First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
Where are you located? I would love to do is to mine I’m in LA
Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I say streetable because Baja holds out the gearing intentionally longer. As far as the obvious, because it converts to off-road mode. As a calibrations engineer that’s worked on this very vehicle I can firmly state Sport mode is a much better choice for driving on the road

It shouldn’t affect anything and work. I wish I had a model of each to test myself but unfortunately that’s the limitation of ForScan mods
I say streetable because Baja holds out the gearing intentionally longer. As far as the obvious, because it converts to off-road mode. As a calibrations engineer that’s worked on this very vehicle I can firmly state Sport mode is a much better choice for driving on the road

It shouldn’t affect anything and work. I wish I had a model of each to test myself but unfortunately that’s the limitation of ForScan mods
As a software & mechanical engineer, that’s worked on this vehicle, and tuned, raced & built FI vehicles i too know a thing or two about about a thing or two as well. Holding out gearing is a performance thing, like driving a manual, have launch control, flatfoot shifting, still very streetable just more aggressive.

But still, not voiding my warranty. GLHF with sport tweak / mod, that one I will not touch until I can no longer hold ford responsible for there amazing engineering………okay there are a lot of great engineering feats, just shit execution or part quality. Examples, plastic pans, valve covers, and air tubing on a FI….smh. I’ve hit 19psi and can wait to blow one of the air tubes.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I can get rock crawl mode on a base? Will this magically give me a disconnecting sway bar? :)
Hahaha yes, and then in 3-5 weeks, you will get the button delivered by Amazon.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you guys for pioneering this! Infuriating Ford doesn’t make it an available already due to marketing SMH

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I ordered a stick, I doubt I will ever use a Goat Mode. There are buttons to do what I want, without messing with the throttle response.

If you have an automatic, the factory shifting is just stupid, sport mode makes a huge difference.

Great job finding the solution BTW.

Personally, I'll be using FORSCAN for the important stuff: eliminate double honk, nanny chimes, disable auto-locks, disable AS/S, enable remote windows up...

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Remember when sas an OBX, you lose the painted fender flares which are highly sought after
IMO sas flares are welcomed over the painted flares until Ford brings on the painted mod top.

When they dropped the mod top, that was the last straw that had me switch from a non sas OBX…with painted fenders and gloss black top with aftermarket lift/wheels/tires…to simply get a Sasquatched OBX and use the flares to tie in the MIC top. Otherwise the MIC top would look cheapened when paired up with an all painted body and flares. Like you got an upscale loaded Sahara but cheaped out on the unpainted top… Plus the sas flares are even bigger to accent the MIC top…Hell it even forced my hand to drop the steel bumper and get the standard bumper too to tie it all together.

at least that was my rationale and how I pivoted my build through the loss of the mod top. The fenders were part of the equation. I was no longer interested in an all-painted look if the MIC top was the only hardtop choice available.

Back on topic - Really happy I picked OBX sas over Wildtrak now that I could get back Baja mode. My immediate thought was how much is a forscan lol because I paid up $200 over a identically equipped Wildtrak and lost Baja mode. so guess I’m now about $350 in the hole adjusted with the purchase of a forscan haha.

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 8CE808F8-F4B0-4852-85B4-A585DA220CC1

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 3EC800DD-9806-4568-8765-14E7D08F45A6

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 187D437D-9E3E-482B-A10A-B8A4067083F2

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!! I was about to try the same thing, but my old OBD -> USB adapter doesn't work with the latest version of FORscan.

---

I'll just say this:

Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package suddenly became a lot more appealing... especially now that the Wildtrak trim no longer comes with painted trim pieces.
Exactly. I was planning to wait for my Wildtrak and sell my OBX, but I am seriously thinking about that now.

Also, I LOVE Sport mode! I drive in that mode all the time. It's fun.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. I was planning to wait for my Wildtrak and sell my OBX, but I am seriously thinking about that now.

Also, I LOVE Sport mode! I drive in that mode all the time. It's fun.
I think the dropping of painted handles for the 2022 WT was a mistake in some literature. Although I haven’t been following it closely since.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Now my First Edition can have the Sport mode it should have shipped with. Can anyone with a model that normally comes with Sport mode confirm it also shifts you into 4A? It makes sense that it does to put all the power down to four wheels.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO sas flares are welcomed over the painted flares until Ford brings on the painted mod top.

When they dropped the mod top, that was the last straw that had me switch from a non sas OBX…with painted fenders and gloss black top with aftermarket lift/wheels/tires…to simply get a Sasquatched OBX and use the flares to tie in the MIC top. Otherwise the MIC top would look cheapened when paired up with an all painted body and flares. Like you got an upscale loaded Sahara but cheaped out on the unpainted top… Plus the sas flares are even bigger to accent the MIC top…Hell it even forced my hand to drop the steel bumper and get the standard bumper too to tie it all together.

at least that was my rationale and how I pivoted my build through the loss of the mod top. The fenders were part of the equation. I was no longer interested in an all-painted look if the MIC top was the only hardtop choice available.

Back on topic - Really happy I picked OBX sas over Wildtrak now that I could get back Baja mode. My immediate thought was how much is a forscan lol because I paid up $200 over a identically equipped Wildtrak and lost Baja mode. so guess I’m now about $350 in the hole adjusted with the purchase of a forscan haha.

Ford Bronco Forscan unlocks all GOAT modes with any Bronco model trim! How-to DIY instructions 187D437D-9E3E-482B-A10A-B8A4067083F2

AMB for the win everytime! :)

Sponsored

Mountainguy

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m confused by Sport mode. I have a base and it has Sport mode. Is it a different mode everyone is talking about?

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m confused by Sport mode. I have a base and it has Sport mode. Is it a different mode everyone is talking about?
Badlands and First Edition don’t have Sport mode, for god knows what reason.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Badlands and First Edition don't come with Sport mode. Ford just did it so they could have a marketing carrot for other models...

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the mod that will finally get me to buy into FORscan. There were a few inconveniences I wanted to tweak, but this is a huge gain and worth the money IMO.

Dark Knight Squatch

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Police Interceptor Utility
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone tried unlocking different modes on a base??
Sponsored