NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was there any official public word from Ford about the significance of yesterday or are we just overreacting to information that was leaked?

I'm not an MY21 so I've not been paying too much attention.
Ford didn’t publicly announce anything but communicated to dealers that the first “wave” of production (roughly the first month) would be scheduled starting yesterday

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What happened yesterday should cost several people their jobs, what a cluster. None of us know what is going on, the dealers don't know what is going on, and nothing is communicated. I've seen several dealers, including mine, that didn't have anything schedule yesterday. Also what a joke that they made such a huge deal out of your reservation timestamp only to piss all over that on day 1 of scheduling. I've seen several people with my exact build post build dates and their reservations are days and even weeks behind mine. If their goal is to piss people off, they are on a great track.
Just to be clear, I want to understand... You want several people, possibly with families to support, to lose their livelihoods because you don't fully understand the process...? If you placed an order, you will get a Bronco... In the grand scheme of things, what benefit is there to being so frustrated about it? I think Ford could communicate more transparently, but it seems that they are cruising right along and doing their best to get things scheduled and get broncos made DESPITE an unprecedented global supply shock and feverishly obsessive people torturing their dealers and support staff (I'm a tad guilty as well). I said it in another thread, we were told that we would know when our Bronco was being made by May. I'm sure you will know sometime within the next 6 weeks where you stand in production... Any sooner than the end of May is a bonus. Just breathe.....

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called the bronco number again. They said emails officially began going out yesterday and they will be put out all through May. They don’t know the schedule or frequency of emails but they did ensure at this point it’s public knowledge

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think my brain is subconsciously blocking all Bronco content at this stage. After reading this thread my only thought was in internal monologue around "an" MY21 vs "a" MY21. I've decided in written form either is correct, when spoken "a" is right if you actually say model year, "an" is correct if you say just the letters M and Y.

Blame ten days straight of 20 hour workdays, Friday, and my mother the English teacher for my brain going to mush.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife said to me yesterday, in a very understanding and compassionate way, "days like this is where that forum isn't a good thing". I agree it is bad form to not get something out to all reservation holders, updating them on some of the "when and why" questions that we all have, but at the end of the day, does it really matter? I will get mine when I do or I can get something else. Now I am much calmer. I hope everyone can find a calm place in their mind and have a good weekend!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was there any official public word from Ford about the significance of yesterday or are we just overreacting to information that was leaked?

Information wasn't "leaked" Kyle customers got e-mails from Ford yesterday letting them know their builds were scheduled for either June 7th, June 14th or June 21st. Scheduling has started as of yesterday.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Calm down .. what happened yesterday will happen every Thursday for the next 1.5 years. Orders are pulled every Thursday from the order bank.

And next week a bunch of peeps will be HAPPY and some will still be ANGRY and then it happens all over again the following Thursday.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife said to me yesterday, in a very understanding and compassionate way, "days like this is where that forum isn't a good thing". I agree it is bad form to not get something out to all reservation holders, updating them on some of the "when and why" questions that we all have, but at the end of the day, does it really matter? I will get mine when I do or I can get something else. Now I am much calmer. I hope everyone can find a calm place in their mind and have a good weekend!
Yep. Unfortunately, we know everyone can't have this sort of mindset, so...

giphy.gif

All the while, I'll sit with you and watch.

giphy.gif

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Calm down .. what happened yesterday will happen every Thursday for the next 1.5 years. Orders are pulled every Thursday from the order bank.

And next week a bunch of peeps will be HAPPY and some will still be angry and then it happens all over again the following Thursday.
Groundhog Day.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford did communicate on their website they would be scheduling approximately in timestamp order. It’s on the internet so you know it’s true!! What a joke!

Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad 08251E12-ED76-437E-A625-98EDDB782ABF

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The communication from Ford is over a 2 week period they will be scheduling the first phase of builds. It makes more sense for those who were placed as the highest priority from a dealership to get scheduled first.

I agree completely that Ford should not have allowed dealerships to put someone in a higher priority then their timestamp and allocation would have. My dealership did not do this. I trust my dealership even more now. So this is proof that your dealership can choose to screw you over and Ford is allowing it. The only time I have seen Ford do it this entire roll out. Ford is lax on name changes allowing several before an issue arises but there is still a penalty.

Ford also said to expect your build date end of May. Again Ford said expect your build date END OF MAY. For the first time in this process Ford has been ahead of schedule and trying to give out information quickly. This is literally going after Ford for getting something done quicker then scheduled. I am sure everyone who is getting scheduled would prefer to know instead of waiting a month and a half. Those who don't get told at the end of the two weeks should also feel better informed, they are not scheduled in phase 1.

Full disclosure I was told yesterday and was not expecting to be told a build date yet. 7/13 reservation and first in line at my dealer due to others opting into MY22.

OP
OP

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just to be clear, I want to understand... You want several people, possibly with families to support, to lose their livelihoods because you don't fully understand the process...? If you placed an order, you will get a Bronco... In the grand scheme of things, what benefit is there to being so frustrated about it? I think Ford could communicate more transparently, but it seems that they are cruising right along and doing their best to get things scheduled and get broncos made DESPITE an unprecedented global supply shock and feverishly obsessive people torturing their dealers and support staff (I'm a tad guilty as well). I said it in another thread, we were told that we would know when our Bronco was being made by May. I'm sure you will know sometime within the next 6 weeks where you stand in production... Any sooner than the end of May is a bonus. Just breathe.....
The main frustration is in reading what some others have heard on the scheduling. If you believe what you read here (and you almost have to because Ford hasn't said crap) then production is likely queued through the end of June. I'm just failing to see what was the point in their early messaging if being an hour 2 reservation doesn't even put you in the first month of builds. Honestly, not being in the first batch wouldn't have bothered me this bad if most of the scheduled builds posted hadn't been well past my reservation time. This raises a bunch of questions, does Ford not sticking to their own word now push me to a 22 because I have the 2.7? Who knows, because Ford hasn't communicated crap.
Sponsored