Sponsored

From an F150 to a Bronco, tell me it’ll be okay!

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well the boss finally gave her blessing for me to put down a deposit on a new Bronco. I told her with my “wants” it’ll be 6-1months before i get it haha
Plan to do Obx, 2.7, MIC, Lux, Tow.

However, the new Ranger is the more “practical” option. I’m worried bout not having a truck bed… I’m trying to think back to the times I used my truck bed the last year or so and I can only think of 2 times I couldn’t have pulled it off with an SUV…
For those that came from a truck to a Bronco, any regrets? Have you found that the transition was easy?
I don’t “need” a new vehicle but I sure has hell want a Bronco!
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I traded my 2016 F-150 Platinum in on my Bronco BL SASQ. The Bronco is not your full size pick up truck nor is it intended to be. You will lose some ride quality and creature comforts,lots of cargo capacity, and other things that come with a luxury laden F-150. I echo others here who say to test drive one before you make such an important decision. I love the Bronco, its capabilities, image, swag and doors/top off experience and the tech and luxury features that it does have are more than enough to compensate for the lack of the F-150 advantages.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I currently have a 2010 F-150 Regular Cab 4x4. I use it like a truck, so my Bronco will definitely be a huge change. I agree that many trucks are not used/needed all that often, but sometimes you just need a truck to get something done (recently purchased new appliances and could not pick them up with an SUV, Christmas tree is so much easier to get with a truck vs. SUV). We have debated this as well and decided that if/when we absolutely need a truck, we will rent one from Enterprise ($75/day). Not a bad trade-off to be driving a Bronco 365 days/year! You can always get a small trailer if you really miss it!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the boss finally gave her blessing for me to put down a deposit on a new Bronco. I told her with my “wants” it’ll be 6-1months before i get it haha
Plan to do Obx, 2.7, MIC, Lux, Tow.

However, the new Ranger is the more “practical” option. I’m worried bout not having a truck bed… I’m trying to think back to the times I used my truck bed the last year or so and I can only think of 2 times I couldn’t have pulled it off with an SUV…
For those that came from a truck to a Bronco, any regrets? Have you found that the transition was easy?
I don’t “need” a new vehicle but I sure has hell want a Bronco!
I kept my F150 to tow my travel trailer, otherwise, I would just have the Bronco now. You can rent a truck from Uhaul or Home Depot if you really need it. You can also use a trailer to haul things up to the capacity of the Bronco. My dad used to hook up a trailer to his EB and haul stuff that way.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own a ‘17 f150 3.5 and wife just got her 4dr Bronco 2.7 BL. There is no way I could have gone from my f150 to the Bronco. I enjoy the larger cabin in my truck, comfort, use of the bed when I need it, 3.5 power and the towing/payload of the truck. Right now Im in the midst of figuring out how to setup the bronco properly to tow our 3300lb offroad camper after running into hurdles.

Reactions: rws

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the last two years I have used my truck for payload capacity for the following:
-Buy a chest freezer
-Move across the country(bed was slap loaded with my fathers firearms collection and 900lbs of ammo & reloading equipment
-3 runs to the recycling center to drop off card board.

I am confident to replace my F150 with my Bronco. I have a steel deck motorcycle trailer if I need to haul anything that wont fit.

20210421_143151.jpg

kreuselh

Wildtrak
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm moving from a 2019 Magnetic F150 Lariat Supercrew to a 2022 Carbonized Grey 2.7 Wildtrak Lux and I'm not looking back. Looking for something fun to put the grandkids in. If I need to haul something, that's what the trailer hitch is for.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, a few years ago I turned in my super crew for a Audi suv. Wont lie, there was some withdrawal an uggs when you needed a bed... I found I had neighbors with trucks n if needed Home depot has their truck $20 plus they do delivery that's simple. It's worth the trade off of me.... Good luck n happy trails.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pretty much only drove trucks in my adult life until my last SUV. It was my first full time SUV. I said I was going back to truck, but the Bronco won me back over. I’d say I will certain miss the truck. Room, bed convenience, tow capability, dirty messy gear not being in-cab (truck box), but the Bronco is cool, off-road capable, better in-town convenience, and I’m getting a soft top so that swayed me over.

I personally justified the change and I’m looking forward to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2022 Ranger Raptor.
The original plan was a 2023 Ranger. Maybe Tremor package depending on what engine options would be.

but the more I look at the Broncos the more i love them. I wish they wouldn’t have axed the Gladiator competitor but understand why they did it.

i guess I see it as I’m giving up the bed for the everyday fun factor of the bronco.
also i think the new ranger looks… underwhelming.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went from an F150 to a Honda Accord work vehicle and I’m surviving LOL, you’ll be fine. The Bronco is replacing the family Explorer.

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I keep going back and forth coming from a Ram 1500. I debate if I'm going to miss the pickup convenience. (Saw the Bronco and really loved the look of it.) I also keep thinking just have stuff delivered or rent the Home Depot truck, but keep waffling on getting a mid-sized 4x4 pickup instead.

The short list was:

Gladiator (still like these)
Ranger
ZR2

I never really liked the seating position in Tacomas so...not really under consideration nor is Nissan.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original plan was a 2023 Ranger. Maybe Tremor package depending on what engine options would be.

but the more I look at the Broncos the more i love them. I wish they wouldn’t have axed the Gladiator competitor but understand why they did it.

i guess I see it as I’m giving up the bed for the everyday fun factor of the bronco.
also i think the new ranger looks… underwhelming.
I dunno, if the Raptor renders are close it's going to look awesome. I just wonder if it will be a 2.7 or 3.0.
ranger-raptor-front-2022-rendering-automotive-daily.jpg

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Always had a pickup capable of my needs.

Just a youngster when I saw the early model Bronco's and Scouts.
Knew then what I wanted someday.

Decided it was time to buy what I wanted rather than what I needed.
I'll address the lack of a truck bed with a tow behind trailer.
Sponsored