delivery. Hopefully delivered soon! Chat provides some info but unlike marketing, doesn’t have access to much information like price protection offers or updates on delivery/shipping status. Calling is best IMO and it’s actually quite quick.
Last week my salesman communicated mine was in Canton ( I’m assuming that’s a good sign it’s moved away from MAP? ) waiting to be put on rail as well. Blend date 6/1, modules and tear tag on 6/2. Haven’t had any updates for a week until the commodity email from Ford last night. I emailed salesman about this morning and still showing a 6/30 ETA to me in Oregon
Sponsored