Sponsored

Ford Warranty - 3 year stock vs 7 year extended?

nic_papagiorgio

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi e-tron
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked up my basequatch and I opted for the 7 year after I was told there was a $3000 instant rebate and then an additional $500 discount for Costco and AAA memberships.

long story short - was a I bamboozled? is the 3 year fine or was dropping $4400 on the "more coverage" 7 year a good deal?

My wife seems to think I was hosed. Please help me understand as I have a small window to cancel the coverage and get my money back.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just picked up my basequatch and I opted for the 7 year after I was told there was a $3000 instant rebate and then an additional $500 discount for Costco and AAA memberships.

long story short - was a I bamboozled? is the 3 year fine or was dropping $4400 on the "more coverage" 7 year a good deal?

My wife seems to think I was hosed. Please help me understand as I have a small window to cancel the coverage and get my money back.
Call Granger. They were doing the extended warranty at near their cost.

EndlezWaltz

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also speak with a service manager if you can to have them better explain the options you got.
note there are a few perks that come with adding the ford esp on top of the base warranty from fact.
one being if base only covers 3 days rental for warranty repairs and you have the esp with the 10 day option you can use the other days during the base repair. Seen it, have used it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8 year 100k miles $100 deductible, right around $1,670 with Granger.

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow. The same happened to us. $3,900.00. Found out that we were getting hosed, canceled, and got the extended warranty with Granger. $1,045.00.

OP
OP
nic_papagiorgio

nic_papagiorgio

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi e-tron
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow. The same happened to us. $3,900.00. Found out that we were getting hosed, canceled, and got the extended warranty with Granger. $1,045.00.
yep. i'm going back to the dealer tomorrow and cancelling. will check out granger. thanks for your story!

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yep. i'm going back to the dealer tomorrow and cancelling. will check out granger. thanks for your story!
Save your money. Cancel and buy nothing. Your vehicle comes with a 3 year 36k bumper to bumper along with 5 year 60k drivetrain coverage. Fear sells and so do discount internet dealers. How did that work out for the 1200 order holders? I got some land in Florida if your interested…

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@nic_papagiorgio

An extended warranty on vehicle design that is new to the market and one that has lots of tech in it is a good idea. These things get expensive to fix once past the 3 year, 36k mile warranty, the length of which is short these days. One repair bill can cover the cost of the that extended warranty. It sounds like your dealer sold you a third party warranty since it had some type of rebate and discount for Costco and AAA. I am unaware of Ford offering such discounts on the Ford ESP Premium Protect extended warranty. As some have pointed out, cancel that warranty through the dealer.

Price a Ford ESP Premium Protect factory extended warranty through one the 3 major dealers selling online. Flood Ford ESP and Ziegler Ford ESP have been Ford dealers doing this online the longest. They both give you quotes online. Grainger requires calling them to get a quote. Compare all 3 because they will differ slightly in price but be relatively close and so much cheaper than most Ford dealers. When I did mine, Ziegler gave a nice discount for paying in full. If you have Ford Points, you can apply those to offset some of the cost. Make sure to add on the lights coverage (LED replacement lights are pricey), key FOB coverage and first day rental coverage. Super inexpensive add-ons that save you money down the road. In fact, for the $20 for first rental coverage, if you take your Bronco in now for warranty service the dealer has to give your a loaner even if it's just for the afternoon. Cheap perk I have already benefited from. Otherwise, under the normal warranty the threshold is like several days in the shop before they give you a loaner covered by Ford (of course, your dealer may provide one as a courtesy but I don't see that much with the Ford vehicle market). There are a bunch of threads on here regarding the extended warranties if you need more research and input from folks. Links below to Zeigler and Flood.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Granger thread - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-protect-extended-service-plan-50-over-cost.37719/

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Save your money. Cancel and buy nothing. Your vehicle comes with a 3 year 36k bumper to bumper along with 5 year 60k drivetrain coverage. Fear sells and so do discount internet dealers. How did that work out for the 1200 order holders? I got some land in Florida if your interested…
I disagree with buying nothing on a first year truck with unknown history, but each of us is capable of assessing our personal risk tolerance. I’m capable of paying for whatever repairs come my way, but I believe the vehicle may incur more in repairs during the term than the cost of the warranty. I’ve been in the black on every extended warranty I’ve purchased to date with the warranty paying at least 2x it’s cost, some on my VW’s paid 4-7x the cost of the warranty in repairs. One or two out of warranty electrical repairs will likely cover the $1955 I paid for the 8/100 warranty with $50 deductible, LED, and key coverage. I’d be more inclined to roll the dice on a Base, but my Badlands High had all kinds of electronics to break.

I will point out that the warranty can be purchased for $100 more between 12,000 miles and when the 3/36 warranty expires. I bought back in January before the published price increase and saved 8%. I also wanted to lock it in before inflation gets a hold of the number and drives it up farther.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Add the lighting option and it is more than worth it. The cost of the warranty would probably cover the cost of a new set of headlights or taillights. IMO the piece of mind of having everything covered on a new vehicle with issues yet to come to light is worth the cost.