Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone looking to get rid of a capable bumper close to SE Louisiana?

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My rear bumper is lower on the right side or is it higher on the left side??? Either way, it is crooked, front bumper is straight. I’m going to have it straightened. I have a list started for when I drop it at the dealer.

Sponsored

pjwalker

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 67 Mustang, 08 landcruiser, 14 BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco is going back to the dealer for the 2nd time in 2 months I have owned it, first was rear defroster clip fell off window, now lights stay on, randomly, and I am having then fix Rear bumper alignment issue while its there ( maybe) I'll let everyone know what happens.

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My rear bumper (Bigbend 4dr) bumper was hanging lower on the passenger side than the driver side.
I was able to loosen the bolt on the right side curved slot...raise the bumper with a tall enough floor jack, retighten bolt and it is now level. The bolt was easy to loosen so assume that was the problem.
Same on my Black Diamond. Fixed in 5 minutes with your method. Bolt in the curved slot is supposed to be torqued to 20 ft/lbs. Left and right side were both looser than that.

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same on my Black Diamond. Fixed in 5 minutes with your method. Bolt in the curved slot is supposed to be torqued to 20 ft/lbs. Left and right side were both looser than that.
Also fixed the front bumper - hanging a little low on the driver’s side. Removed the cover around the tow ring - loosened the three bolts, adjusted and tightened to 60 ft/lbs.

1000rm

Base
First Name
Ralpn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like many my rear bumper was sitting lower on the passenger side. After removing the bumper and verifying that it was not a body mount issue, I noticed that the plastic bumper cover is not 100% straight. It is poorly made. The method I used to level the rear bumper was to install 2 (1/8” thick) washers between the frame and the lower bumper bracket. The washers need to be sandwiched between the frame and the lower bumper bracket. Then I installed the 2 lower bolts. I did this only on the side that was sitting higher (driver side). Those washers brought the bumper down on the driver side and brought it up on the passenger side. It worked.

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like many my rear bumper was sitting lower on the passenger side. After removing the bumper and verifying that it was not a body mount issue, I noticed that the plastic bumper cover is not 100% straight. It is poorly made. The method I used to level the rear bumper was to install 2 (1/8” thick) washers between the frame and the lower bumper bracket. The washers need to be sandwiched between the frame and the lower bumper bracket. Then I installed the 2 lower bolts. I did this only on the side that was sitting higher (driver side). Those washers brought the bumper down on the driver side and brought it up on the passenger side. It worked.
Definitely one way to fix it. I thought about your way, but really wanted to close the gap on the passenger side rather than increase the gap on the driver’s side.

I could be wrong, but the horizontal bolts that are in the curved slots on the left and right side (described earlier in the thread) don’t seem to serve a structural purpose. Seem to be there to adjust the cover over the structure.

Bronco rear bumper is different from the Bronco front bumper and from my experience with Wrangler bumpers where you attach the bumper to the frame with horizontal bolts and use the play in the holes to achieve vertical alignment.

Sponsored

1000rm

Base
First Name
Ralpn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely one way to fix it. I thought about your way, but really wanted to close the gap on the passenger side rather than increase the gap on the driver’s side.

I could be wrong, but the horizontal bolts that are in the curved slots on the left and right side (described earlier in the thread) don’t seem to serve a structural purpose. Seem to be there to adjust the cover over the structure.

Bronco rear bumper is different from the Bronco front bumper and from my experience with Wrangler bumpers where you attach the bumper to the frame with horizontal bolts and use the play in the holes to achieve vertical alignment.
I’m with you. I wanted to close the gap, especially since my truck is silver. It shows more paint as opposed to a darker color. Like you said the horizontal bolts don’t serve any structural purpose. I believe when these bumpers come off the mold they’re probably laid standing on a rack while still warm. This could be causing the defect. Let me know if you come up with a solution to close the gap. At the moment my bronco’s gaps are 7/8”. Wish these were less than 1/2”.

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m with you. I wanted to close the gap, especially since my truck is silver. It shows more paint as opposed to a darker color. Like you said the horizontal bolts don’t serve any structural purpose. I believe when these bumpers come off the mold they’re probably laid standing on a rack while still warm. This could be causing the defect. Let me know if you come up with a solution to close the gap. At the moment my bronco’s gaps are 7/8”. Wish these were less than 1/2”.
Mine is silver too - and fixed. See my post in this thread from July 6. I copied Delight’s method and made the passenger side match the driver’s side. Pretty close to 1/2”. I also fixed the front bumper. Less wiggle room, but it’s even now.
Sponsored