Sponsored

@fordmotorcompany Got V6 Manual? I'm asking...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, seems like that's come up a time or two around here...
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*Ford pulled the Chinese transmission's from their Bronco Off-road Rodeos
Just FYI Ford did not pull the transmission from the off roadeo because the transmission had any issues...... They pulled it because people claimed to know how to drive manual but went on to burn the clutch out.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just FYI Ford did not pull the transmission from the off roadeo because the transmission had any issues...... They pulled it because people claimed to know how to drive manual but went on to burn the clutch out.
Did they pause production of the Chinese transmission because people were burning out the clutches or the grinding issue?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they pause production of the Chinese transmission because people were burning out the clutches or the grinding issue?
I believe it was an availability of parts on why they stopped production. Same reason you can still order a manual bronco but it says "limited availability". But I may also be wrong. Never did see an actual factual document on why they stopped for that short time.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The official statement that was given to press/dealers:
Thank you for the quote.

I currently am still super happy with my MT-82 and luckily have not had any issues with it. Still a blast to drive every day and off road with. The 10R60 is also a great transmission.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since we are asking for things that will never happen let's just do this shit right and demand a proper naturally aspirated electronics free non-DEF v8 manual.

Please and thank you.
On an F150 frame instead of the Ranger ;)

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You son of a bitch, I'm in! Make it happen.
The only thing that would get me out of my Bronco would be if any of the big 3 were to make a removable roof / door vehicle on a full size truck frame. I don't care if it is an SUV or pickup, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Amib83

Badlands
First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my Wrangler for a Badlands Sasquatch 🤩
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently took delivery of a 2 door V6 Outer Banks and love it. I already lost it to my wife in week 2, with that said I would like to order another but really want to row my own! I have been reading about Ford saying the 2.3 manual is better off road but never say never as a V6 powered Bronco with a manual in the future is possible....as long as enough people ask for it.

I thought I would start a post requesting a V6 stick, any other owners have an interest? Feel free to ask and to our friends at Ford thank you for your consideration!
I just took delivery of my ordered 2.7 Badlands and was SUPER bummed about it only being offered in an automatic.
I would NO DOUBT swap my current Badlands for a 2.7 manual trans. I miss driving a manual and the automatic makes me regret my decision to dump my Wrangler.
Pleeeeease give us a 2.7 manual trans!

Sponsored

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I find the 2.3 with the manual just fine. Its fun and with the turbo it moves. I was skeptical that a 4 cylinder would be fun in the bronco but its actually great.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got a 2.7 but would get it in a manual in a heartbeat! Not into the 2.3. Just traded my JLU with 2.0T for the Bronco 2.7.
Sponsored