First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting badlands with 33s non squatch, I believe I get the 4.27s as well, however I will be immediately taking those off and I stalling 37s, provided a quality lift is availed by that time. Now for the gearing, yes I coukd keep the 4.27s but, the added rotational mass is going to make the engine work harder, less low end torque, and less low speed crawling, I think that the sluggishness will be noticed with a 4" tire diameter change, so, when available i will be stepping up to either 5.13 or if im really bold, 5.38s, my bronco will really just be an off road toy, with light hwy use, but trailered most everywhere, mainly due the that fact that the gas milage will be really shitty with those tires and high gear ratio on the hwy, plus over drive or not. Im not driving 75 on a set of 37s anyways.
So I should not change what differential that comes with the BB, either in 7speed or Automatic?
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

255/70 versus 265/75 is a 1.6” difference in diameter... you lose a little bit of torque multiplication because of the radius... and your speedometer will read a little slower from a longer rollout... but it’s definitely doable

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone needs to tell my Scout II with a full locker in the rear that, I've been driving on the street for years with it.
Not to mention all the guys driving with a spool or Lincoln Locker :)
Yep I used to drive a pos 84 2.5 cj7 with a welded rear AMC 20 on the highway. Not every day though its 95 hp was running more like 75hp so i drove my maverick more often at the time. The lockers in these ones, are more like a electric spool. Not great on turns but your tires will just scrub a lil. Thats why most hardore folk dont even think about axles this small. Big axles just smile at abuse, less than 9" not so much. We shall see.
Sponsored