Sponsored

FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics)

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forms picture thread is here! Specs and other crap that usually sell products but really don't tell you if they are a good buy.

I have installed all sorts of aftermarket headlights over the last 20 years and have really come to the conclusion they are a waste of money. I am a big on modifying the factory lighting with better bulbs and custom reflectors as I always find they turn out better. Or buying higher trim level headlights and swapping them in.

These are the first aftermarket headlights I have handled that look factory! Supplied wiring is on par with with factory and well sorted. Really if you put them in a factory box I would have been sold. The adjusters look the same, the connectors are similar style and the are even the same weight! This is the first time I haven't had to modify the headlights with silicone or drill out holes. FYI my last set of $1800 ram factory replacements where not even this nice. Fit was tight and solid without any feeling of flimsy. No issues adjusting the lights in 5 minutes and if you install the DLR wiring to a switch you can play with the light up feature!

Form vs Factory Adjuster
Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704299603394
Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704299550311

Random Photos
Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704299776334
Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704299794536

Very much factory quality!

Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704299902364

Lighting issues is the blue hue cut off line. Not as crisp as I would like for this kind of money. This is really the only negative, which I can live and maybe forget about here shortly.

Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704304659706

Same issue during the day, you can see the hue. These lights also have a step between bulbs, you can see how to properly set them slowly stepping up.

Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704305341725

High and Low on with white looks good!
Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704305885666

High and Low with yellow is it!
Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 1704305931858

Install is super easy, took a good 2 hours with me going zip tie crazy. Takes a little extra effort to pull out the headlights that one clip on the backside held enough to make me look for a bolt.

Take away for me is I really really really like them. Form did an excellent job of mixing quality with an addictive light show that makes these a I want item. As an I want item I still think the price point is a bit high. Then you factor in the wiring, complex shape and quality you are not in my cheap person price range. Your buying some wow factor(my wife didn't notice) and that has subjective value in my world. I would recommend them but not as a light upgrade for a better driving experience at night. Actual driving light is better than stock but its still a bit to white and needs to be a shade warmer(yellow) to help with eye fatigue.

I am currently in trouble as my wife thinks I bought these and so worth it! Warning I got these free through a random act of god by entering Forms website drawing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the review man, the blue tinge is a bit much for my taste as well, otherwise they look amazing!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn that is cool as hell haha

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang, I didn’t win. Though these are the nicest on the market - still not a fan of the 4 cube looking bulb/reflectors. Why are all aftermarket options going that direction?

Sponsored

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trying my new go pro, not sure if 60fps is going to really catch how fancy the startup is. This is just unlocking/locking the Bronco. Super fun to play with the key fob.

Thank you for the detailed review and video. I just ordered a pair; they should pay you a commission! ;)

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I should post a little more since I hit the road at 3am this morning. The Form lights do put out a lot more light than factory it is just not noticeable if you aren't looking for it. The light is just a narrow band so more like a flat plane. Definitely a massive improvement in forward side light on a flat road. Think a narrow band ditch light. Your not getting a bigger picture but the extra light helps with seeing objects better(road gators and boxes).

Going to readjust the light pattern a little more as my passenger side is to high. The hue line is right in people's mirrors on the drivers side and really gets people. You can see them wince when they pass. Blue hue is not noticeable driving in the fog and beam pattern works well with fog.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
are people replacing the OEM signature lights with these? or just the non-signature base types?

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Warning I got these free through a random act of god by entering Forms website drawing.
I knew my wife was right!....I'm a loser and would win at nothing!! Shouldn't never wasted my time entering in that drawing! 🤣

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

are people replacing the OEM signature lights with these? or just the non-signature base types?
We replaced the signature LED lights with them on our truck.

First we had the Morimoto XRGB. Then we had the Morimoto XB. Now we have the Form Lighting headlights.

We have a pros/cons list for each of the headlights.

Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 6 (small)

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We replaced the signature LED lights with them on our truck.

First we had the Morimoto XRGB. Then we had the Morimoto XB. Now we have the Form Lighting headlights.

We have a pros/cons list for each of the headlights.

Ford Bronco FORM Projector Headlight Review (Diode Dynamics) 6 (small)
Care to share those pros/cons?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Care to share those pros/cons?
Sure.

Morimoto XRGB: $1,250
Pros: Most output out of any headlight we've tested
Pros: Very fair price at $1,250
Pros: The RGB DRL is neat
Pro: More "OEM" looking with the single LED projector for low and single LED Projector for highs
Cons: People have had issues with some of the RGB Diodes burning out
Cons: You can't get a PURE WHITE DRL (they don't have a dedicated White Diode in the RGB part)

Morimoto XB: $1,300
Pros: Increased output over stock and the 2nd brightest I believe in our tests
Pros: They have an aggressive look
Pros: Again, price point is very fair
Pro/Con: COULD be OEM looking, but they have the amber accents around it which give it an "X" look.
Cons: The headlight doesn't look LEVEL when you look at the front of the truck, even though the output is very level

Form Lighting: $1,399
Pro: A good looking headlight
Pro: VERY nice high beam. I really like the high beams
Pro: Amber or White DRL in one housing and easy to change
Pro/Con: Depending on how you look at it, the quad LED Projectors. Some like it. Some don't. I'm fine with it.
Con: They have a blueish component at the cut-off (blueish light). It looks purple/blue on the road (Alpharex are the same way)
Con: A tad bit higher priced then the Morimotos

Alpharex are basically the same as the Form with the DRL's being slightly different in how you control them and with the Alpharex the horizontal DRL part can be changed also. BUT they have a higher price point of the Form at $1,650 for the same output.

So I like all 3 for good reasons. And have SLIGHT issues with all 3 as well. There is no one PERFECT headlight.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same experience with that one pin on the rear of the headlights. Ha!

I have really liked these since I installed them on Sunday. The blue at cut off was noticed by my wife but I’ve already forgotten about it - the output is great. The brights are amazing.

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the detailed review and video. I just ordered a pair; they should pay you a commission! ;)
I finally got my Form lights installed, and I like everything about them. I appreciate your detailed review and updates; it made the choice easy. There were too many choices, from less expensive to really expensive, and these were in the middle. I would say the best bang for the buck!

form.lights.jpg
Sponsored