Sponsored

From an F150 to a Bronco, tell me it’ll be okay!

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly... all the top issues, and the snow issues with soft tops and hard tops (yes i know that one soft top post was probably BS, but a new one is legitimate) I'm not gonna drop $55k on a vehicle that lets snow and freezing rain in lol
I think i'm going to wait for the new ranger or wait until the modular top comes out.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly... all the top issues, and the snow issues with soft tops and hard tops (yes i know that one soft top post was probably BS, but a new one is legitimate) I'm not gonna drop $55k on a vehicle that lets snow and freezing rain in lol
I think i'm going to wait for the new ranger or wait until the modular top comes out.
Hopefully @North7 keeps us updated on the 6G 4 runner. It may be on my list.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hopefully @North7 keeps us updated on the 6G 4 runner. It may be on my list.
This youtuber, David of AutomotivePress, seems to have a good following and track record. In this video, from the 3.25 to 6.20 timeframe, he discusses the 6th gen 4Runner is on track for a Sep to Dec 2022 release date as a 2023 model. He goes on to explain why, or at least claims, Toyota never misses deadlines.

Last edited:

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
sold my 2019 F150 to carvana this year. Recd my 2021 Sasquatch 4 door base...The bronco ride is no where NEAR as smooth and comfortable as my F150, the MPG is about 18 vs my 20-22 MPG with my F150....but the bronco is COOL as hell and looks awesome. I will also be able to remove my top and doors as a bonus! A fair trade for me. My .02
Ford Bronco From an F150 to a Bronco, tell me it’ll be okay! AMBbronco

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This youtuber, David of AutomotivePress, seems to have a good following and track record. In this video, from the 3.25 to 6.20 timeframe, he discusses the 6th gen 4Runner is on track for a Sep to Dec 2022 release date as a 2023 model. He goes on to explain why Toyota never misses deadlines.

yea the 4Runner and Tacoma could be viable optiosn as well.
The new ranger released globally end of Nov 21 with a May Production start. The NA Ranger is slated for May 223 production so I’m hoping it also is a November launch. Time will tell. Honestly if the Ranger, Tacoma or 4Runner launch with a PHEV that doesn’t lose out on performance or towing or whatever they will probably get my money. A Ranger Powerboost would also be great.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yea the 4Runner and Tacoma could be viable optiosn as well.
The new ranger released globally end of Nov 21 with a May Production start. The NA Ranger is slated for May 223 production so I’m hoping it also is a November launch. Time will tell. Honestly if the Ranger, Tacoma or 4Runner launch with a PHEV that doesn’t lose out on performance or towing or whatever they will probably get my money. A Ranger Powerboost would also be great.
One rumor said the 4Runner hybrid (PHEV?) may be delayed until 2024.

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sold my 2018 F150 Supercrew to Vroom for 12k over my lease buyout.
The truck was used for personal transportation and house projects, not work.
99% of the time I drove it alone.
I picked up a 5 x 8 landscape trailer for house projects.
I don't think I will miss the truck at all.
My kid is in college so my wife and are pretty close to empty nesters.

I always wanted another 2 door wrangler, but the interior doesn't fit me well and they are not as comfortable as I would like. The Bronco fixed all of those issues.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One rumor said the 4Runner hybrid (PHEV?) may be delayed until 2024.
Would this type of hybrid have the electric motor in transmission or at the wheels like rav4, highlander etc.?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Would this type of hybrid have the electric motor in transmission or at the wheels like rav4, highlander etc.?
Only speculation/ rumor I've read on the 4Runner forums is that it may have a 4 cylinder Turbo Hybrid option, no mention if it is plug-in or what type of drivetrain it would have.

Rutger75

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe 3500lbs towing capacity.. I really wanted to buy a Bronco but that is an absolute no go for me.. I have a boat and plan to get a bigger one.. I was thinking this thing would have 6k-7k lbs capacity... I could maybe live with 5k as a compromise..
Loyal Ford and Bronco Fan lost to this one...

Rutger75

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean not to beat a dead horse.. hah.. but ...most small suvs have 3500lbs cap... and suvs smaller than the Bronco have way more capacity... from many domestic and foreign brands.. I'm not trying to be negative. I have always owned Ford vehicles... they have completely missed boat (npi) and lost a customer over this one.. maybe the raptor version will have more capacity.. but likely way out of budget and most (myself) don't need that much capability off road. A Toyoto 4runner might be in the cards or hell.. a new designed Nissan Pathfinder or Frontier should lease well.. even the new Infiniti qx60 ... ditched the cvt.. blows this capacity away ... I had an old school Bronco in H.s. and really wanted the look and uniqueness of the Bronco.. Jeep is too small for my tastes.. ah well.. hopefully changes coming in future.. but my Ford is at 204k miles and I'll likely do something within 9months or so before she gives up the ghost...i won't risk no insurance coverage in case someone hits me and causes and accident.. (i.e. towing over approved capacity).. nor risk major mechanical failure... anyway.. happy hunting all!...
Sponsored