Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what reason do we need the Extended License? I purchased it a while ago to support the project, but I believe the software does everything we need without the license.
I guess there are some functions that require it. Dunno.
Was just trying to help provide a workaround...
Sponsored

tm0708

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does unlocking the other goat modes void warranty?

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Base Sasquatch. If I want to add the 3 modes I do not have (Rock Crawl, Baja, and Mud/Ruts, should the line of code read 760-04-03 0100 0203 AB1B, or should the last 4 characters be AB1F?
Show less

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Base Sasquatch. If I want to add the 3 modes I do not have (Rock Crawl, Baja, and Mud/Ruts, should the line of code read 760-04-03 0100 0203 AB1B, or should the last 4 characters be AB1F?
Show less

The last two characters in a codes full line (in your case the 1B) shouldn’t be touched. They are the checksum and are automatically calculated by Forscan. You can put numbers in but they’ll give you a checksum error and will be replaced.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does unlocking the other goat modes void warranty?
I really don’t see how. They spent two years before release developing the programming of the PCM to use the various goat modes. They didn’t develop each mode to each model only to each engine. Even what the packages you have aren’t accounted for. The mode you select sends a message to all the various modules saying to do this and do that. You aren’t tuning or anything it’s all 100% factory designed, provided and installed specifications and programming. All you’re doing is allowing yourself the ability to use it. The only way I see it going sour is if the ABS module fails and they void the ABS module warranty for tampering. Even then it feels like a stretch

Sponsored

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The last two characters in a codes full line (in your case the 1B) shouldn’t be touched. They are the checksum and are automatically calculated by Forscan. You can put numbers in but they’ll give you a checksum error and will be replaced.
Thank you Drew!

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the sheet that I have, the 3rd line of code is the line of code that shows requiring revision, to add Mud/Ruts. The sheet shows changing the first character on the 3rd line of code to "A". Is there another way that I have missed? The same sheet shows the 3rd line of code needs to be modified for Sport mode, but I have a base, which already has sport mode. Baja and Rock Crawl shows the 2nd line of code to be modified, which should be a breeze. Just double-checking. I know so many of our counterparts on here have made the Forscan revisions successfully, so I asked here. Starting a new thread only gets you crucified.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the sheet that I have, the 3rd line of code is the line of code that shows requiring revision, to add Mud/Ruts. The sheet shows changing the first character on the 3rd line of code to "A". Is there another way that I have missed? The same sheet shows the 3rd line of code needs to be modified for Sport mode, but I have a base, which already has sport mode. Baja and Rock Crawl shows the 2nd line of code to be modified, which should be a breeze. Just double-checking. I know so many of our counterparts on here have made the Forscan revisions successfully, so I asked here. Starting a new thread only gets you crucified.
Can you give me the full line of code you’re referring to. Asterisk (*) the change in question so I can make sure I give a proper answer

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you give me the full line of code you’re referring to. Asterisk (*) the change in question so I can make sure I give a proper answer
The 2nd line from the bottom, to add Mud/Ruts
Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 1647616108670

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It should be A as shown below if you want that mode. Sport mode would be the one next to it and would be B so in total on that third column you would have “ABxx” where xx represents the checksum. For reference my Sport mode Badlands is 760-04-03 0100 0203 AB1F (1F is the checksum and auto calculates based on the math of the full line)

760-04-03xxxxxxxxAx—

Sponsored

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It should be A as shown below if you want that mode. Sport mode would be the one next to it and would be B so in total on that third column you would have “ABxx” where xx represents the checksum

760-04-03xxxxxxxxAx—
Awesome Drew! Thank you! So it IS ok to change the first letter on that 3rd line of code, to get Mud/Ruts (I already have Sport mode)? Just leave the other characters on that line "As written"?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome Drew! Thank you! So it IS ok to change the first letter on that 3rd line of code, to get Mud/Ruts (I already have Sport mode)? Just leave the other characters on that line "As written"?
I mean it’s always nerve racking writing a change but that one definitely is correct. Each mode is well isolated to each individual character you won’t lose sport mode or anything

DividedSky

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Added Sport to my 2.3 MT badlands and I am absolutely loving it. I have been running premium fuel to get the extra 25HP and while it seemed worth the extra $, I wasn't totally convinced. With Sport mode and 300hp from premium, this thing is a blast. It's really a slam dunk. Thanks for all the folks contributing to this thread.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean it’s always nerve racking writing a change but that one definitely is correct. Each mode is well isolated to each individual character you won’t lose sport mode or anything
Thanks a TON! I will update after I revise this weekend. GOAT modes, auto start/stop, double honk.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I ordered a stick, I doubt I will ever use a Goat Mode. There are buttons to do what I want, without messing with the throttle response.

If you have an automatic, the factory shifting is just stupid, sport mode makes a huge difference.

Great job finding the solution BTW.

Personally, I'll be using FORSCAN for the important stuff: eliminate double honk, nanny chimes, disable auto-locks, disable AS/S, enable remote windows up...
I have been thinking about your response for a while. I have a stick. I sometimes get into snow and ice when driving over roads. Slippery mode works great. But I think you are right, that pushing the 4A button is easier than finding the right GOAT mode and also solves the problem.

I have driven 10k miles in this rig and I do use Baja mode on the beach. When the front camera comes over the big screen, it's cool. But on trails, I'm controlling the transfer case and the diffs myself.

But here's what I am wondering. I'm interested to know if Sport mode is going to give me more pop (even with my man trans). They talk about remapping the throttle response. Is that the same thing or different than the shift points on the automatic?

I have seen a video for a piece of hardware that plugs into the loom and supposedly makes the throttle more responsive. I could see how with a drive by wire throttle, you could map different levels of input to do different things with the intake. That's what I'm wondering about. Because if Sport mode makes my 2.3 more snappy on the throttle, the kid in me is kind of interested.
Sponsored