Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you don't mind could I see a picture of your ABS module on forscan? Im a bit confused by the instruction video since that's only adding sport mode and I'm trying to add the 3 missing modes on base, I figured I would just copy how you did it
Here is a link to the running Excel file of known Forscan mods for the Bronco. This is what I used for all of my mods, including enabling all the GOAT modes. Let me know if this helps.

Sponsored

Dark Knight Squatch

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Police Interceptor Utility
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a link to the running Excel file of known Forscan mods for the Bronco. This is what I used for all of my mods, including enabling all the GOAT modes. Let me know if this helps.

This is what I've been trying to use. Truthfully just not entirely sure what to change since the address for the base is different than the badlands which is what the video is on.

Dark Knight Squatch

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Figured it out. Do I do it one at a time or all at once? Im getting this:

UPDATE: figured it out thank you

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you got it. I did them all at once but you can also do it one at a time if you like.

Dark Knight Squatch

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you got it. I did them all at once but you can also do it one at a time if you like.
I just did them individually to make sure. Not sure if this matters but rock crawl is my last goat mode instead of baja when I scroll the dial.

Sponsored

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the order is preset and not something you can change. Rock crawl is last on mine too.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good to hear i’m not the only one 😂😂. Thanks again for the help much appreciated.
Also, you weren't the only one who did it the wrong way first, lol... Ask me how I know. ;)

Bblake12

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 2021 Black Diamond Bronco, 2012 LR4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my first Ford SUV and not familiar with 4A. I didn't order it from the factory with 4A so will this mod give me 4A or do I need a different transmission setup ? Black Diamond 2.3 owner here

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my first Ford SUV and not familiar with 4A. I didn't order it from the factory with 4A so will this mod give me 4A or do I need a different transmission setup ? Black Diamond 2.3 owner here
I'm not certain, but I think that 4A involves a different, more mechanically-complex transfer case. I think it's a matter of better hardware, and not just something to be enabled or disabled in software.

moab_b2

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands here, and just performed the programming to add sport mode, no double honk on exit and auto start top disable. No issues at all. All worked perfectly. Thanks for the info.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
11/22/21 update: made a walk through video to show which module and line to change.

Original post:

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:

Update 11/17/21:

2 days now and totally normal with no issues or trouble codes. Any questions of warranty being affected will be between you and your dealer. Most probably won't notice anything different. But proceed at your own risk, especially if you're new to forscan and not sure what you're changing.

Quick summary of how to get Forscan until I have time to do a video showing the change:

1. Download the application here:
https://forscan.org/home.html
You need to register for a username on their forums first to have access.
2. Buy an OBD-USB cable that is supported. I have this one, works flawlessly and doesn't have the "switch" like some of the older forscan cables. There is a list of compatible cables on their website. $50 on amazon.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan
3. Once you have the cable and the software you can request a free product key good for 60 days. I just bought the 1 year license for $10. I think you can get 3 years for $20. I wasn't sure how much I would use it so I just started with 1 year.

This blog outlines the process with some screen shots better than I can quicky type:
https://ohptools.com/blogs/news/how-to-get-the-forscan-extended-license-for-windows

That will get you up and running. You need all this before being able to make changes, so plan to do this about 2-3 days (allowing time for prime shipping on the cable) before you're ready to make software changes.
Do you remember what the original value was before entering the 'B' for sport mode?

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands here, and just performed the programming to add sport mode, no double honk on exit and auto start top disable. No issues at all. All worked perfectly. Thanks for the info.
Do you remember what the original value was before entering the 'B' for sport mode?

moab_b2

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If memory serves, I think it was 9. But not 100% but that's what my head is telling me.
Sponsored