First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
One more thing to think about. With modern traction control systems, they can independently brake each wheel. I'm not saying that it's a replacement for a locker, but I'm not sure that a front locker is needed for most trails, just rear.

But that's my 2 cents.
Sponsored

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If it were just a locker I may agree... but you are talking IFS AND larger axle. And without a forseable timeline for a winch, I'll take my Front locker even if I never flip that front switch... oh but I will!

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just get yourself a set of "summer" wheels+tires with some all-seasons or whatever in a smaller size.

I'm sure someone with a base unit would happily buy your takeoffs on craigslist too.
Or I'm sure someone with a base that has already taken off their stock to put bigger ones would probably part with them

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After receiving my base SAS with AUX, I realized it was WAY cheaper to get all the factory options you can afford at order. It is usually SO much more expensive upgrading later. Get the lockers/SAS IMHO. (I wish I would have ordered Modular bumper, rails and skids)
Plus, it’s covered by factory warranty

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy Resurrection Batman...way old post. I don't even remember creating this one. Have no idea what I was thinking at the time, but front locker is a must! (Not to mention the beefier front axles)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Holy Resurrection Batman...way old post. I don't even remember creating this one. Have no idea what I was thinking at the time, but front locker is a must! (Not to mention the beefier front axles)
HaHa.. I'll dive into a thread happily enjoying all the banter then come across my own post and realize it's from months ago and wonder...what was I thinking??
Sponsored