Sponsored

Supply chain is just an excuse, your dealer allocations are the reason you're waiting

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Taking delivery of my Ford Maverick later this month. From initial order to delivery, the wait time will have been just 3-months.

Meanwhile, people with builds with less constraints (no tow hitch, no 360, no bed cover) are still waiting on their trucks 12+ months later.

The supply chain shit is maybe 10-20% of the equation at this point. I'm convinced that the ONLY reason some people have 1-2 year old orders is because of dealers with HUGE order books and tiny allocations.

Anyways. I'm going to try and find a dealer with allocations for Bronco and place another deposit. About 16 months since my initial reservation now, tired of waiting.
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's both. Supply chain issues is a real problem in the overall issue. Allocations are an issue for comparable builds. This is a result of many things being shut down for 2 years.
The company I work for was unable to get hydraulic oil for about 4 months from its main supplier and had to produce a new product and packaging with different suppliers.
That being said, Ford really screwed up by letting stripped dealer orders jump many reservation holders which only aggravated the parts shortage issue even further, but they had to make something to sell rather than bleed money.
Six of one, half dozen of another, pick your poison.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do know that your only options right now are to buy or wait to order? And if you wait to order you’re still looking at even more waiting.

OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do know that your only options right now are to buy or wait to order? And if you wait to order you’re still looking at even more waiting.
Try again. This doesn't make sense.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try again. This doesn't make sense.
Order banks are closed till Feb-Mar. So either wait for yours, buy off the lot somewhere, or order another when ordering is available again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Order banks are closed till Feb-Mar. So either wait for yours, buy off the lot somewhere, or order another when ordering is available again.
Yeah, no shit. I'm not getting rid of my old order, but I'm betting placing a new order a different dealer might get me my Bronco faster. It's VERY clear Ford does not prioritize older orders at this point.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK. (y)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Taking delivery of my Ford Maverick later this month. From initial order to delivery, the wait time will have been just 3-months.
Hybrid or Eco-boost? Behind the scenes, Ford is basically treating the two engines as separate order banks.

Most people I know who ordered the eco-boost got theirs in about 4 months, and hybrids in 9-12.

With Bronco, the issue is still the MIC top, because they never invested in enough tooling. Nobody is waiting 2+ years on a squishy-top.

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I placed a reservation in Nov. 2020 and converted it into an order at a below invoice dealer in Jan. 2021. When I learned that dealer allocation is a key factor in getting a build date, I placed a completely identical order in Jan. 2022 at a high volume dealer in NY that gave me MSRP in writing. Picked up my rig from the high volume dealer last week and was even able to apply my price protection certificate from SmartVincent. The below invoice dealer order still didn’t have a build date before the 2023 conversion. My build had a couple constraints too!

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The MIC top has been a huge constraint since the beginning and other options have obviously ben constrained as well.

My July 2020 reservation ordered in January of 2021 is finally being built but is currently sitting in Michigan on chip hold.

In December of 2021 I got impatient and placed a 2nd order with the same dealer and deleted MIC, Sasquatch, and tow. It arrived at my dealer only 123 days later.

Allocations matter but in my case dropping the hard top and Sasquatch mattered a lot more by shortening my order to delivery time from over 700 days to 123 days. Medium large dealership in the Minneapolis area for both orders.

My 2021 is an OBX/2.7/LUX/Leather and if my 2023 ever arrives it adds Sasquatch and HD modular.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with the OP just a bit more vague. We have seen all sorts of line jumping with the CF and it all has to do with dealer favoritism and allocation.

Basically had Ford kept its word and gone by reservation order, sure there would have been a few delayed for a short bit because of a chip shortage or something, but people that had reservations the first week would have had other Broncos by now... Guaranteed.

There's no way in hell you can have people waiting 3 or 4 years to get their Broncos because Ford claims it's a supply issue while they continue to build.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At the risk of pissing off those who've waited forever.....

My reservation was March 2021 but I didn't finally place my order until Oct 2022. Received my 12/12 week build email early Nov and I should have the Bronco beginning of January. Idk if I just got extremely lucky or if I happened to get a great dealer with the allocations.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. My company is part of the supply chain. Everything from raw materials to finished goods have been challenging. For our main materials we typically have 6-8 material manufacturers and suppliers. In the past we would shop for the best price. Today we shop for who has inventory or the shortest lead time. To say that the supply chain issue is accounting for 10-20% of the issues is a joke. On the up side we are starting to see some improvement. Not much but some. My best guess is another year before supply issues balance out. Pricing will remain high.

OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. My company is part of the supply chain. Everything from raw materials to finished goods have been challenging. For our main materials we typically have 6-8 material manufacturers and suppliers. In the past we would shop for the best price. Today we shop for who has inventory or the shortest lead time. To say that the supply chain issue is accounting for 10-20% of the issues is a joke. On the up side we are starting to see some improvement. Not much but some. My best guess is another year before supply issues balance out. Pricing will remain high.
Fun fact, your company isn't representative of Ford's supply chain for the Bronco program.

Are their constraints? Yes. Is it the reason people with DAY 1 reservations don't have their Broncos yet? Not a chance.
Sponsored