Sponsored

From an F150 to a Bronco, tell me it’ll be okay!

Rubicon79

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My DD was a 2015 F150 platinum that had 225k miles. I had zero issues with it other than carrier bearings and wheel bearings around 200k. I just happened to be getting it serviced when the dealership got their Bronco mannequin in. I had never even thought about wanting one but here I am.
Gas mileage is better and for around town errands it’s better day to day. Went on a 1k mile road trip and the wind and road noise is definitely worse but not terrible.
So far no regrets but I do have a 657 rwhp C10 and a F250 work truck. The small utility trailer takes care of 90% of my truck needs.
Sponsored

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I couldn’t give up my F-150, needed the towing capability and bed space. Convinced my wife to trade in her escape for the Bronco, now we have both!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco was supposed to replace my Gladiator. But my wife and both agreed having the truck was too useful and practical. While waiting for our Bronco we kept running into times where I was hauling stuff an SUV wouldn’t. So instead, we sold her car and she took the bronco. We couldn’t not get the bronco. You may just need to invest in a small trailer for hauling stuff. I would have done that, but I don’t have a place to store it.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went from a F150 to an FJ Cruiser. Drove the FJ for 5 years. There were many times that I missed having a truck and had to borrow or make other arrangements. I won't be without a truck again without at least having a trailer. Even an old beater truck for those times that you need a truck.

jlj4660

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2023 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love my 2 door Bronco but keep your truck if possible

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will never beat the utility of a pick up but I haven’t had one since the early 90s. In fact with the exception of an old 4runner and a beater Explorer, my wife and I have only had sedans. Roof rack on the Subbie helps with some transportation issues and there are times when I wish I had a pickup but I’d much rather drive a car. I think a small trailer with the Bronco is a great solution to give it that pick-up utility when you need it.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well the boss finally gave her blessing for me to put down a deposit on a new Bronco. I told her with my “wants” it’ll be 6-1months before i get it haha
Plan to do Obx, 2.7, MIC, Lux, Tow.

However, the new Ranger is the more “practical” option. I’m worried bout not having a truck bed… I’m trying to think back to the times I used my truck bed the last year or so and I can only think of 2 times I couldn’t have pulled it off with an SUV…
For those that came from a truck to a Bronco, any regrets? Have you found that the transition was easy?
I don’t “need” a new vehicle but I sure has hell want a Bronco!
I have a 2006 Tacoma and I'm going to keep it regardless ... the friggin thing is a tank ( no issues whatsoever during the years)
BUT just like you I used the bed only twice this year ... On my Bronco i find that I'm using most of the cargo area %100 of the time. Its more pragmatic for my lifestyle.
One thing you can consider is to get a folding trailer for easy storage and for when you really need to use a truck bed.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lb-capacity-48-in-x-96-in-super-duty-folding-trailer-62647.html

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2006 Tacoma and I'm going to keep it regardless ... the friggin thing is a tank ( no issues whatsoever during the years)
BUT just like you I used the bed only twice this year ... On my Bronco i find that I'm using most of the cargo area %100 of the time. Its more pragmatic for my lifestyle.
One thing you can consider is to get a folding trailer for easy storage and for when you really need to use a truck bed.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lb-capacity-48-in-x-96-in-super-duty-folding-trailer-62647.html
Great minds… i tell ya. See the post above yours haha

Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I felt the same way about my f250 so I kept it once I received my bronco. two is better than one lol

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
The question I think is what is it you want to do that you can with the Bronco that you don't get with the F150?

I've recently driven both Bronco and Ranger. The basic road driving quality of a Bronco verses the Ranger (and also F150) is quite dramatic. The Bronco is clearly much louder as far as road noise and is overall not as smooth and clean on the road.

What you do get with the Bronco is better factory off road capability, a roof off experience, and if you want a manual transmission that is available.

I haven't bought a new vehicle in 26 years and have to say I really liked both for their individual qualities.

While I am not much for off roading, I am an unashamedly enthusiastic snow driver. Also a manual transmission is a big draw given how few SUV/Trucks are equipped with such these days. Lastly, I do have need to get up on hilltop top sites with poor access roads and sometimes under poor conditions (mud, snow). For these reasons Bronco is my first choice.

That said, I do have need (due to Bronco delays) for another vehicle. That vehicle must have an automatic as I won't be the only one driving it. I could go either way with this other vehicle.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the boss finally gave her blessing for me to put down a deposit on a new Bronco. I told her with my “wants” it’ll be 6-1months before i get it haha
Plan to do Obx, 2.7, MIC, Lux, Tow.

However, the new Ranger is the more “practical” option. I’m worried bout not having a truck bed… I’m trying to think back to the times I used my truck bed the last year or so and I can only think of 2 times I couldn’t have pulled it off with an SUV…
For those that came from a truck to a Bronco, any regrets? Have you found that the transition was easy?
I don’t “need” a new vehicle but I sure has hell want a Bronco!
Disclaimer: I haven't read all the other replies.

Truck bed space becomes a non-issue if you can keep a small utility trailer. For hauling larger shit, it actually works better having a very low loading ramp, etc etc. Only issue is having to hitch it up or store it.

My biggest beef will be the tow rating. Nowhere near enough to pull the Old Man's Ranger boat.

If you get a 2dr, you may have cargo space issues if you like to keep stuff inside.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am keeping both my 2002 F150 and if I ever see my Bronco!
Sponsored