Sponsored

Ford sway bar disconnect installed on my OBX.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since this appears to be the latest post on the retrofit installation topic I’ll include a link to a recent post of folks looking to effectively REMOVE their factory disconnect systems (some are participating in this thread) and ask if their factory system is for sale?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

which sensors would throw a flag as being disconnected if only the power leads were transferred over to the up-fitter switch and the others left as-is?
There are two pressure sensors on the sbd. I would assume if they show outside of the set parameters at any time it would throw a warning on the dash. Same if you just unplugged them if your bronco came from the factory with the sbd. Since the OBX doesn’t come with it the computer knows nothing.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

which sensors would throw a flag as being disconnected if only the power leads were transferred over to the up-fitter switch and the others left as-is?
Like 21OBX mentioned, other trims besides the Badlands/FE/HEL, have no check-sum to compare against the as-built profile. Retrofitting the SBD to other trims just requires a power source and ground. The pressure sensor(s) are left unconnected. The SBD works under any condition (as long as there is power) whereas the Badlands/FE/HEL has the nannies preventing use over 20mph and restricts use to only 4H/4L.

You can read and watch the tutorial that @Figmo posted back in May. He demonstrates the working solenoids with only the 12 volt power source with the SBD on a set of workhorses.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, if i'm starting with a BL and transfer the power leads to an up fitter switch and leave the other sensors hooked up as-built,
what's throwing a flag if i haven't activated via the up fitter switch?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, if i'm starting with a BL and transfer the power leads to an up fitter switch and leave the other sensors hooked up as-built,
what's throwing a flag if i haven't activated via the up fitter switch?
Maybe the pressure sensors but I'm not sure what they actually do.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe the pressure sensors but I'm not sure what they actually do.
I think the pressure sensors alluded to in Figmo's breakdown of the wiring harness is a simple trigger to send back and used as a check-sum for the respective nannies built into the Badlands/FE/HEL. They obviously aren't needed for the functionality of the SBD by itself.
Sponsored