Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never had an issue on my f150 regarding forscan but that’s also why I back up my files before and after changing. That way I can revert to factory settings if needed before it goes in and revert back after its home from dealership. But again, never encountered the issue with Ford. With jeep yes, but thats because the tech pointed out that I mistakenly left the dongle in the obd2 port and he couldnt remove it to plug in his computer for programming.
In that case, I may look into it more. Yeah, leaving the dongle in the obd port is a bit of a red flag for the dealer. Lol. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn’t you use a bass test like this one? Fade the audio to the back and see where it cuts out.

I just downloaded an analyzer app but need to find one that will generate the tones too.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do we realize how totally unacceptable it is that Ford gives you rear speakers but deliberately cripples them so they don't work like the front ones? Why are we putting up with this? Does any other car maker do this? Would we let them get away with it?

Bronconewby

Badlands
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi guys 1st time here. Yeah the speaker is shiet on the Broncos. So I did some messing around with the Forscan and manage to open up some stuff with the speakers. Now if your not sure or comfortable messing with the Forscan i suggest not to do it.

So if you look under ACM module there is a setting on the 1st line. Gonna try to attach a pic. The 1st box is what you want to change. It will be the 3 and 4 character.. On my Badlands original settings is 382B i changed it to 3801.. hope this helps.. this worked for me..

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi guys 1st time here. Yeah the speaker is shiet on the Broncos. So I did some messing around with the Forscan and manage to open up some stuff with the speakers. Now if your not sure or comfortable messing with the Forscan i suggest not to do it.

So if you look under ACM module there is a setting on the 1st line. Gonna try to attach a pic. The 1st box is what you want to change. It will be the 3 and 4 character.. On my Badlands original settings is 382B i changed it to 3801.. hope this helps.. this worked for me..
In the settings, did you lose "occupancy mode" with your FORscan change?

Sponsored

Bronconewby

Badlands
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No.. evertyhing stayed normal for me.
Line 1 and i only changed line 1. Should look like.

727-01-01 3801 14F1 006E..
My original build for my Badland setting was
727-01-01 382B 14F1 006E

Here is a link to reference most of the ACM module settings. Good luck peeps!!

https://naviupgrade.com/asbuilt-programming-database/

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do we realize how totally unacceptable it is that Ford gives you rear speakers but deliberately cripples them so they don't work like the front ones? Why are we putting up with this? Does any other car maker do this? Would we let them get away with it?
Any car company with a quality system does this and any aftermarket audio aficionado would expect it. It’s called a high pass filter, although most audio enthusiasts want to be able control the cross over point. Ford audio designers put the high pass on because the cheap stock 4 inch speakers would most likely blow quickly, trying to play frequencies they cannot handle as 4” speakers, especially as volume increase. What would have been nice is the ability to go into a screen and select cross over frequency. By the way a large quantity of aftermarket speakers have this same feature built into the speaker. That’s what the little coils are on the backside beside the magnet.

Bronconewby

Badlands
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is over my head with bass blockers and other audio jargon but I have FDRS at work and a B&O bronco that I want to upgrade. If I remember to I’ll try & see if I can do the JBL flash. Sounds like it might blow my stock speakers if I crank it up but if I’m going to upgrade them anyway who cares?

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the module reference link! Interesting reading.

What audio system do you have in you badlands?

Have you also tried changing the “727-01-02” line setting from the other post?

What effects are you getting from changing the “727-01-01” line?

And have you done any speaker upgrades?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronconewby

Badlands
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did mess with the line 2 settings and it went all haywire.. moved it back to factory. Then i found that link with all the ACM codes. I stuck with line 1 only.. this seems to do most of your speaker modifications. If you break it down i get what its doing but it gets complicated if you dont understand it. Shitty way to pass it on the consumers though.

6 speaker standard sound system

I just got my Bronco last week, so i have orders waiting for delivery for the speaker mods. I did however receive my apline s40's. I did swap front and rear. It does sound better. But the foot panel speakers suck balls. With the adjustments i did on the ACM, the bass sounds terrible, around half maybe less of the volume level cranked. i aint no audiophile but its seems half way decent below 15 volume level. maybe. Lol.. after that music with good amount of bass starts to get distorted.

Waiting on some component speakers for the kick panel. So ill keep you guys posted once i swap those. But i will most likely add a subwoofer somewhere.

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Updating you guys, as my buddy finished my audio install last night.

The Forscan update to give full range to the rear speakers, does in fact, give full range. Also increases volume quite a bit (went from listening on 17~ down to like 12~ after the change).

He brought the oscilator over to verify signal to the rear speakers before pulling the signal for my amp from them and they're definitely giving a full range.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Updating you guys, as my buddy finished my audio install last night.

The Forscan update to give full range to the rear speakers, does in fact, give full range. Also increases volume quite a bit (went from listening on 17~ down to like 12~ after the change).

He brought the oscilator over to verify signal to the rear speakers before pulling the signal for my amp from them and they're definitely giving a full range.
Based on your signature, you have the non-B&O system correct? Need someone to try the forscan deal on a B&O system. I haven't had time after work to mess with the wife's bronco.

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on your signature, you have the non-B&O system correct? Need someone to try the forscan deal on a B&O system. I haven't had time after work to mess with the wife's bronco.
Correct, I have the base system

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get your frustration. It seems like common sense is in short supply at Ford. It would make sense to just put a cheap filter on the speaker and call it a day. It would have even been cheaper for them. Now my question is, what do you propose we do to hold them accountable?
Sponsored