First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's crazy. A month. Were they waiting on parts?
same here...at 15k miles...front pinion seal leak - 22, WT - normal driving - defective part, poor install and/or poor design. Ford needs to own this and fix them all. Any TSBs on this problem?
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same with my 2023. I got it replaced under warranty last week without any issues.

Reactions: 0ne

Beaux1

Black Diamond
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 & 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I have the seal leak also, 2023 BD 12000 miles. Started to install a trans skid plate when notice the leak. Calling Ford Dealer Monday.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took my Bronco in to have the 4/7 pin tow kit installed (which failed to program) last week. While there, I asked they review my transfer case output shaft seal that I noticed is seeping. They did see that it looked "wet", but stated Ford won't do anything unless there's an active leak. So I guess I have to wait for my transfer case to fail. Strange thing though, is this looks and feels like 90w gear lubricant, like from a differential. My understanding is the transfer case would have ATF.

Oh, and my hard top is cracking now too. My list of issues is getting too long. But, I still like the car.

Ford Bronco Front differential pinion seal leaking IMG20231006163831

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go ahead and add me to the list. I have a 23 base Sasquatch 11,650 miles. I was getting ready to change my oil and decided to do a visual inspection.

We'll see how this goes.

Sponsored

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This happened to my 22 Bronco Badlands back in May with only 5K miles. Went for an oil change and pulled off the skid to make sure everything looked good and there was a huge amount of oil on the skid. Thought the oil guys got sloppy but turned out it was a leaky front pinion seal.
2022 Wildtrak - 16K miles - normal driving - same thing - during routine oil change noticed front seal was leaking (and not just a little) - dealer will have it over a week - need to get parts (supply chain issues surprise..surprise!). How many think this is a design issue that will soon become a problem and an eventual recall?..this shouldn't be happening at all.

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had 2 issues with my Bronco. The first is the front pinion seal which was leaking - first sign of that for me was a burning oil smell by 15k km. The first replacement took 3 weeks as the seal wasn't available (that was in March). In June, I heard a high pitched rotational whine coming from the back end, starting at 30 kph and increasing in volume with speed. It was a new noise, but always there. I would describe it like a background noise, almost like a field of crickets or cicadas (dry, higher pitch; not everyone could hear it) and with no vibration. My car was deemed safe to drive so I left it until 4 weeks ago when the front pinion seal started to leak again. The dealership was thorough. Front pinion seal was not properly seated so that has been replaced again (and we will see). The back end noise was more of a surprise - the cone and rollers had a factory defect in their plating and it was wearing down the bearings in the differential. That assembly and the bearings were replaced, and the noise is gone.
22' Wildtrak - 16K miles - normal driving - front pinion seal leak noticed during routine oil change - Dealer will have over a week (supply chain issue) and will also be looking at the differential - seeing several posts on here on this. This should not be happening and IMHO, it appears to be a design issue. How many here believe this issue will turn into a problem and an eventual recall?..some on here have had to do this more than once in only a short amount of time

mrcleanfromhell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 FJ62, 99 XJ, 23 BL Green Weenie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing for me today. 9300 miles of normal driving on a 23 BL Sas 2.7. Dealer doesn’t want to replace right now due to shortage of parts.

Beaux1

Black Diamond
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 & 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This will be my second front differential seal. 14000 miles 2023 BD SAS. Going in Wednesday for the seal and wiper motor program. Hope both problems are repaired this time.

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m at 35k and have had two front pinion seals replaced. Shop foreman did the last one about 5k ago. I noticed that when I drive in 4A (sport, slippery) it seems to accelerate the leak. Dealer suggested that potentially the front diff M210) isn’t vented properly and creates too much pressure at highway speeds for the seal. And once the seal is compromised, the leak just gets increasingly worse. I’m not a Ford Tech but maybe one of the local forum Techs may have a theory.

Sponsored

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Beaux1

Black Diamond
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 & 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had the dealer change the front pinion seal today. Still leaking and dealer is going order a new one, said it will be in Monday. This makes 3 now. Ford has so many problems.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had mine changed out last week. Was at 21k and it's probably been leaking for 3-5k.

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
22' Wildtrak - 16K miles - normal driving - front pinion seal leak noticed during routine oil change - Dealer will have over a week (supply chain issue) and will also be looking at the differential - seeing several posts on here on this. This should not be happening and IMHO, it appears to be a design issue. How many here believe this issue will turn into a problem and an eventual recall?..some on here have had to do this more than once in only a short amount of time
Got the seal replaced a little over a month ago...maybe put 500-1000 miles on it since - all normal street driving and a bit of highway...looks like it is leaking again...this is an obvious design flaw and should warrant a redesign and recall for all parts effected

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you guys have any pictures, please post them, I am wondering if my burning oil smell is from this as well.
Sponsored