Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you think Ford marketing has failed Then why would you want to support ford with your hard earned money? Just cancel your reservation so the patient peeps here can move up in line.
What has marketing done to get outside the enthusiast bubble? I'm pretty sure the only people who know the Bronco is coming are the enthusiasts who have been paying attention to when the Bronco would come back way before the current marketing team has gotten out of grade school! Why give Ford my money? I want a new Bronco! And it better be as good as my last one or Ford is going to keep hearing us speak out.

There's an expression;
Because it’s the hand that feeds you, doesn’t mean it gets to slap you as well. Speaking up should be welcomed. Otherwise, we’re both going down.
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What has marketing done to get outside the enthusiast bubble? I'm pretty sure the only people who know the Bronco is coming are the enthusiasts who have been paying attention to when the Bronco would come back way before the current marketing team has gotten out of grade school! Why give Ford my money? I want a new Bronco! And it better be as good as my last one or Ford is going to keep hearing us speak out.

There's an expression;
Because it’s the hand that feeds you, doesn’t mean it gets to slap you as well. Speaking up should be welcomed. Otherwise, we’re both going down.
Given that it was featured in two prominent sport events in the last 10 day, I'd say it has reached more than forum jumpers.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was raised that when my parents said no it meant no and there was no talking back. America is all about more and I want more now. Very little time is spent appreciating what you have now. We are mostly worried about what we are getting tomorrow.

are there any other car enthusiast in the same place that bronco enthusiasts are now?

btw ... have you look around lately? We are all doomed.

There's an expression;

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone in Michigan wanna do some YouTube...uh, independent journalism at the "enthusiasts" headquarters? Maybe Geraldo Rivera style? ...or, at this point, Chris Hansen style?

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given that it was featured in two prominent sport events in the last 10 day, I'd say it has reached more than forum jumpers.

How did it 'reach' the general population? There should be 10 commercials\events every day since the reveal and to ordering. I suspect 10\10 people - the next day - would say "yeah, I saw that Jeep commercial"

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did it 'reach' the general population? There should be 10 commercials\events every day since the reveal and to ordering. I suspect 10\10 people - the next day - would say "yeah, I saw that Jeep commercial"
That makes little sense. It was the US Open and NFL and speculation on what people thought is just that. You should join Ford and give them your marketing ideas and how much they should shell out for the Bronco commercials ;) Pretty sure people watching golf and football were part of, in your words, 'general population'.

Have you seen a Mach-E commercial??

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes little sense. It was the US Open and NFL and speculation on what people thought is just that. You should join Ford and give them your marketing ideas and how much they should shell out for the Bronco commercials ;) Pretty sure people watching golf and football were part of, in your words, 'general population'.

Have you seen a Mach-E commercial??
I believe these marketing moments occured. I saw a clip of the NFL event, from the Bronco6G Forums. But, I've been googling and youtubing away and can't find evidence that they happened or still exist for review. I even go to the Ford Youtube channel and find only a 10 month old article when I search for "NFL" If a tree falls in the woods?

Ford Bronco Ford's Marketing... Ford_NFL.JPG

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think we’re at the point where it’s more than reasonable to assume ordering won’t be happening in December.
Agreed, and when they announce that in late October or November they will also finally admit there will be no 2021 model, they will finally call it a 2022 model.
This is where I have been headed lately. If B&P and the interior walkthrough and whatever else are really being held up because they are still testing a manual Sasquatch option and other things...then no way will be ordering in December. I just don‘t see “still testing” to “OK to order” in two months. Maybe I’ll be surprised, but it would be the first time with Ford.

And this is real bad news for me. My current lease expires in November 2020, and I have the option of extending six months, pushing it to May 2021. If the first orders really were going to be delivered in June 2021, that is a gap I can deal with. If it gets delayed, that temporary gap gets harder to fill with something that isn’t a permanent replacement.

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people are impatient and it seems there are plenty of those people are on this forum.

if you think Ford marketing has failed Then why would you want to support ford with your hard earned money? Just cancel your reservation so the patient peeps here can move up in line.

But wait! You can’t cancel your reservation because marketing did a great job proven by the fact that you took the bait.

Endless threads about why ford failed because you can’t contain your excitement to have the bronco sitting in your garage now.
Ford marketing hasn't done shit. The design and engineering of the Bronco has hit a home run. As someone said earlier, you could hire Mickey Mouse to do a better job with the launch. And with all due respect, I'll support Ford with my hard earned money because they designed a great vehicle for a legendary brand. That doesn't mean I can't observe their shortcomings in other areas. We're not all sheep.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Their marketing has been pretty over the top so far for a vehicle that isn’t hitting the streets until next year. Between all the launch videos, the john bronco stuff, NYSE, etc...that’s a lot of marketing for being so far in advance.

Saying people outside forums don’t know about it, only proves you just sit inside on forums all day. Everyone I’ve talked to at work about it has seen it as well as random people around town that I’ve talked about cars with.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
10 commercials or events a day?? ???

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand delays and changes but this has been handled without grace or humility by Ford. They have shown zero gratitude for the customer and choose to use our loyalty and enthusiasm as a way to dial in exactly how high to price.
They seem all over the place with what they are offering:
A low powered wannabe made south of the border?
An affordable hardcore true SUV ?
A 50+k luxury SUV toy?
They are getting rid of 1400 managerial jobs in the US and I feel like all the stress of the lack of getting the project together will land on manufacturing.
Also, Ford now makes fewer models in the US than Honda (not related to the Bronco project but another sign of who Ford is now).
I have delayed making my Bronco purchase until 2023 and am now looking at other vehicles in the meantime.
That's what Ford marketing or otherwise has done.
Sounds like you didn't really want one in the first place and are finding reasons not to buy one.

Really? Ford building Bronco Sport in Mexico is affecting your Bronco purchase?

Ford cutting white collar jobs is affecting your Bronco purchase?

Yes, there's a price range from low to high, surprise!

Your comment about Ford making fewer models in the US than Honda is not true.

I just don't understand how their marketing can truly affect your purchase negatively. If you were Joe Schmoe and didn't know about the vehicle and therefore wouldn't know to buy one - ok sure, marketing caused that. But clearly you know about it, you're here discussing it. How does any of that affect your purchase? I don't get it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They’re marketing has been pretty over the top so far for a vehicle that isn’t hitting the streets until next year. Between all the launch videos, the john bronco stuff, NYSE, etc...that’s a lot of marketing for being so far in advance.

Saying people outside forums don’t know about it, only proves you just sit inside on forums all day. Everyone I’ve talked to at work about it has seen it as well as random people around town that I’ve talked about cars with.
This! Non car people I know have talked about it - people know.

10 commercials or events a day?? ???
Yes, Ford is now in charge of scheduling all sporting events too. 10 per day minimum.

So you want them to throw a ton of advertisement dollars aimed at John/Jane Q. Public for a vehicle that won't arrive for another year? There is zero sense in doing that. An average buyer sees a commercial, they'll go to the dealer and find out "oh, it's not out, let's look elsewhere". Ford made that mistake running a Super Bowl commercial for the 2013 MKZ before it was out/available at dealers and it was a failure - tons of buyers went to find out it wasn't there.

When the vehicle arrives, I'm sure you'll see a big push by Ford marketing for it.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. I’m going to Chime in in the other side of these arguments. I should say up front that I do not work for Ford. I do not know Mike Levine or anyone in that team. However, I do work in marketing for a very large company and a lot of what is being complained about in these forums may be completely outside of the control of the marketing team.

Again, I do not know this to be true, but I’ve lived through plenty of launches where decisions made by different teams (including engineering in some cases) made the marketing execution harder to pull off. It is not hard for me to imagine a scenario where behind the scenes Mike and his team were pushing for the build and price to be settled in time for the launch, or for the reveal to be delayed, and his team was overruled.

At that point he still has to go out there and execute a plan revised to fit as best they can. In some cases behind the scenes on these things is a major $&@? Show. And sometimes you end up revising the plan on the fly because of things completely outside of your control.

Even I’ve complained about the semantics of the “build and price will be complete by September” statement but at the time the statement was made, it’s believable that was the information that Mr. Levine had, and then the IT team came back weeks later and said they couldn’t hit that date.

Why won’t marketing give us a date then, you might ask? Well, again, there is a good chance marketing cannot get a solid date from IT on when it will be finished and now Mike doesn’t want to give another date they may not hit.

And I’m not even picking on IT here. There may be good reasons (supply chain for example) why IT can’t give a solid answer on finishing the build and price because there is not solid, locked in pricing yet.

All this is not to say Ford Marketing is great. I don’t really know. I just work in this field and I know it can be frustrating for us too. Especially if it looks like we flubbed something but it’s totally beyond our control. So I know it’s frustrating. I’m frustrated too. But I’m trying to cut them some slack, especially in this weird world of COVID and 2020 in general.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok. I’m going to Chime in in the other side of these arguments. I should say up front that I do not work for Ford. I do not know Mike Levine or anyone in that team. However, I do work in marketing for a very large company and a lot of what is being complained about in these forums may be completely outside of the control of the marketing team.

Again, I do not know this to be true, but I’ve lived through plenty of launches where decisions made by different teams (including engineering in some cases) made the marketing execution harder to pull off. It is not hard for me to imagine a scenario where behind the scenes Mike and his team were pushing for the build and price to be settled in time for the launch, or for the reveal to be delayed, and his team was overruled.

At that point he still has to go out there and execute a plan revised to fit as best they can. In some cases behind the scenes on these things is a major $&@? Show. And sometimes you end up revising the plan on the fly because of things completely outside of your control.

Even I’ve complained about the semantics of the “build and price will be complete by September” statement but at the time the statement was made, it’s believable that was the information that Mr. Levine had, and then the IT team came back weeks later and said they couldn’t hit that date.

Why won’t marketing give us a date then, you might ask? Well, again, there is a good chance marketing cannot get a solid date from IT on when it will be finished and now Mike doesn’t want to give another date they may not hit.

And I’m not even picking on IT here. There may be good reasons (supply chain for example) why IT can’t give a solid answer on finishing the build and price because there is not solid, locked in pricing yet.

All this is not to say Ford Marketing is great. I don’t really know. I just work in this field and I know it can be frustrating for us too. Especially if it looks like we flubbed something but it’s totally beyond our control. So I know it’s frustrating. I’m frustrated too. But I’m trying to cut them some slack, especially in this weird world of COVID and 2020 in general.
This 100%.

Marketing becomes the bad guy because they're the public face, when there are a million different pieces that have to be put together for things to line up.
Sponsored