Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is crazy you have to go to such lengths to get it installed. I’d call the dealer and ask for help but I cringe at the likely poor response from most any business these days.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is crazy you have to go to such lengths to get it installed. I’d call the dealer and ask for help but I cringe at the likely poor response from most any business these days.
My dealer would not. Flip side is the techs are hourly. I wouldnt do it if i were a tech for the 8 hours it took to do it. I see NO way to OTA update it. It literally required a usb stick to be put in AFTER download, then reboot the SYNC from the stick. I had to do it twice. (Seperate downloads too)

i dont even think the car sould/would hold enough voltage not connected. A 4amp charger wont keep up with the draw. I had to use additional power source. I bought another 10a charger

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve used CarPlay in around 100 vehicles. I’m not sure any of them have been 100%
True, it’s CarPlay and your individual phone having problems most likely. In both my Jetta and Bronco , my friends Subaru AND my sisters Dodge all have the same problem.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer would not. Flip side is the techs are hourly. I wouldnt do it if i were a tech for the 8 hours it took to do it. I see NO way to OTA update it. It literally required a usb stick to be put in AFTER download, then reboot the SYNC from the stick. I had to do it twice. (Seperate downloads too)

i dont even think the car sould/would hold enough voltage not connected. A 4amp charger wont keep up with the draw. I had to use additional power source. I bought another 10a charger
Just because I don’t mind tinkering with things and the hands-on stuff I would try it if it weren’t for the expensive software package license. Perhaps some of the delay in rolling this out is Ford realizing it’s not gonna work without changing something

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just because I don’t mind tinkering with things and the hands-on stuff I would try it if it weren’t for the expensive software package license. Perhaps some of the delay in rolling this out is Ford realizing it’s not gonna work without changing something
Software is $50

fenderbender

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Software is $50
The software is $50 for two days of use. We shouldn't have to pay anything to keep our vehicles up to date on software.

In addition to that, the cheapest cable that doesn't require you to use a hacked Chinese version of FDRS is $550 (from Mongoose). Most people are not going to make this investment to update their software, nor should they have to.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The software is $50 for two days of use. We shouldn't have to pay anything to keep our vehicles up to date on software.

In addition to that, the cheapest cable that doesn't require you to use a hacked Chinese version of FDRS is $550 (from Mongoose). Most people are not going to make this investment to update their software, nor should they have to.
So cant just get a ODB to USB cable from amazon for 15 bucks and run with it? I went back through the pages here but didnt see it get summarized in step by step but I feel like wading into the dangerous waters.

Sponsored

fenderbender

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So cant just get a ODB to USB cable from amazon for 15 bucks and run with it? I went back through the pages here but didnt see it get summarized in step by step but I feel like wading into the dangerous waters.
My understanding is no. FDRS only works with multi thousand dollar diagnostic scan tools or with the aforementioned $550 mongoose cable. There is a $100 device that @mpeugeot linked above which requires downloading a hacked version of FDRS (I was not about to go down this route.)

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My understanding is no. FDRS only works with multi thousand dollar diagnostic scan tools or with the aforementioned $550 mongoose cable. There is a $100 device that @mpeugeot linked above which requires downloading a hacked version of FDRS (I was not about to go down this route.)
Oh man I got ya now. Damn! Well I put the battery charger on mine this morning. E-brake. Locked it. Put the auto update to 30 min from now. How damn frustrating that things can’t easily be done or updated. Thanks to everyone for sharing the experiences and knowledge on here!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you. Is the full screen just for the map, or does that also include a full screen for text messages, phone, etc?
It’s full screen for everything

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine seems to be latest update but I wonder if you need iOS 16 for it to work? I’ve been holding out on iOS 15 still. Anybody know?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s already been done OTA correct? I don’t think the few who originally received the update did it themselves but got it OTA. So apparently it CAN and HAS been successfully achieved OTA. Am I missing something?
Sponsored