Sponsored

Ford-Webasto MIC Fiasco . . Who believes 'November FIX' ?

Will Ford-Webasto be shipping reliable, quality MIC Hardtops by end of 2021 ?

• YES

Votes: 257 38.0%
  • NO

Votes: 420 62.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is currently conducting real world and simulated testing on the revised roof made from production molds instead of the preproduction molds used for the testing on the previous roof. My source within Ford, which I'm sorry I cannot reveal for confidential reasons, feels extremely confident the dates will hold.
man, the naysayers don't wanna hear that!
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It depends what they changing but they well need to redo the CAD tooling for

my point is you trying to say ford stoped making hard tops so the can make new tooling just so they can make the hard tops faster and you say this when we all got emails from Ford and some from there dealers telling us why and it had nothing to do with making them fast , I am sure sense they got to be down they working on that to .
If people had just listened to what PremierDrum wrote in the first installment, they'd know what issues Ford is working on. He's as close to Ford as you can get. Still, some want to believe the page after page of speculators instead of the person that knows what's going on.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If people had just listened to what PremierDrum wrote in the first installment, they'd know what issues Ford is working on. He's as close to Ford as you can get. Still, some want to believe the page after page of speculators instead of the person that knows what's going on.
so you saying the emails that Ford them self sent to everyone who placed a order and to ever dealership is speculation and we all should believe this one guy .And who is this guy we all should believe .

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It depends what they changing but they well need to redo the CAD tooling for

my point is you trying to say ford stoped making hard tops so the can make new tooling just so they can make the hard tops faster and you say this when we all got emails from Ford and some from there dealers telling us why and it had nothing to do with making them fast , I am sure sense they got to be down they working on that to .
Never said that. I never remember reading about a 6g Member talking to a Ford Engineer about making Hard Tops faster. The info I was talking about happened well over a year ago and well before anyone new of the defective hard top. :)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is clear that Ford and Webasto are spending tens of millions on improving this process. If the equipment and new tooling gets in place in September, there are plenty of reasons to think substantial improvement can be achieved in a very short amount of time.
Because they obviously did such a great job durability testing it the first time, this rushed second time around will be flawless?

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it’s more of a Ford mess than a Webasto mess. Ford redesigned the top, which itself is an admittance that the first design was faulty…
Ford designed the MIC top, ford sent the approval for the CAD drawing spects to webasto. Webasto is responsible for producing the product under the requirements, but it’s Ford responsibility to Audit and approve first run data that should include material thickness and stress tests.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford designed the MIC top, ford sent the approval for the CAD drawing spects to webasto. Webasto is responsible for producing the product under the requirements, but it’s Ford responsibility to Audit and approve first run data that should include material thickness and stress tests.
Which is where COVID got in the way. Just my speculation.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because they obviously did such a great job durability testing it the first time, this rushed second time around will be flawless?
Kind of like Microsoft Windows 95 and 98.... LOL.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never said that. I never remember reading about a 6g Member talking to a Ford Engineer about making Hard Tops faster. The info I was talking about happened well over a year ago and well before anyone new of the defective hard top. :)
year ago ,not sure what you talking about but they were not even making the hard tops ago and the tooling was stuck in China thats one reason for the delay

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Generally, people are stupid...you see it everywhere, forums, elections, etc.! lol

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have to remember this is probably something they have been working on for two months or more already.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so you saying the emails that Ford them self sent to everyone who placed a order and to ever dealership is speculation and we all should believe this one guy .And who is this guy we all should believe .
Not saying that at all. Ford is expanding on what PremierDrum stated. It's others here that think they know more than Ford and are making wild claims that are only valid in their mind.

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Damn Skippy it will be... B E A U T I F U L!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.